1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 July 2020 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Hmm, are you sure? rF2 and iRacing both have unique tracks + mainstream ones with GT3/GTLM cars etc. , it still works. I like the uniqueness of AMS content but still love racing on some of the mainstream tracks with "mainstream" cars like GT 3/4/LM. Why not have it the same game you enjoy.

Its in fact not black and white, you can absolutely do inbetween/or both and be successful.

You could actually argue that iRacing has the weirdest combination of content and types of racing and is the most successful of them all in terms of revenue.

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Ho do you know they are the most successful in terms of revenue? I highly doubt it. Large-volume titles like PC and PC 2 or the F1 series are making their devs rich. iRacing has a relatively small, but perhaps more loyal, following. AMS and rF2 are microscopic by comparison.

The question is how can Reiza not lose its core strengths or roots (hard core simulation, wide variety of vehicles, South American but quickly evolving to global span) AND gain mainstream customers to be able to continue to grow and prosper? You can see it happening...albeit a bit lumpy right now. They will never compete directly with iRacing or the deep-pocketed mass market dev/publishers.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

The thing is Reiza have good strong internal market, bigger than some European country, also counting that we (I'm Italian but born in SA) have a strong European root and the most fanatic fanatics in motorsport. There are new markets that many simulators don't cover, and it would be smart to continue on the South American road, especially because he is a South American developer.
    With ease, however, thanks

ps
    However open to modders would please everyone

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Honestly I don't understand why all this fuss. Reiza has found a very good balance between a relatively big number of South American tracks that are very interesting and now they are enlarging the roster to more known tracks which will appease some other customers and will also bring more money for future developments. I don't see why we want to steer the direction one way or the other. If someone don't like the mainstream tracks there are 20 other South American tracks plus their variants. Why one thing should kill the other?

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

No fuss and nobody wants to steer anything and I never said one thing should kill the other thing. Different people just have different interests. That's all ;)

6. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What you are missing from this table is the purchasing power of all the countries. In Argentina this game is many times cheaper than in Brazil and in Brazil it is cheaper than in the western world. One customer in Europe is worth like 2 in Brazil and 7 in Argentina.

Automobilista 2 ยท AppID: 1066890

AMS2 Prices:
    Euro territories: 36,99 euros
    Brazil: 19,21 euros
    Argentina: 5,13 euros

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Dolph

On a different note what do you all think the secret classic F1 car will be. At first I thought it would be the 1997 McLaren to complement the V10 Gen1 car, but that is not that special. Then I thought it would be the Tyrrell 6 wheeler, but I havent heared about the Tyrrell licence. Who even might hold it? Honda? Mercedes? BAT? Craig Pollock? Ken Tyrrells family?

Since they have the Brabham cars in game I am now thinking its the Brabham sucker car. What do you guys think?

Brabham BT46
    [​IMG]

8. Dolph

Never mind, it cant be the sucker car. Its gotta be a Macca then. Perhaps the 1997 McLaren with the extra brake pedal!?

McLaren Racing - The search for the extra pedal

Anyone up to using their clutch pedal as fiddle brake in the corner to brake steer?

Renato, did I guess the car and whats special about it?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Looking at this image I think the sim profesional pedals are a little over-kill:D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Dolph

Poor DC had to use 4 pedals :p

11. Ettore

It's the 1996 McLaren in the picture Reiza showed

12. Dolph

Which picture? I've missed it then.

13. Ettore

Page 1 of this thread...

14. Ettore

15. Dolph

I thought it was clear it was the Formula V10 Gen1 in the picture. Sure looks like the 1996 McLaren, but I am talking about the car they said they would keep under wraps.

16. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Agree with you about the picture, but with regards to your Brabham guess, the original post also mentions '4 cars in 2 classes'. Assuming those classes are ~1970 and ~1997, I expect the soon-to-be-revealed one to be appropriate to those. Personally I'm hoping for an appropriately orange McLaren, but will wait and see.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Dolph

The 1970 McLaren had a huge number of variants. One had fuel tanks outside the car on sides, if Im not mistaken. Some were with wings

• Like Like x 1
  18. arnaud67

arnaud67 New Member

Hello , silverstone yet released ?
    I see only Hockenheimring DLC on steam shop
    Thx

19. Ettore

Silverstone will release in next update. For now it's in the beta AMS2 only.

20. kodnin

kodnin Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Heads up @arnaud67, it's gooood!

• Like Like x 1