1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 v1.0.2.0 Released - Now updated to v1.0.2.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Nice vintage tyres :)

3.jpg

vintage and retros still understeer btw (on coast/off-throttle condition, it wasnt really a problem with tyres imo, seems like the wheel differentiation issue and geared LSD is fine)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I think Reiza should host it own servers or so. When steam is down we can't go MP. Or need some kind of ingame warning when maintenance is happening soon

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. mbayenh

mbayenh New Member AMS2 Club Member

Plus that! I just took the same picture about what seems to be an issue with texture. I also noticed that the suspension seems to be floating up a little bit.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

just having online session . Damn steam disconnect again same every wednesday:mad: 12.15

5. Marius H

Steam maintenance

6. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Excellent. :cool: Please consider up-grading the ICM in the future to have all the same options for on the fly strategies..

I really like the new list view. :cool: A little one. Please consider keeping in memory which view you prefer as it always reverts to the old view..

Some more feedback that can also be found here:- Ai | Artificial Intelligence

"I re-tested the same test up to 10 times as seen in post # 9 for Bathurst. This time with 100/60 and 100/100 settings and for multi class GTR Ultima, P1 & P2 and single class GTR Ultima. Although a little better the Ai were still misbehaving. Trading a lot of paint, driving up mountain straight on the grass, taking out braking boards and causing pile ups.."

Very happy.. :cool: Please consider allowing us to set less than 5 penalties to invoke a DT.. I would like to set a 3 strike policy..

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Try power and coast at 43/43 its not as bad imo. default p&c way too high
    Ethan ran the brabham at around 44 if I recall. similar traits

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Its going to make it worse mate :) lower number will be more understeer in coasting due to easier locking of the diff. And if Ethan ran it at this low a number and it was fine, it only shows that there is a problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

This would mean an extremely locked power diff and an extremely locked coast diff aswell. On power this could work well, but on coast setting, it should make the understeer under coasting worse, than even before.
    EDIT:
    Ninja @Shadak :D

10. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

I feel like medium turns are a bit better. But the slower ones are still very resistant to turn.

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

I wonder if it is depending on the race track? I did a multi class race (P1/P2/P3/P4) at Interlagos with AI setting of 90/50 and 30 cars on track. I didn't see any crashing or misbehavior of the AI.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Only minor ones - more to come.

Could you let us know what graphical setting you´re running to get the tyres like that please?

Vintages and Retros will always inherently understeer on turn-in to an extent, and more so on safe default setups - rear tyres not producing enough longitudinal slip however will generally cause the car to be lazier to rotate and snappier once traction finally breaks; a little more slip has the opposite effect. Addressing one component of this particular handling vice however doesn´t mean there isn´t more to it, and the fact there are others doesn´t mean this wasn´t one to be addressed - just what was covered in this update ;)

This info was missing from the release notes, but you may configure that yourself in the rules & regulations options to have as many or as little infractions allowed as you prefer.

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's good to read, you're still on it!
    I think, the most baffling thing about it is, that we get a totally transformed car (each one of them), when switching to the geared differential. (And i'm not even overexaggerating, the F-Retro class becomes even too prone to turn under coasting with it in various situations, also benefiting laptimes by a significant amount). It's almost fully comparable to AMS1, how it drives with geared D, instead of LSD, just with more sensitivity between states of coast and power torque. (Understandable)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

That is strange.. 5 is the minimum I can choose for a single custom event..

ie. <> 29, 30, 5, 6, 7..

Could it be because I have not deleted my documents/Automobilista 2 folder?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Marius H

I thought that Championship was finally done, but no, haha. Well, I am patient. Championship with the right tracks and regulations gonna be amazing. No fueling for Caterhams, Towing, all that. <3

I am happy with Silverstone, tho. Looks great and slick. Hoping for National version soon for the slower / amateur-classes.

Keep it up. Seeing good improvement. Just curious about the big update at the end of the month.

16. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Active Member

In your face West Brothers !

woow I didn't expect to see more Vintage cars so soon, and less to see two cars ! Excellent work, both cars (Brabham and Lotus) looks incredible, with very detailed parts, for me is like a dream come true. The new tyres/rims size looks great on the generic cars too (I'll post more details on the Vintage cars thread).

About the 75 version of the track, it looks incredible from the graphicall point of view and the colours when the sun shines makes you feel in those old days. From the racing point of view, when there are clouds isn't easy to distingish the track. I had that feeling and two others told me the same.

Tried the v10 Gen1 at the current Silverstone layout, and both looks amazing. The v10 felt really good, but I was 2 seconds of from the leader.

• Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Fantastic update as usual and the Silverstone DLC was an instabuy from yours truly - one of the few games I own where I'm 100% confident that the $ is funding timely and substantial changes and improvements to the software and not just more content. Racing the Sprint Cars (95/50) at Silverstone 2020 sums up all that's great about AMS2 even at this undoubtedly raw stage: beautiful looking, sounding, and handling cars on a really slick track (just missing some brake markers), with AI that raced the player and each other right from the start of the race and throughout.

Looking forward to the polish (particularly audio) that I know this game is going to get sooner rather than later. Well done Renato and the Reiza crew.

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

what happend to the safety rating stuff that was teased to be basically finished during beta already?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Nope you are correct, we set the wrong range :) will be sorted shortly.

• Like Like x 9
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

Really loved everything. The new V10's are great fun, and the new vintage models look absolutely incredible. They're a little easier to drive than their G1 counterparts... but thats probably a good thing.

Aside from tweaking the retro and vintage tire models, I think the only things I'd like to see are brake markers at Silverstone and some marking for the chicane... It's kind of odd, with penalties off you and everyone else can just drive Silverstone 75 in it's old layout and the game wouldnt know or care. Maybe that's intentional? Either way Im in love with the game so far.

• Agree Agree x 3