1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.2.5 Update Released - Now Updated to V1.0.2.7

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 22, 2020.

1. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the work on the Montana, it's so much more enjoyable to drive now.

2. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Active Member

Yes, it's what logic indicates, but I wrote what a former Porsche 962 driver told me, he said that it was that it was more prominent the lack of cooling than the friction.

I think that this could be different depending if the brakes disk are carbon or iron, and all the other variables as brake pressure, pads surface, if the car have ducts or disks are exposed.

3. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

I just received another update, about 53MB. Any info on what was updated?

4. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Same here

5. kagurazakayukari

kagurazakayukari Member

The silverstone 2020 TV cam update I can only notice the difference from start to turn1 lap1(by recording replay v1025&v1027). Is the TV cam update supposed to work like that?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  6. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

I'm totally in agreement with you on the optimization , really think it's key . If more people can run this SIM on mid to low end hardware I'm sure the user base will benefit massively .
    Have to say overall I'm already really impressed with the optimization , definitely runs better for me than pcars 2 did on comparable settings . Great job Reiza , appreciate the hard work you have all put into the SIM and am certain it's going to be THE racing sim of the near future :hurrayreiza::D

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza, please add this to the opening post or users will not feel the benefit of the latest updates (if it is to remain relevant for future updates, also put the text in a prominent position in the release notes).

IMPORTANT: Please note that cars with relevant default setup changes (specially differential changes which most cars have had adjusted) requires you to reset your car setup to default in case any modifications were made to the previous default - to reset all setups (autosaved or not) you may opt to delete the contents of Documents\Automobilista 2\savegame\123456789\automobilista 2\tuningsetups folder (noting the bold number folder will vary from system to system); you do not however need to delete your entire user profile folder.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Occasionally when I read the change log I get a bit frustrated with how slowly some things get addressed, or how some items could have been addressed differently (in an ideal world). I know Reiza is a small team, but I love them and AMS (1 and 2) so much, I can get carried away. I then decided to read the change log for the latest ACC update as posted on RD: Assetto Corsa Competizione | New Hotfix Now Available

If you read this and look at the many similarities to recent AMS 2 change logs and then put it into the context of how long ACC has been on the market, it will remind you why Reiza holds a special place in the hearts of so many the sim racing community :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

Is tire wear working fine in all cars? I had a 8 laps race with the F309 yesterday and it seemed to me that tires had the same grip during all the race.

11. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The F309 uses hard tyres, no? They last a lot more than only 8 laps :D

However, I do question if the tyre wear is in fact working as intended. You can do infinite laps with the same tyres and they will not puncture at all.

Edit: let me append a question I posted on the beta forum: Has anybody tried the role of race director yet? What can you do with this role at the moment? Can you issue full course yellows?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

F3 cars run on rock hard tires... 8 laps are nothing...

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

Ah, nice to know. Thanks.

14. Pioss993

Pioss993 New Member

first of all good evening I would like to ask you a couple of things I bought motorist 2 and I am really delighted with this game but I would like some things to be implemented for example the brake discs that turn red when we brake then the damage to all the visual cars and other things you know if there will be updates about it ???

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Automobilista 2 August 2020 Development Update