1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.1.0 & Hockenheimring Pack RELEASED - Now updated to v1.0.1.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 24, 2020.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I have commented on this in another post because even if you load (or save) a NEW autogenerated setup(via "Set to Defaults") the game crashes.
    I have to admit I dont know if some car/track combinations are free of this bug - but I guess not:(

• Like Like x 1
  2. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Regarding the FPS drop I've noticed this too . Was at Imola with two weather slots , overcast / thunderstorms with 24 car grid . Never seen below 60fps before but during the thunderstorms it was struggling to maintain 55 FPS .
    Did wonder a while ago if the game would become more resource heavy over time as bits and pieces were added ? Hope this isn't the case but we will see .

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. SimRaceTube

SimRaceTube New Member AMS2 Club Member

It is the same as pcars 2... When you stop the game make sure you keep contact witth TIR through your hat or trackclip until your game-light goes out. Then you can start again, if you lose contact to soon, TrackIR gets confused and will not work...

4. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, it works.
    As many others, I had the problem because of setup files.
    After update, first I had CTD at Hockenheim. Then I tried Interlagos test day, it worked. I also created a new setup file. Then back to Hockenheim, it worked, too.

5. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Cascais / Estoril still has FPS problems, especially in replay, but also when driving.
    Maybe better as it was.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  6. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

We are aware of the CTD issue saving setups in the latest version, another hotfix to address this and a couple of other issues will be released early on this coming week.

• Like Like x 15
    • Informative Informative x 5
  7. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Are TT boards going to get reset at any point for cars that have changed pace through development beyond 1.0? I think there are already some where fastest times are unachievable.

8. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

That's definitely not the issue here. I know I haven't had this particular problem before. Plus I was already making sure the TrackIR never lost contact with the TrackClip, from the moment I started the TIR software until the issue occured in AMS2. I am aware this also happens when contact is lost for extended periods of time, but this is definitely something else.

Guess I will need to keep an eye on it.

9. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Unfortunately the tack limits system still has a loooong way to go until we can race hard online. One thing I don't understand is that in PCars 2 the system got waaaay better (although still far from ideal) in the later stages of patching so I had assumed that version of the code would be in AMS 2 as well.

Last night I simply quit an online race (P3 at Hockenheim) when it was destroyed by the track limits enforcement rules. I understeered out of the hairpin and immediately got a warning, decided to slow to a crawl (loosing a lot of positions) until the warning became an 8 seconds penalty with a 1st warning for track limit violation. Great! I then decided to continue racing and after getting a little enthusiastic using too much curbing the game punished me again with a further 13 seconds penalty even after I basically parked the car to try and serve the penalty.

I'm sorry but this is just unacceptable. We need to start getting some focused work done on the basic systems in the game all around, before even thinking about and asking for new content. Right now I'm too afraid of commiting to races just to have them ruined by basic stuff like this so I'm just doing hotlaps :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Joshua Anderson

Joshua Anderson Cosmo-holic AMS2 Club Member

Is the Dominilab car based on the one I submitted in the skin submission thread? Awesome if it is :D

Don't know who the drivers are though, definitely different names to the ones I posted :p

11. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I mean... Look at the attached screenshot. Race started with 14 drivers but half the field gave up because of too many penalties.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Only ever needed to reset camera and seat after deletion of doc folder after updates otherwise it does not change for me.
    Oddly as happened last night (not the first time) I set up an online session and on leaving the pit had no recognition of wheel or wheel settings and I think seat did not change. I had to leave reboot game and wheel then it was all back to normal. Bit of a shock to leave the pit under ai then be on track/pit lane with no steering.

REF op Historic track Thanks :) for the amount of historic tracks that are in the sim great tracks and car matches.

13. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

ams21.png
    Sorry for the dumb question, but there is an option on the server for disable all rules?

14. BrunoB

At least the 2 cars I drive at the moment F-Reiza and F2 run exactly the same laptimes as before the latest 2 upd:)

15. Yuri Bascope

Yuri Bascope Member AMS2 Club Member

@Renato Simioni any news about car template, views and ways to put it in game?

I'm looking forward to start making art in the game :p

16. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

So this is now sorted internally and should be deployed with a couple of other fixes by Tuesday at the latest.

I don´t think that any of the cars changed enough that old times are unachieavable but do let us know when you think that may be the case and we´ll keep track of it, in any case resets will indeed be car / track specific now when the change is big enough to warrant it.

Yep, towards the top of the list now - we should have it available in time for the late August update.

We´re in process of adding all the community drivers to their liveries along with the real / fictional drivers with unique helmet / suits to all other series that curently don´t yet have them, another process that should be through before the late August update.

The penalty system code is being worked on now and at least the track limit penalties while taking evasive action from other cars should be fully sorted by the next update.

In the meantime the option to disable the system is there for those who may prefer something more loose.

• Like Like x 16
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Andy-R

reposting for notifications

18. Andy-R

Nice! Sadly doesn't seem to be the case for all cars :(

I summon your alienest of aliens to beat the Cascavel TT record in the Chevette. Could be that I'm just doing something wrong but seems pretty unachievable to me. I checked the guys setup and it seems fairly normal. I also tried loading his ghost and even if I enter T1 and get on the power at what seems like the same time he is pulling away up the road to the tune of 6 tenths in the first sector. Unleash the Heitor!

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. BrunoB

Im comming from Raceroom where Im topping most of the TT LBs in the 3x Formula90ties.
    Slightly bragging :rolleyes:

But suddenly one guy popped up on my favorite track (LakeView Hillclimb) and he was 1.5 sec faster than anything I ever thought possible.
    I watched his ghost and almost everywhere he was pulling away from me.:mad:
    Then I wrote a complain to the customer service that I have found one guy who was obviously cheating via some kind of hack or whatever.
    Hehe luckily I didnt post the complain :rolleyes:

Instead I started some heavy practice focusing solely on this track.
    And heureca - because after a lot of starts on this track I suddenly could match him - and hehe even make some faster times.
    So...:p

• Like Like x 2
  20. Andy-R

I'm certainly not suggesting anyone is cheating I'm just assuming some update post 1.0 has slowed the Chevette down. It isn't a difficult car to drive so find it hard to see there being 0.8 left in it, most of which is in the first sector. Any aliens out there please prove me wrong and I will accept I just need to git gud. The way the P1 ghost is faster makes it look like something has changed with the car though IMO.