1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.2.5 Update Released - Now Updated to V1.0.2.7

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Active Member

This is a very nice feature I noticed since BT-26 was included, I never saw it automated before in another sim, it looks really good.

On the Vintage v12 cars, it seem that the red needle is always 1000 rpm ahead of the white needle.

2. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Just had/having 13 online with 2 ai . I q 3rd
    race starts, I am on grid then disqualified ???????? no reason.

3. gvse

gvse Active Member AMS2 Club Member

street car tires: much much better now! I only had little time to test them but the turn in at low speed is good, and I don't experience the previous dramatic loss of traction in higher rpm ranges.
    I thank you kindly for the update and for bringing a grin to my face :D

4. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree. I don't know when it has been updated but now the Advanced is a very nice and fun car (as it should).

The basic version is still dull and drives like if someone installed rear tires with twice the grip respect to the front ones. :(

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks you @Renato Simioni for the wonderful job! AMS2 is getting better at every step and the content shown in the development timeline is breath taking. I'm counting days till I can drive the 90s GT1 again. :)
    I really think soon enough AMS2 will be the center of attention of the simracing community as it (and you guys) deserve. :hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. taylajee

taylajee Active Member AMS2 Club Member

All the items listed under "GAMEPLAY" improves multiplayer. They are together very important. In fact, the aforementioned fixes addresses most major multiplayer problem.

7. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

Thank you, Reiza, for one more big update. The game is progressing well, and it is admirable how you are really hear the community regarding fixes and more features.

I joined a F-V10 multiplayer race at Hockenheim (modern version) and it was great fun. I liked the new full leaderboard.

@Renato Simioni , please, if possible, add an option to set a country flag near the driver name (that appears on track and on the leaderboard). It brings more life to multiplayer.

• Agree Agree x 7
  8. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Karts still broken...

9. Koala63

Koala63 Member

Exceeded permissible age range, perhaps?

Great update once again Reiza. Bravo!.

But please fix the VR hud customisation options.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

In the early 1990s most F1 cars still had a manual H-pattern gearbox, although you could probably upshift those without using the clutch, but it was definitely used on downshifts.

The first sequential paddle shifted cars were tested in 1990 and raced in 1991** (Ferrari & Williams), where no more clutch was needed to shift. The sequential gearboxes became more common the following years and were more or less standard in the mid 90s.

Foot pedal clutches were phased out towards the late 90s, with David Coulthard "famously" still using a clutch pedal in 1997, which led to him having four pedals in his McLaren ;) They were replaced by paddle clutches on the steering wheels, which are still used to this day. You need a clutch at least to start accelerating the car from a standstill in any F1 car even in 2020.

**Edit: Thanks to @deadly for reminding me of the Ferrari 640, which I keep forgetting somehow. So a correction: the first sequential gearbox was used by Ferrari in races through the 1989 season, so disregard what I wrote about the first sequential gearboxes above.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

After comparison between beta and main build, i got the impression, these changes aren't taking place in the main build. Could you confirm, that the F-Retro indeed has received its tweaks for it?

The Beta F-Retro is safer over bumps, more forgiving on countersteer, doesn't snap heavily under wheelspin at low speeds and not understeering under braking this crazy anymore. Also laptimes are a tad faster with the Beta cars.
    Either something is strange with my update, or i would almost say, there is a difference. :confused:

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I think this got missed, though would seem to be the appropriate diff for the Ultima and the Camaro. Or, maybe it was added in the physics, but the UI missed it.

As it stands now, the Ultima road car is unbelievably squirrelly unless you increase the pre-load dramatically. The Camaro's is set to 150 Nm. With even more torque and only about 60% of the weight, the Ultima's default is way to low, so I crank it up to the max of 200 so all that the torque from the accelerator pedal doesn't transmit so directly into the drive axles of the car! Calms it down nicely.

However, I don't think either of these cars has an adjustable race diff. They should be simple viscous LSDs with some appropriate pre-load baked-in and that's it.

13. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

This still happens in f3 cars too (maybe in other cars, haven't tested). Plus:

- still look back is not implemented by hitting left + right view in the same time
    - still seat position is not saved by car

Those small things still occur. For me these 3 things (especially the last one) are essential but not fixed yet

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The static steering wheel happens in a few cars.. I am sure the devs are aware of it..

Yeah seat saving position and controller save for multiple wheel rims would be very much welcomed..

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

We should NOT forget the ffb per car also..

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

Not just welcomed but badly needed imo.

• Agree Agree x 8
  17. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

And some buttons to adjust FFB live on track instead of having to pause.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Damned, everytime there is a big and wonderful update I'm on holiday!
    Have to wait till I'm back home on friday :(
    But I enjoy all the pictures and videos of the new car and can't expect to drive it on my own :)
    It looks wonderful, well done Reiza!

19. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Today, the cluth is controled by a paddle at the steering wheel, too. There's no foot pedal any more (I think about since 2000).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You must take a lot of holidays then.....

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2