1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 v1.0.2.0 Released - Now updated to v1.0.2.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Dennis

Dennis Member AMS2 Club Member

Most definitely needs the distance markers for all the Silverstone layouts. I'm sure it's in the works, just a friendly nudge to Reiza developers :whistle:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, strange that they missed them and didn’t notice all the time while testing or didn’t fix with latest hotfix...

3. Mr. K

Mr. K Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, for me it makes driving almost impossible...I hope it will be fixed soon

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. kodnin

kodnin Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope it as well, but be honest, it's too big a stretch that it's (almost) impossible to drive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Pedro Miguel Pinto

Pedro Miguel Pinto New Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah maybe, tried now and it's fine!
    Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pedro Miguel Pinto

Pedro Miguel Pinto New Member AMS2 Club Member

The Combo was Ultima GTR @ Silverstone 2020.
    But tried today, couple minutes ago, and it's fine.

7. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

@Renato Simioni I bid you good afternoon, your Majesty. I find myself in great admiration of your Majesties tremendous craftmanship in AMS2. It is a fine and lovely work, clearly excellent workmanship. Truly a masters work, which is, of course, exactly why a grand and wonderful Developer such as yourself deserves all the gifts of the Gods. Clearly the Angles and Gods of this World smile down upon you. Appealing to your endless greatness and your unspeakable talents, I'm going down on my knees on the holy carpet of goodness and could only hope to some day being able to drive the Roco #82 on his Majesties created unmatchable race tracks. It is a truly fine car, upgraded and updated to the highest standards of the racing Gods and it would be in honor of the racing Gods to drive this astonishing vehicle.
    (was that to thick? Anyways.....moving on.... :rolleyes: )
    Your generous Majesty may already have the knowledge that the engine of the Roco #82 was upgraded from 1300cc to 1500cc, that the car received aerodynamic improvements and weight distribution was changed by repositioning components.
    Please, your Majesty, may we have this unbelievable astonishing vehicles for our personal pleasures?
    May the racing Gods be with you and your Family for all Eternity and beyond.

82.jpg

82-3.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

haha, @Micropitt have you been drinking mate?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Micropitt

Just coffee. But it did say "Maple Bourbon" flavor on the package. Does it show? :eek:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

10/10 for effort bud, I'll give it that :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

4bhzoa.jpg

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

does seem to be a few on here that like a good tipple! lol

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mr. K

I'm new to simracing, so yes it is very hard for me. It is just a personal experience, guess more experienced people will mind less.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

if you are new to sim racing, there are always some hard to drive cars in a game.
    I don't say, that one car is god/bad/inaccurate, but if every car in such a game would be easy to drive for a beginner then the sim is is not a sim, as most of us also would have problems IRL with some beasts. So i think if you want to get into that new genre, just try some cars that are easy to drive for you and make miles. Don't overdrive you vehicles, stay clean even if you are slow. Speed will gain with practice. Nobody is a master from start.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Micropitt

I would suggest starting with the P4 and P3 class. They are really easy to drive ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

AMS2 has all the ladder.

Start with karts (rental, them the 125)... watch some RL videos and get in the vibe. Karts are the best racing school, but so underrated among sim-players. After that, go to Formula Trainer, Formula Vee (if you are into retro)... F3 or Sprint Race... them Endurance P4... and on and on.

The easier car is not necessary the best to start if you are a simulation beginner, but those that forces you to drive right.

IMHO, the easier car on AMS2 is the Roco 001. All my newbie friends that came at my house and tried AMS2 liked it. But the AMS2 version is so forgiving that they get sloop before drive it right.

Even them... all cars at AMS2, with few exceptions, are very easy to drive (as they should be). But one thing is drive a car, other is drive it fast. All cars, as expected, tend to go full-hell-hound when pushed closer to their limits. If an AMS2 car still easy to drive is because we are going too easy with it. And there is where this game magic is.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Guys, he didn’t mean the cars are too difficult he meant it’s difficult to drive at Silverstone (flat airfield track) and find the right braking points without any braking markers, because Reiza forgot to implement them...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Micropitt

Yes and no, misunderstandings do happen.....but hear me out.... :cool:
    When I try to learn a new track I usually take a slower “easy” car because that way I can concentrate more on the track and can just cruise along. But I think we did misunderstand a little :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mr. K

Exactly, I'm doin fine for a beginner on the other tracks (as far as my skills go) but have a hard time without the braking markers. Guess they will be in in a future update. Apart from that it's a great game I think.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Micropitt

For your consideration.....I suggest learning a race track without looking at the number signs. Look for other natural things that you can use as marker for braking point. Why? Because soon you will encounter racing tracks that don't have those markers in real life, like the Nordschleife ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1