1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 July 2020 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

The price for the bundle atm is £103.48 here in the UK. It will go up when the GT cars are released I believe, so the base game will then cost around £45.

2. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ah yes, I can see the 10% discount version too, but it’s ~€120, so just wondering if it’s cheaper in the rest of Europe

3. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

4. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

pop.png

5. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

6. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

I thought that deal expired last Monday but you never know, buy the base and find out :)

7. karoliens

karoliens Member AMS2 Club Member

So? What's you're point? Are you really claiming that there's linear proportion between population and people playing racing games?
    Maybe then the content should be around China? Not a valid point at all in my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  8. kodnin

kodnin Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Probably not, but we should also be careful for a faulty Northern-American/Western-European bias.

9. karoliens

Content wise I am happy where this is heading. We have less less known South America tracks and we have more mainstream tracks as well and there's more to come. I just don't understand the argument 'they should only add more niche tracks and be somehow unique'. If they in it to earn money and for the development of the software they need to cover both bases and that's what they are doing ATM.
    Concentrating on the quality not quantity would be better move IMHO even as it is bow there's plenty of content.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Are you seriously claiming that a Northern-American/Western-European bias is faulty? There is a world wide appeal to those tracks and people with all income leves aspire to race those tracks. I cant see a poor chinese man spending his money to drive an unknown chilean track. But Im speaking in general now.

I personnally love what AMS 2 has in focus and that it provides alternative content. Problem is, that driving feels so great in this game that I would now like to have all tracks in this game now.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, Hockenheim, Spa, Nord, etc they just sell. Which is good, so Reiza receives more money to make the physics and all that even better. However, meanwhile I am eager to drive on 'lesser known'-circuits. Croft, Thruxon, Mondello, other South-American tracks. Even hoping for more Aussie/Kiwi tracks because V8 only have Bathurst and Adeleide.

Imho, SPA is very welcome, so it can have an 'official' UK Caterham, Lancer and F-Trainer calender. 5 or 6 UK events and then they go either to Spa or Zandvoort (Doesn't count in standings)

Anyway. It's all about what Reiza wants. More towards to mainstream, or more towards an unique experience and delving us in the lower parts of racing: Amateur racing. You can have both, but it's hard to satisfy both camps. Just look at Dirt 4 who tried to please casual and hardcore crowd.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, that is the price i paid for the beta (+base game +Season pass), a while ago. Since the game is released i think it isn't available anymore. (NL)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thruxton is such a cool circuit! Thruxton and Goodwood are 2 of my favourites in the UK.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Before I started using AMS2 I didn't know any Tracks in Brasil nor did I know anything about the racing scene in Brasil. Today I love those tracks, Stock Car, Sprint Racer and Imperio Endurance Brasil. I have used Hockenheim 5 or 6 times and that was that. People, for some reason, are hooked on that whole GT3/GT4 thing and well known European tracks. The only European tracks that would interest me at this point is the Nordschleife and LeMans (because of Endurance). Cascavel and Interlagos have become my favorite tracks :D

• Like Like x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, it's a nice discussion about what is more interessting. Well- or low-known-tracks.
    It seems that Reiza does the right mixture of both types. And of course, I also like to drive on the well-known-tracks and appreciate the work Reiza does with these tracks.
    But as I can read out of all the messages, after getting or confirming so many 'well-known-tracks' which are available in most sims there is still the wish of lesser-known-curcuits because this is something special (as well as lesser-known-racing series) of Reiza and AMS.
    I just think, the next track-project should be one which can't be found in any other sim just to keep the roots of Reiza upright.
    Isn't that the point why we are using AMS? Back in Game-StockCar, there wasn't any track well-known track (except Interlagos) or racing series available and nevertheless so many have found the way to it and now to AMS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

the same to me...but I started with Game StockCar and F-Truck
    My goodness, what for exciting tracks; Europe, take a look on them

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Marcos Santiago

Marcos Santiago Member AMS2 Club Member

I am very happy with all these famous tracks that Reiza are adding, like Spa, Nurburgring, Hockenheim, Imola, Interlagos, Mont Panorama, Silverstone, * Suzuka, * Monaco ... and if they add Monza and Le Mans, the dream team will be complete. Does anyone know another title with all these circuits together? :confused: Every racing game should have these tracks!!!!

And we still have Kyalami, * RedBull Ring, * Estoril, Jerez, Adelaide, Brands Hatch, Donington Park and many others ... with the richest catalog of historic circuits in a game, with US circuits to come. :cool::cool: and I not counting a bunch of brazilian tracks :D

By the way, Thank you Renato Simioni and Reiza, we all recognize your efforts to deliver the best to us !!! :):)

But Reiza is from South America, I think it's important to add more circuits from your own land, TCR South America 2021 can be a great opportunity for that, If possible, of course. For replace the Copa Petrobras de Marcas. The calendar must to have 3 very good circuits from Argentina and Brazil, 1 from Chile and Uruguay (maybe change). SA will be vey well represented, and we still have Ibarra. (btw TCR cars looks a beast!!)

Sorry if I'm asking for too much Renato (And I know I am). :D If not possible add TCR in AMS2, at least in a separate game. :)

Well done guys!!!

*Unofficial

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

We know Reiza wants to do EVERYTHING. It's just a question of the development pipeline and prioritizing what order these things come in while balancing sales revenue and limited dev resources. If there was some magic formula to guarantee revenue, they would be able to hire more resources and AMS would eventually be the global simulator of all motor sports. Since there is not, we have to take what we can get in some order that makes sense for the business while buying as much as we can afford. Cherry-picking only what we want (recognizing some people legitimately can only afford to do that) just ensures that less overall content will get produced (due to lack of licensing resources and high quality dev resources).

• Like Like x 1
  19. karoliens

Discussion is about content and content only. Reiza doesn't try to be 2in1 as Dirt 4. Dirt 4 was broken regardless the content, arcade and sim modes were flawed therefore Dirt 4 as is irrelevant example in this case.

20. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I am talking about Content only. Only took Dirt 4 as an example that Reiza can't please 'Amateur' racing and people who solely want GT3 + popular tracks or so. It's either this or that. No inbetween. Unless I am taking it too much black & white. Reiza has to look into cars/series & tracks and find a good combination. As an example we have Aussie V8's, but only two tracks where they race at. They do not race in Europe nor S-America. I wil let Reiza surprise me which way they want to go. Love you, Reiza <3

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020