Automobilista - EA v0.9.8 RELEASED

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

AMS_kart_Speedland2.jpg
    A new Early Access build of Automobilista has been released - v0.9.8 is now out.

This is the main changelog:

Content:
    • Added Speedland Kart track venue (4 layouts)

Features & Fixes:
    • Enhanced pneumatic trail by adding new PneumaticTrailGripFractPower (PTGFP) function, for much improved self-aligning torque (should make tire forces more perceivable through FFB)
    • Tweaked FFB output code & added "FFB Low Force Boost" to Controller UI (this should help wheel "lightness" under low steering forces with lower end FFB controllers)
    • Added new low speed FFB fuction to eliminate vibration / oscillation at very slow speeds
    • Revised default Realfeel settings and pneumatic trail values to match to new FFB functions
    • Added AIWs to Time Trial anticheat verification (this will lead to failed authentication in case of AIW edits)
    • Added function to sort cars of different performances within the same series for the TT leaderboards
    • Tweaked road dust smoke & skid properties
    • Brasilia: Tweaked track limits to allow running over green crete run-off
    • VIR: Improved road & curb textures
    • Superkart: Adjusted tires, slight increase of front/rear track width
    • Karts: Adjusted tires
    • Montana: Adjusted mirror height; Fixed oversized interior Windshield resolution (from 2048px to 1024px)
    • Boxer: Added wiper to cockpit view; Corrected AI tire wear
    • Lancer Cup: Fixed pneumatic trail bug which numbed FFB output

If you have a multiplayer race tonight, you may want to check with the league admin whether you´ll be racing with the old version or this latest v0.9.8. Previous v0.9.67 is still available as a Beta branch on Steam (by right-clicking Automobilista on Steam -> Properties -> "BETA" tab, and selecting v0.9.67 from the dropdown box).

As per the changelog, V0.9.8 features some substantial Force Feedback updates - read about these in the AMS FFB topic.

If you wish to discuss the new track limit violation system, please use this thread.

If you have a bug to report please use the bug report thread. (make sure to check the opening post).

• Like Like x 15
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. luck21678

luck21678 New Member AMS2 Club Member

3. Roberto Moraes

Roberto Moraes New Member

4. TDS

TDS ;-) AMS2 Club Member

FFB is much improved! Can feel much better weight shift and tires feel awesome overall, don't even need to use tweaked realfeel.ini anymore :)
    Good Job! A Nice Step Up for Sure!
    All Hail Niels lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. TDS

TDS ;-) AMS2 Club Member

AC and AMS complement each other for me.. love em both equally :) Passion Driven Devs Teams.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not sure if this improvement was due to Niels' efforts. Maybe there's someone else we have to thank for.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Multiplayer replays?
    Great stuff on the FFB :)

8. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Will be fixed in the next update, we couldn´t quite get through it in time for this one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. P*Funk

P*Funk Active Member

Night lighting on at least one of the long layouts at Speedland is lacking. I encountered a couple substantial black ie. unlit areas. Enjoying the venue so far though.

10. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks very much Renato et al, for the really profound improvements to FFB. I've spent several hours driving all my favourites and I reckon you've pretty much completely nailed it now - the FFB is strong yet detailed, you can easily feel the weight of the car and its transfer, and actually feel that you're driving on rubber tyres filled with air. The stationary oscillations have been completely eliminated too!

It's really heartening to see a small dedicated and communicative dev team relentlessly improving this amazing game week by week.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Request:
    In the garage i'd like to be able to save a setup from the main garage screen (ex.g.: every time i add notes and do other tweaks), instead of having to go to setup list each time and first save and then overwrite. It's too much clicking and moving the cursor around, it's clumsy.

I'd prefer setup management tools/buttons/list on the main garage screen somewhere.
    There seems to be some spare space right of the notes box - at least a save button would come handy there.

Cheers

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. gdubmx

gdubmx Member AMS2 Club Member

Great SIM just got greater. Amazing work guys! Will you add the menu icons mod as standard? It looks way better than the stock badges (no offense)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jan Mikuž

Any chance of making it possible to order the servers by car ?

14. Jan Mikuž

A quick question:

Is the 2nd gear on the LancerRS working properly ? I was driving around BA No8 and in the slow corners, where i need to shift down to 2nd, i notice the 2nd gear gets a lot more blip, which causes quite a bit of understeer and shunts the car off the line. Seems a bit odd to me, but i'm no expert.
    Is this the way it's meant to be ?

Cheers

15. TDS

TDS ;-) AMS2 Club Member

with new tires and ffb if i set low force boost to 60 it feels awesome with almost all cars but when i go to any formula car it feels strangely too light on lower speeds. Maybe formula cars need a tweak on realfeel values. @Renato Simioni

16. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Man this FFB :):):):)
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

No, that would mean re introducing clipping for those cars. What wheel you are using? If g25/27 you need low force boost increase

• Like Like x 1
  18. TDS

TDS ;-) AMS2 Club Member

yep if i increase it to 74% for formula cars it feels nice.. but i have to keep going back and forth from 60 to 74 depending on car. Just a Heads up.
    yep g27. 107 profiler strength -100 ffb ingame and 60 to 74 low force boost.

19. roby13

roby13 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

per car ffb settings would be handy in this case

• Like Like x 1
  20. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

@TDS try profiler at 100%, over 100% logitec doesnt really increase linearly, just clips higher forces.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.