1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.4.0 Update Released, now updated to v1.0.4.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This could be a @ss-hole question, but do we know what cars GT3 and GT4 are comming? Ist there a brazillian GT championsship?

2. Mike Ruby

Mike Ruby Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think they still haven't said anything officially, but from another post they put, it should be the Mercedes and BMW. And I suppose it will be the GT3 from Brazil.

They also said that it was possible that a third German brand could enter and took a photo in which the silhouette of a Porsche was seen in another post, but I doubt that we know anything until a few days before

• Like Like x 3
  3. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There are GT3 and GT4 cars running in the Brazilian Endurance Championship here. From what I can recall:

GT3 cars:
    Ferrari 488
    Porsche 911 GT3 R
    Mercedes AMG
    Lamborghini Huracàn

GT4 car:
    Mercedes AMG
    Ginetta G55
    McLaren 570S
    BMW M3 GTR (not exactly the same found in ACC, though)

My guess is that Reiza will want to better represent the rest of the endurance grid with at least some of these GT cars and it would be fantastic imo.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. Łukasz Łażewski

Łukasz Łażewski Member AMS2 Club Member

Wasn't there an Aston too?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. Muzzy

Muzzy Member AMS2 Club Member

I think one of the main reasons of GT3 popularity is the huge variety of cars.
    I hope Reiza manage to feature the full grid.

edit: i wouldn't hold my breath for the Ferrari, though.

7. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If the GT3 pack is anything like the historic touring car pack you will get a BMW GT3 and an LMP2 car :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Mike Ruby

I think that Reiza is going to try to do all the Endurance Brazil, since it is the only content that they lack to have the complete championship (I think), but I sincerely believe that that will come with time, for now I think they will launch the Mercedes and the BMW, and with good luck the Porsche.

I do not think they put the Ferrari or the Lamborghini, unless in this DLC, although the truth is that it would be a big surprise. Ferrari cannot be missing in any serious driving simulator.

I suppose they have also negotiated with McLaren to license the GT3, since they already have a car licensed with them, but this is just speculation.

I also think they have to announce another circuit before the end of the year, I don't know if they will have given any clues, but if I had to bet on one, I would say it will be Le Mans. Does anyone know if they said something?

Unfortunately we will have to wait ...

• Like Like x 2
  9. Darkmater

Darkmater Member

It would still be appreciated to get a mid month dev diary, since we didn’t get a September one. I appreciate the roadmap, but come here for the details and teasers.

10. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

no, nothing. especially since it wasnt planned. i would like Le Mans too.
    But it will most likely be Monza. its all the basic european circuits that are being covered, so it probably is Monza.

11. Mike Ruby

Hello, yes, Monza is my other option. But seeing that Reiza did a poll to see what users preferred and according to them, to be able to change their preferences, Le Mans was much more voted than Monza.

And the truth is that they are following quite well what people voted, although you always have to take into account licensing issues, production costs, etc. But my opinion is that with Le Mans they would take a big step forward, and a surprise to many

Raceroom users have been asking for Le Mans for years, so if Reiza does it, maybe a lot more people will win. By the way Le Mans is a European circuit too

But as I say we will have to wait ...

a greeting

12. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I love the Mini Challenge in 1.0.4 <3 FFB feels better as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Active Member AMS2 Club Member

We have Le Mans in iRacing and in rf2. It's honestly one of the least used tracks in either service. You'll get some guys in iRacing at times, but it's definitely not one of the more popular tracks out there.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

There are lots of great tracks all over the world. Some USA tracks are just great. And as a personal request Buenos aires as i AM-1

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. AndreiC

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

How I would love to have Croft and Thruxton in AMS 2 (even if not for this great purpose)!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. AndreiC

I'd love to see tracks like Road Atlanta, Road America and Daytona and something special like Bridgehampton but I do not think Reiza will focus on North America in the future.

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. AndreiC

Truxton would be great for close racing especially for vintage cars and modern slower classes :)

19. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

There's literally a DLC pack for 2021 called "Racin' USA".

Personally, I pray they don't try to wedge oval racing into this game and instead add US cars and tracks that match existing content, but it's fair to expect at least two North American circuits based on that description.

Whilst this is very unlikely. But, if you do like British GT content, you're in luck: Kunos and ACC are doing a licenced British GT DLC pack early next year.

I like having the option for Le Mans in games, but it's rarely a 'go to' as it's actually fairly dull to drive in a lot of cases IMO, because of the very long straights. I love the historic version in Project CARS2, especially with the 512s and 917s in that game, but fear that model will be lost to time. I especially think Le Mans would be a bit pointless in AMS2 as there's going to be very limited content to match it; I'd rather they focused on circuits that match a bit more of the content personally.

As per these hints, I think you may be in luck there:

I'm looking forward to that too - I've not driven it in a game for years.

From what Reiza have alluded to, there's a blog where they mention the BMW and Mercedes GT3s and GT4s and there's a pic of the old version (2016) of the Porsche 911 GT3R. My fear is that they're going to use the fairly poor PC2 models of the BMW and Mercedes and not the 2020 Evo versions.

In terms of numbers, Reiza have said we're only looking at 2-4 GT3 cars:

So open guesses on what a fourth one might be, but I would guess at McLaren (or even Ginetta) based on manufacturers we know Reiza have licenced other content from.

+1 to this

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

haha, I am asking BRCC/British championships for ages.

Focus on:
    • Brasil/S-America
    • UK/Ireland
    • Australia/Kiwi
    • Invitational tracks, like Spa, Nord, Hockenheim, etc.
    Ideally I would see career/championships focused on these countries. Then have invitationals, like trackdays, to race with historical/prototype/non-championship cars on modern tracks anyway on the planet or so. Finally somewhere there's a section where you can race oldtimers on historical tracks. A Throwback Thursday or so.