1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Time to put him in your ignore list, mate. It's not worth it. Report and move on. This thread will quickly return to the usual, peaceful and wholesome community work it has been so far.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Lanius1984

Lanius1984 New Member

A quick newbie question. I'm just installing the game and getting the custom files ready to go and I'm seeing quite a bit of variance in the in-game settings suggestions.

Usually with my G29 in other games I'm turning off (or at least right down) any canned effects etc, so it's strange to see the FX setting always so high - is this not the same as other games where it'll just make my G29 a baby's rattle toy?

Also, this post was the first that I've seen recommending the DP setting to be anything other than 0 when look at G29 specific settings... I see the custom file makes this setting control power steering, but what is this actually doing to the feel, and why do many others seem to have this set to 0?

3. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

FX here is things like road detail/curbs etc. , so its not artifical per se.

DP is powersteering yes, so its kind of reversed of damping. When you increase this, it evens out the low and top end of the torque applied. As an example, at 0 you will get 10% at 0 degrees steering and 100% torque at, say, 90 degrees. At powersteering slider 50, you will get 10% at 0 degrees still but only 50% at 90 degrees steering angle. (it might reduce the overall gain too so just increase the gain slider afterwards)

Basically reduces the top end torque, I use it on a DD wheel because some higher speed corners can get unrealistically heavy and for example a GT3/4 car has a fairly light steering IRL and the G forces during cornering arent that high, so it doesnt make sense to even subsitute it with FFB torque so much. Some people use 0 DP even on DD because they like the heavy feeling :) its all a personal taste tbh.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I can set FX to about 35-40 without inducing the dreaded "rattle" on my G29. It is important to get enough feel under braking and rear slippage.

5. Lanius1984

Lanius1984 New Member

That's really useful info, thanks. I prefer a bit heavier, even if that clips things a bit. With the G29 already being pretty weak I might start out at 0 here then.

Good to know - I'll have a play around, as I assume the specific custom file will have a pretty big impact on this setting too? I hate any rattle and much prefer a smoother feel.

6. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

FX slider in the last custom files is independant, so you can only play with that to your liking without worrying about other sliders adjusting the effects.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Rob Davies

Rob Davies Bobby Dazzler AMS2 Club Member

Hey Kuku - I agree with you, on my DD using 4.5 Ex2 (DD tune) I've noticed less dynamic range in the details post last AMS update... any chance you could point out what I might change to affect the 'core strength of master effects and key values' to restore the feeling please?

Many thanks in advance and thanks for yours and others continous work with this - I'm 'finally' a convert from default :)

Rob

8. TomP

TomP Active Member

@Lanius1984,
    as an alternative to the Karsten rFuktor file, you can try the one from my signature. I made it specifically for the g29.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

Nah you have to wake up a bit earlier in the morning to fool me. Yeah, spare it, custom force feedback 'genius'. I don't need to contribute - you must think the creator of the file(s) are super dumb. What you are doing is pedantic, OCD, whatever it may be. Its not nearly as helpful as you think it is. I think your wheel is on its way out.

Its only a t300.

I get the impression you hate the custom force feedback files. So do not hide behind that premise, that you're on some crusade or you're suddenly the martyr (and by your own mind more needed than ever). I am not buying it.

I am well aware of what the files are, their limitations and their good points. So no I am more inclined to disregard everything you are saying about that - this custom force feedback is your drug, you might want to ask why you care so much - but unless you are a disabled person or mentally deficient, you might want to stop making so many adjustments.

Its a contrivance this entire "scientific experiment" you believe you are running. Its got more to do with you having nothing of worth or merit on your world that you would devote so much time to doing this - what other payoff are you getting. We've studied these kinds of things and this obsession you have is not even helpful.

If you only cut back on your posts you would soon be able to listen. The post immediately below the one I originally made had settings in it. That post by Stakanov. Thats all you need. Use that file or version 2 with those settings and WAIT.

You are desperate - trying to 'eek' something out of the file which is simply not there. Just wait a little more. Every page has yet another one of your epiphany's but it may give some other people the chance to speak up.

__

I will contribute (again) actually. The main files there is barely anything wrong with them that a little bit more time won't iron out in normal accordance with how its always been. They feel good, they are not 'faulty' and don't need massive adjustments. I mean - lol fk me - because I could try day and night to feverishly and desperately adjust them like certain others but its not needed. The game actually happens to be more fun than ever - which is the purpose of a game.

This is not that fellows 'pet project'. Talk about jumping on a bandwagon. Thats an empty existence when fun can't be found in a game he bought to have fun in. If he was in a survey group, he would be asked to not provide a survey since his standard deviation is too far removed. I am happy for him to contribute like anyone - but yeah, cleanse the expectation. There is no magic wand, no magic number so stop trying to give the other forum members you can do what the creators are working toward. Newsflash - they drive the same game/cars.

T300 will soon be obsolete. There is an upgrade period in bound for the niche.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 8
  10. Raceracerace

But you never seem to ignore me, since deep down, while this is slightly against the grain, you know I am right. And trust me I would rather be happy than right, but some are absolutely misrepresenting this game and this file. Its got to stop, as they hinder the progress with the nit picking nonsense.

What would add enormous value for the fellow is actually to purchase himself a new DD wheel from fanatec with the power pack.

Do you know how many come here looking for this custom file, from youtube etc, and they arrive here and go 'wtf' why is this dude saying this file is bad?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Please don’t bring your sh!t to this thread. It’s been trundling along quite nicely with everyone being very helpful to each other.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Raceracerace

Its not. Its turning away adopters. Thats not my sheeott, thats yours for being an enabler, and his because his life is so bereft of meaning he needs to find it in other people's projects. All he is doing, for months on end, is tarnishing a project. From the outside it looks rank. When the truth is 9/10 files have been amazing.

What he has been doing is saying that ONLY .05/10 of the files have been good.

Its the worst spin in the world, and also, I would appreciate it if you did not type cast me as a nasty bad person because he can't enjoy whatever narrow, small thing this is in the grand scheme of things.

If he is involved and by law of allowing everyone to be involved, then he is running his agenda on those files and its almost 100% negative.

lol - are we playing different games?

SO, please, don't tell me I am talking sheeeot. When we both know his is what stinks.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Welcome to my ignore list. Population: you

@Dave Stephenson: I second the call to ban this troll. He writes walls of text that may as well be Lorem ipsum (it’s quite comical to think that he thinks anyone could be bothered to read his incoherent ramblings) and he’s pretty abusive to other forum members.

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Can you maybe take this to PM? In the last post all you do is attack each others personalities, if you have anything to say about the custom file and its technical aspect, please share it by all means. I dont think Kuku was being disrespectful or anything though. You dont need to go on and on about the same thing here anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Raceracerace

He can ban me.

It will not change the direction of the project or anything. I could literally still use the forum as I see fit, this is a tool not an identity, in fact I wouldn't even be saying this without a firm reason. So if this is the result, then it has been worth it.

The trouble is, Fizzy, I know I am talking reason. But its no skin off my bone if you don't want to listen, if a ban is imminent or anything.

You guys think you are doing a great thing, but the actual thing is, this site serves yourself and not reiza so much. Its just a big circle jerk.

I only speak up about stuff when it matters and if this didn't matter I wouldnt be saying it.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Mr. RaceRaceRace, ByeByeBye.

Ignore Status Engaged.;)

17. Raceracerace

Just another one. If it doens't conform with your world view, I guess I don't want to spook or shock you out of your delusion.

I'll get me into your eyes if I wanted to one way or another.

If this is some experiment of scientific kind of thing, then its got some bad inputs. There's nothing wrong with the files that it requires this level of circle jerking over.

I'll leave it up to you lot. I guess by page 300 you'll have lead the file creator round in circles enough.

Its not the point I continue on here anyway - just by hearing what I said, the kuku fellow and others will in future be putting in far better and healthy contributions. So what - you didn't want to hear it in your safe space.

Thats ok. Like I said, I have probably already altered his course for the better with the intervention.

This is no different to the controller people - just what is to be expected. Any other title and you wait months for updates - I see all that as trying to take advantage of the developer.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow, I thought this section of the Forum was free of BS. Disappointing to see such crude attitudes.

19. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Thread Kaczynski strikes again, seems he found another thread to bomb...

20. Raceracerace

Its not crude - but it is a sensitive topic. This is simply not a project that needs endless nuance.

I am pretty happy with the title as it is with the custom file as it is. Why is 1 guy out of 1000, just say, not?

Thats what I had to ask myself. And I think its worse to leave things how they were than to have had this disussion.

Think better of the file. And maybe buy a new and better wheel.

Its not thread bombing. You guys can relax about the freaking title you know. It doesn't require the level of circle jerking that was happening last year.

Some are simply too attached to the way things were.

Reiza just need content and continued foundational work, some marketing or equivalent; and positivity and belief in the product being good from people, even if its as low as being on a forum.

THATS why something needed to be said.

The only other thing I would do (file is fine enough) is add the custom file 4.5 to the custom-default in the game.

Thats the way forward... it doesn't need me or anyone to jump up and down, circle-toss each other about altering a little value here or there, it doesn't need wonderment or questions, or waiting, it should actually just be done.

At the point of sale people need certainty and this would go a long way. Some think they're not just another f-ing sheep in the herd - but they really are. We can do without all the conjecture over how the file is meant to be lousy and in constant need of fine adjustment. Thats negativity and discouraging uptake.

>>>> this is what you need on lesser wheels.

Stakanov said:
    LogitechHUB: Last version with default setting 900° and sensitivity to 50

IN GAME: 900° All deadzone to 0 and sensitivity to 50 except the throttle on 30

FILE FFB:
    NAME: Silver Raw - rFuktor 4.5 Exp4 - Momentum Rack 6.1 - Tuned by Stakanov for LowEnd Wheels and Logitech (G920 and G923/G29/G27/G25/DFGT) (Date 06/06/2021)

In game setting select "Custom" with this starting value for Logitech:
    GAIN 90* [myself I actually use 95 and default control panel] - LFB 80 - FX 65 - DP (PowerSteering) 80.
    *Then, in the car setting, use +/- % of Gain for car to taste!!!

Those settings, and with the 4.5 exp 1 (not the others imo but one may try) if you have a belt thats what you need to be doing.

The rest - is bullsheiot

Because the game is wow

• Dislike Dislike x 4