1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 July 2020 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 1, 2020.

1. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

...very good news! Great work Reiza!
    hum... there wasn't a 6th DLC to come after Hockenheim release for free?
    I read something about that on Twitter...

Glad to read a new penalty system is coming, the AMS one worked good so bringing it back somehow is a great news!

What about dedi development? We are still missing some basic (IMO) options...

...btw, congrats Reiza!

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Wonderful news! I am hoping for, in this order:
    1. Multiplayer improvements, especially the facets related to the UI (lobby, chatting, pit strategy and in-car control of pit-related items)
    2. As part of the introduction of the AMS 1-style penalty system (much needed), that the distinction between leaving the track and losing time versus leaving the track to gain time gets fixed--we need to stop the double penalizing, not just replace the current annoying time delay scheme that gets applied to all offs with a counter for drive-through penalties
    3. Announcement that at some point we will see 1960's versions of the historic tracks so the F-Vintages have a proper home and we can experience the true old-school, pre-chicane tracks of yore.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Mancho Murgan

Mancho Murgan New Member

I totally agree with that. I think that Reiza did a great job with the sim, but a good sim without a good multiplayer ends up being just another title on Steam library.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Leonardo, please read the dev update you’re commenting on... Its long but you may find some useful info in there for what you’re looking for ;)

As a complement to that, the Dev Updates are long because it comments on everything we have and will be working on in recent with broad strokes - if I were to comment on every single thing we are changing / fixing it would be an even longer read and you guys already ignore the shorter version :p

if by the next update you dont see improvements on the issues (if not necessarily the major updates that you find important) by all means, let us know.
    Five announcements this year ;) there will be a 6th to compensate the Hockenheim giveaway towards the end of the Season Pass cycle.

• Like Like x 14
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Lucas Vieira

Lucas Vieira Member

So good to know that Nord is coming. As Spa, it will be a laser scan track?

Considering the amount of bumps in the nord, it will be worthy to be a Laser scan.

Great work Reiza!

6. Leonardo Meneses Alves

Leonardo Meneses Alves Member AMS2 Club Member

Renato, Reiza is doing an amazing job since GSC. i'm a big fan, banker on both versions of Automobilista because i realy believe in It!
    But the multiplayers are feeling abandoned, since the recent updates does not sorve the several problems that we are facing. I' do know that you até working hard on It and i Hope it would be sorved soon.

Thanks for the game!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Juan Reinoso

Juan Reinoso Doctor SimRacing AMS2 Club Member

I'm reporting netcode issues since day 1 of multiplayer in beta, just only one partial fix since that

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Thiago Alves Laurentino

Thiago Alves Laurentino New Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there any chance of implementing multiplayer driver swap?

• Like Like x 1
  9. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

No word about MP.
    Nothing about ranking system.
    :confused:

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. BetoFlankerBR

BetoFlankerBR New Member

Indeed...
    We are facing a lot of problems in multiplayer mode.
    "Netcode" problems, cars floating through the track, game crashing and so on.
    Of course, new contents are very welcome, but I hope that you guys improve the multiplayer mode, please.
    I consider AMS2, my main simulation game, but its "bugs" in multiplayer mode is anoying us a lot

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Edit: Looking for championship mode a lot. Bit bored of riding single race. Would love to have a single weekend instead of single race. Just a 'pre-season' until Championship mode is here or/and done. So I can just use excel to make my own standings or so, haha.

Anyway. Keep it up. Never forget you're on the path to create the best race-simulation ever. Since AC. Like I said earlier. 2020-2030 will be the Reiza-years.

Edit: By the way. I think Nord Tourist would be ideal for trackdays in MP. It can fill MP just like it filled AC. People love to clear their minds and race/cruise with 30-60+ others.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. kamtcho

kamtcho New Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you great update to read.
    Please reiza make Nordschlife able to hang on practise and just cruise hours around whole saturday. Not like in pcars2 where are just race is possible.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is awesome. Thank you, Reiza.

AMS2 is truly the Pcars 3 I always wanted.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Marcos Santiago

Marcos Santiago Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you Reiza, the game are getting better and better, althug has many areas to be refined, im 100% sure that u guys going to fix all, im really very happy with what AMS2 are delivering. A master piece.:cool: Can´t wait for these 70s f1 cars.

I hope that the two legendary tracks that remain unrevealed being Monza and Le Sarthe. =D And I miss a modern F2 and F3 car, (Ultimate 2\3) XD

And I would like to see some 60s content, like european and american touring\gt cars. And 60s tracks like Spa, Monza, Reims, Monaco, Kyalami, Zandvoort...I Think has an especial charm, drive in circuits without any guard rails or chicanes, hay bale around the track, small pits and without any division to track, people very close the track without any security. (if hit people, just pass through without any animation, or black screen and repawn the car to track.) :D

But if isnt possible add these content, that´s ok. maybe im a minority that like this content. maybe in the next game. AMS2 already exceeded my expectations anyway. :)

:hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Philip Antonia

Philip Antonia New Member

Nordschliefe have their own laser scan data that I believe has been used by a number of sims, including iRacing, so I'm sure they will have acquired that for AMS2

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Keep up the good work. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. LibranRabbit

LibranRabbit Member

First off, you Devs must feel pretty blessed producing such a brilliant product top of the list.
    Can’t wait for the Nordschleife!
    We could do with cars that your scared to drive, monsters that crack and pop with flames belching from their exhaust pipes. So animalistic, you need to wrestle them into and out of every corner using every muscle and reflex you possess with both hands!

18. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Renato super happy with some promising news for the near future, and...

I hope the Porsche’s join the German family as it was teased a few months ago and I’m dreaming of it now:rolleyes:, and during that interview with RafaBin you mention the Green Hell following Silverstone, is it? Or Spa is coming first?

I’m a huge fan of the Nords and a super slow driver as well so very anxious to get some quality practice on that and hopefully with some well designed GTs too.

keep up the good work mate. Thanks Reiza family :hurrayreiza:

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. BillyBobBongo

BillyBobBongo New Member AMS2 Club Member

This is the perfect mindset to have, and further proof of the quality of Reiza Studios.

Particularly happy to hear you are looking at the track limit system. It always seemed too harsh/sensitive, very much looking forward to it.

Keep up the good work!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you for this brilliant sim!
    I hope you will also make a small update to enable VR gaming for Pimax users without the need of parallel projection which is unfortunately a FPS-killer like it was implemented in a recent RFactor 2 update.
    This would bring VR sim racing to another level!
    Can’t wait to experience the Bridge section of Silverstone for the first time ever in VR! :):p

• Like Like x 2