1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 v1.0 is Released! Now updated to V1.0.0.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

I think the overall car painting could be some more reflective... more metallic and less plastic-toy-like.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Daniel Escalona

Daniel Escalona Member

I get your point. I work in the film/tv industry and I know very well what it's like to work with deadlines. More than just complaining or asking for something for my own enjoyment, I am simply worried for this product to make a good impression when facing criticism on the internet. We know that after the release, reviews begin to plague YouTube and people who are still deciding whether to buy the game or not, sometimes get carried away by the most random comment made by their favorite youtuber.
    This is a game aimed to enthusiasts, so most of us give priority to handling, physics, content and multiplayer over a simple aesthetic detail, but many people, after hearing a couple of negative reviews from the internet, become kind of "implacable", they begin to pay attention to unimportant aspects, even if they're minimal, to finish wasting the object of criticism. Finding a placeholder in an apparently finished product couldn't make the best impression for some willing to pay for a quality product. But again, I get your point and you're right.
    I have to say it: I just love this game. And I think it has the potential to be among the best simulation games to date, that's why I emphasize any aspect I find important, and I don't do it in any other place but here, where I think I can really contribute to make it the best it can be.
    I may be another of those who are putting too much pressure on that bunch of developers that Reiza is, but you very well said it: "life is a compromise" :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. StevePMo

StevePMo Member

Hopefully the devs will reply to this. I love the game, but every time I start it, I have to reconfigure my controls, it will NOT save any settings. I deleted the AMS2 folder in documents before installing the update, then uninstalled the game, and all related folders, and reinstalled. Still having the same problem, checked documents, and there was no AMS2 folder, so I restored the one I deleted, no help. Here is a screenshot of it NOT saving the data. [​IMG]

4. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

hmm not sure this is a game issue. How good are you with PC troubleshooting? It seems like its not allowed to write in the location maybe? Check logs, Win10 user control or defender or whatever. Might also download procmon (from sys internals) to check what AMS2 is getting stuck at while trying to create the folder.

5. StevePMo

StevePMo Member

It worked fine before V 1.0, not sure why it would happen all of a sudden.

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

If you verified your installation via Steam and deleted the folder in Documents, the game will recreate the folder structure and files the next time it runs. If it does not, you have a Windows permissions issue (admin rights or folder permissions). AMS 2 does not have a general issue with this.

7. StevePMo

StevePMo Member

so, how do I change this? I just verified the files, and there is still no AMS2 folder in documents.

8. bazziboy

bazziboy Member

Try to manually create a folder in your user's documents folder. If that works, you and any program you start with this user should have the permission to do so. If it not works, you have some wrong user settings in win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

create a Automobilista 2 folder by hand and add an antivirus acception for that folder. Maybe AV permits AMS2 to write to that folder

10. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Maybe look into running the game with administrator rights , can't tell you how off the top of my head but have seen other people have to do this with other software to get it to run correctly with windows .

11. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Renato all right ?, my question is about the StockCar 2020, is the braking behavior turning to the side and the rear exit in the middle of the curve normal ?, the impression I have is that the rear suspension part does not work, I mean compared to Stock 2017, which in numbers are almost identical, the only difference is that it is still 30 kg lighter, is this behavior normal or will the car undergo adjustments? thank you.

12. B Stu

B Stu Member

@StevePMo Maybe try clearing download cache? Steams settings/ Downloads and at the bottom-Clear downloads cache. It's worth a try..

13. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't think it is an issue and probably Renato will confirm.

This behavior may be addressed by (1) learning how to trail braking and (2) setup differential config.

Me too, I do have some difficulties in trail braking, regarding my own low capacity added to my pedals loose repeatability. Trail braking requires load transfer to the fronts and maybe that's the reason behind brake bias is so high to the fronts (66% defrault). And if you can't release brakes gradually and at time, you will be in serious trouble.

So I try to invest some time into setup differential config. My first perception is that default Diff set is almost blocked (see tire slip% at any telemetry software). Not from the default ramp angles but from a high preload. So reducing preload is the way for us low-skill-level trail breakers. And by how amount? Sorry but there's no one easy answer, each one must find the sweet pot and just as a reference, mine is 40 against 100's default.

Remember that lowering preload will result in a looser coasting diff and you must compensate it lowering coast ramp angle to avoid spin. The same to power ramp angle but not too dangerous result if you don't change it.

I'm by no way an expert and maybe some people there could correct me.

PS: Trail braking at Stock Cars V8 (2017-2020) is way much less intense than for example at old cars F.Retro and Opala's. I'm referring to the overall behavior not strictly the trail braking as you don't see any loose end at SCV8.

[Edit] Some interesting discussion at another thread

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  14. StevePMo

StevePMo Member

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

15. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you very much for the information, my doubt was born because the difference between one car and another is very large, it is logical that the part of mechanical grip is not being shown by the game, based on the weight of the car, HPs, NM, they are identical, new stock is 30 kg heavier, I think that at least within your explanation Stock 2020 should come with a more accurate base setup, my observation was born from complaints from teammates who are having a lot of difficulty in guiding the car, as many players coming from the consoles do not have enough knowledge to change things in the cars, so a good basic setup is essential for the inclusion of these new players, an interesting example is the ACC that provides both a more aggressive and a safe, many say which is not fun, it is not pleasant to walk with stock2020, many are using 2017 which is much more balanced, it is not a criticism of the game, on the contrary the intention is to help the studio put I have some feedbacks from users, thanks for the explanation.

16. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

I see you have it set to "Custom". Did you download a custom FFB file? What happens if you change "Custom" to "Default"? Does that save your settings?

17. OlaN

OlaN Member

I just changed the differential from clutch to geared, much easier to control now!

18. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Renato.. 1.0.0.3 tonite? Yay or Nay? :p

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

• v.1 update of content here on forum shows 5 layouts for Granja Viana and the names in the UI appear to be file name-based rather than the official names
    • Reiza logo is initially offset on my ultra-wide monitor, then snaps into centre place briefly before the array content logos appear

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. StevePMo

StevePMo Member

Thanks to all, I finally have it working, Win Defender had folder protection ON, I turned that off, and all is well, I also cleared download cache in Steam, so one of those two things fixed it!! Thanks again!!

• Like Like x 3