1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.1.0 & Hockenheimring Pack RELEASED - Now updated to v1.0.1.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 24, 2020.

1. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ferrari intiduced them with the 156 in 1962

Ferrari 156 F1 (1961) - Ferrari.com

• Like Like x 1
  2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I didn't miss it. It's because my alternative conclusion is that they are not working. I do not believe they have less effect than in other cars (where they are working); I believe they have no effect. But once fixed like the other cars they will.

3. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Dev update incoming tonight, right?

Silverstone aimed to be released next weekend, very fitting for the 70th aniversary GP! Would we have enough people to have a comemorative 26 laps F1 race on Silverstone after the real life grand prix?

4. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

it 1:30 in center Europe.
    Still waiting :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Active Member

All this was about trying to prove what @Ettore saw before. About the Vintage cars in particular, I already posted all I saw about brakes days ago at its respective thread.

What I hope, is to see some change on these cars because it passed two or three releases and some problems remain the same.

6. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have not raced these cars a lot and I did not follow what problems they may have, was just trying to help understanding if ducts percentages are reversed, which clearly are not. What I can say for sure is that the ducts are not disabled. The max temp is 100C different between 10% and 90% ducts so there is an effect associated. Whether the numbers we see are accurate or are too mild because they have bugs in them I can't honestly say. It's worth raising it in the bug section I guess.

7. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Active Member

Another thing I observed with the Vintage and Retro cars is that to maintain front and rear brake temps equal, you are to use 57 or 58% of front brake, other way after some laps, when the brakes cool stabilizes, the rear brakes have a higher temp than the front ones. It looks like rear brakes have less cooling in general or a differente thermal inertia.

8. Ettore

To be honest I am not even sure whether the rear discs where mounted on the wheel hub as today or on the shaft close to the transmission like it was at the early stages of disc brakes. This could explain why the rears seem to be somewhat hotter than you would think. That is why I did not draw a conclusion on whether the numbers are correct. The trend with ducts opening seem for sure to be correct.

9. Ettore

It seems that was actually the case: brakes were inboard

The History of the Lotus 72 – F1’s Most Successful Car

• Like Like x 1
  10. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Seems to me like the Chevette may have changed enough (see below.) Also it looks like there is some visual bug with interior parts being displayed on the windscreen.

11. Marc Collins

I reported this already a few days back. Apparently it's the back of the tach, but a bit too vivid for my liking. The amount of reflection in the wind screen varies quite a bit from one car to the next. This one is over-the-top even if it is realistic.

Right after I complained about it I drove my own car in bright sun and noticed how prominently the HUD projector reflects in the wind screen depending on the angle of the sun (about the same as the tach in the Chevette!). But I still think in a sim, it is too much.

12. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It looks like it has been artificially added on, it doesn't look right to me. The steering column is really bold compared to the dash and other stuff and it never fully disappears it seems. Also the way the steering column is reflecting you would think you should be able to see the steering wheel and probably the driver a bit. The dash looks small in the reflection and also seems to curve strangely at the sides and the far away stuff like the fire extinguisher and cables seem a bit bold.

I'm guessing this Kadett is similarly proportioned:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope they can tone down the bumps in Hockenheim, especially the long variants as I tried a couple of them with open wheelers tonight and they are too bumpy for open wheelers ATM, especially with the shakers runnings.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That and/or add more options for less cockpit vibrations in general, as asked in many threads.
    It is true that the shaking can be unbearable with fast open wheelers.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ettore

Bumps are difficult to handle but you get used to it after a while. Truth is Hockenheim old layout is really bumpy and with formula cars that is really a thing. Watch Mansell's car and head around the old layout

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  16. Marc Collins

Yep, the olden days tracks were not all billiard table smooth and repaved so frequently like the current ones.

17. F1Aussie

Yeah, it was pretty much like mansells car, will have to try the 2001 variant as I don't think it was that bad.

18. Ettore

Tried it already with the F V10 and it's still mostly the same. The forest section of the track was never so even

19. F1Aussie

Have just created a second AMS2 profile in Sim commander just for open wheelers and have toned some of the effects down.

20. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Very sorry if I came off offensive! I meant to have a little go at how it looks rather than seriously complain, i did hope the ingame camber looks were temporary and I also understand its just visual, wasnt implying the camber changes in setup didnt work.

Thank you for the explanation, I do hope we get all the nice features the engine offers eventually :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2