1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.4.0 Update Released, now updated to v1.0.4.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 3, 2020.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

2. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

V1.0.4.1 is now up - this is a hotfix to complement last week´s release & fix various issues with the new content.

V1.0.4.1 CHANGELOG:

GENERAL
    • Fixed camera jittering when in low head movement slider values
    • Fixed Time Trial leaderboards for BMW M1 Procar

UI & HUD
    • Fixed hover activation states on new Championship screen
    • Fixed incorrect vehicle information for cars added in v1.0.4.0

PHYSICS & AI
    • Revised physics & fixed various issues in initial release of M1 Procar, Group A, Mini JCW, Mini Austin 1965 & Lotus 23
    • Adjusted Group A & Procar tyre tread
    • Increased engine rev band for Group A cars to avoid triggering overreving bug
    • Fixed default tyre selection errors for Lotus 23, Mini 1965, Mini 2020
    • Adjusted engine inertia for Group A cars, Mini JCW 2020, Lancer R & RS, Puma P052
    • Revised Lotus 23 suspension geometry & fixed tire diameter
    • Callibrated AI for new series

AUDIO
    • Fixed bug with news car sounds overwhelming system and cutting off certain effects

TRACKS
    • Imola: Fixed broken pit door collision for door 8,9,10 (garage 15-20); Max AI participants changed from 29 to 31
    • Adelaide: Minor art & performance pass
    • Azure: Added "cheatblock" to pit lane track cut mesh.
    • Bathurst: Attempted fix to floating groove in the Cutting
    • Cascavel: Minor Art Pass; Updated AI paths
    • Added VR Cams for Cascais & Jerez

VEHICLES
    • Lotus 23: various graphical updates & fxies
    • Mini JCW 2020: fixed bonnet issue; updated liveries(removed plates and fixed numbers font)
    • Ultima Race: added dirt / damage effects + Dangling damaged parts
    • Stock Car 2020: Update Cruze liveries; added new Windshield banner
    • Corrected onboard camera positions for Lotus 23, Mini Austin 1965 & Mini JCW 2020
    • F3 (F309) - Revised and updated liveries for the whole grid including 4 new community skins
    • Added MetalMoro AJR Dirt/Damage effects + Detachable parts (all versions)

• Like Like x 26
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

• Increased engine rev band for Group A cars to avoid triggering overreving bug
    Aha! That's why the rear always said goodbye :D

4. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Just a comment.
    Had 3 good online races in procar last night and despite some issues mentioned on forumwith the car, all players had a great race as far as I could tell. lobbies of 10-12 with 1 ai at 120/100. car is a blast!
    Thanks
    looking forward to faster ai tonight. With car getting better also
    No players had netcode issues with close racing, as confirmed in replays.
    Whoever Antivist is he's damned fast!!:)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

AI aren't any faster unfortunately :(

Group A certainly feel better now though.

Thanks for the update, looking forward to updated AI.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Maser V6

:(:(:(
    Shame.
    Interestingly at 120 with 100 aggression at Hock historic the 1 ai was fast but could only get through 1st chicane 2 out of seven laps. It would loose it. then slowly catch you back up.
    It worked its way back up from 6th to 2nd in 1 race

7. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

man you guys don't f@#k around.. :cool:

beer o'clock time...

• Like Like x 2
  8. Coanda

Yeah still slow.. I quickly tested the M1 at Bathurst and they were 2:29 at 100% and 2:22 at 120%. The current WR is 2:10..

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Maser V6

? what aggression level out of curiosity Shame there still way off
    Aggression @100 seems only way to go then for now, any less is worse.
    In mixed 3 classes they were slow on q and p and not so slow in race (last week)

10. Coanda

I think it was 80%..

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

I don't think aggression changes their pace, only their behaviour.
    They're far too slow off the line and out of corners to start with. Can pass half the field before T1 on a lot of tracks.
    I've only noticed that they're not so erratic in movement since this update, which is of course welcomed.

EDIT - They're actually raceable at 120 skill once they get going to be fair.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
  12. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

All the cars fixed in this update drive so much better now, including the Lancer and the Puma. Reiza finally hit the sweet spot with this update :).

• Like Like x 1
  13. Maser V6

Yep thats what I always thought.
    Up till 2 days ago I ran Aggr at 65 for weeks, but maxed at 100 in pro seemed to make a difference and the 1 yesterday caught up and retook positions from online players hence the recommendation. Till fixed, give it a try.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I know I repeat myself but please Reiza, give us VR support for canted displays like Pimax so that we can skip the FPS killing parallel projection!
    I get crazy that I can’t play my favourite racing sim at night or under rainy conditions even at low settings at fluid 72 FPS without reprojection (which makes me nauseous...).
    PLEASE!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Retested the Mini Cooper S 1965, some thoughts and observations:
    • Gear ratios dont match any of those available in the homologation papers and lack adjustability.
    • They were allowed to run an LSD so wondering if there should be some adjustability for that in setup?
    • Boost pressure needs greying out in setup.
    • Rear downforce needs greying out in setup.
    • 25, 50 & 60 ltr fuel tanks are listed in homologation papers.
    • Managed a 2:02.9 in a test day at period Silverstone, John Fitzpatrick did a 1:56 in the Team Broadspeed Austin Mini Cooper S 1300 in a 1965 touring car race at Silverstone.
    • There is a pop/snap sound in the audio
    • The cars ran a rear ARB in period and presumably today.
    • Car is a bit boring to drive IMO, too planted. No four wheel drifts like the real cars do. Other than the rear breaking loose if you let off the brakes too quickly or without some throttle it is very planted.
    Interesting links:
    BMC Competitions Department & Special Tuning
    http://www.cckhistoric.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/CCK-spring-2012-v3xxx.pdf

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Maser V6

Racing now AI did 2.16.329 in Q at Bathurst online
    Ai in second place Rastus on pole 19 players
    ai on 120/100
    Edit
    Offline single player 5x AI at max setting fastest AI did 2.19.589
    online at Maximum they are faster than offline
    V4.1

17. Daniel Escalona

Daniel Escalona Member

I just tested a lot of cars randomly, old and new and the bug is still there. You can notice how the engine sound is cutted off when driving through kerbs.
    Besides, many cars still have that popping sound from the engine sound loop (present since early access days), some being really annoying while playing with headphones, like the Caterhams or Sprinrace.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks very much for this update update. I have to say that I really feel for the Renato and the devs. It's obviously been a mammoth task porting their game over from the superannuated rF1 engine to the Madness engine, taking advantages of its numerous strengths, and trying to address/correct/work around its weaknesses. All while continuing to drop content to keep the $ flowing and the interest up, and being communicative and transparent about the whole process. I can't understand why some people (especially supposedly knowledgeable youtube "influencers") are so surprised and devastated that with such a punishing dev schedule there are bugs, consistency and polish issues in the title a few months on from release. This is Reiza for !@#$s sake, the guys whose timeline for substantial improvements and fixes runs to days/weeks, not months/years.

Anyway, the latest improvements are very welcome, particularly the sound fixes. At 100% the AI is still a bit underpowered in the Group A and M1, and slightly overpowered in the JCW, but at least I can properly hear what my car is doing when I'm outpacing them or failing to keep up :)

A special nod to the M1, I have to say that some magic combination of graphics/sound/handling and FFB just makes me feel like I'm a bloody driving god in that car, whether hotlapping or racing.

Thanks again guys.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

Thank you for the fix, the M1 Pro Car is definately going to end up one of my favourite sim cars once it’s complete. The tyre sound fix is much appreciated, the white noise or no sound in AI races has now gone BUT whenever you turn left, the tyre scrub sound coming through my right headphone is filled with crackling and audio popping. I can also slightly hear it in the ultima too but It’s nowhere near as bad as the M1. These comments are based on me playing in VR, via the Oculus SDK and using the Rift S.
    The AI for the M1 at 120% and 100% aggression, put in competitive lap times for me to race against, but man are they slow off the start at hockenheim 88. I have consistently gone from 9th to 1st into T1 and once starting from 11th, I managed to sneak 2nd place going into T1.
    They also seem to think they are jet fighter pilots when you get to the 2nd chicane on lap 1 at hockenheim 88. They fly all over the place going through / over it and they drive into me from behind too. First chicane they are well behaved, but come chicane 2 they crash and take flight every time on lap 1. I really love the M1, the FFB is awesome, the engine sounds are amazing and in VR the internals of the car are gorgeous!
    It’s a great car to hot lap in, but currently racing AI, I have to take my foot off the gas heavily after the green light and stay in 2nd gear going into T1, so that I stay in 9th place and can race AI, rather than take first place in T1 and in chicane 2, I can only pray that I don’t crash into the AI wreck a head of me, or I’m not catapulted off the track from the AI behind me.

20. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm really happy with AMS2, ok there is plenty of work still to do, but it's the most enjoyable racer on my Steam list right now so please keep up the good work chaps, it's very much appreciated :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1