1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I think provided videos last time.. A little tired matey so maybe tomorrow if I get time..

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Thanks, I made a few in week, prior to last drop here on main but will retest from scratch repeat test.
    500+bhp even with transmission loss, diff fiddling etc. wet /drying or even dry track, I expect RL cars to be more lively /challenge be it gt3, gte. In gte esp Porsche when all settings are off.
    Hey ho have fun in the meantime theres a lot to like:D:D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Coanda

for sure.. :cool:

4. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Opening up the diff helps a little, but the donuts are mainly of the one-tyre fire -variety.

But it's not just that "TC is stuck on". I am at least 3 seconds faster at Spa than before, that does not happen if it's just TC being on. The tyres have changed a lot.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

@Sunscreen
    Maybe we missunderstood each other,sorry if caused by me.
    I'm no car physics expert so i asked myself if the Mclaren could do donuts.
    I leave that questions to the experts here like Maser,Coanda and Crimson.
    That's what i meant with "not out of interest".:)
    2. To delete the whole folder could solve some strange behavior of the software,if it is gone,all good and cost you 5 minutes to set it up again.Also checking the file integration of Steam.Many users don't do it or forgot it ,also Betatesters.(Incl.me) That's why i asked that first.

IMOH the GT3's are now too easy to drive,why is the question.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

My fault entirely. I was obviously having a 'funny five'.. Apologies are mine entirely.

I'll possibly try that with the folder. It may be wise in my case as its had so much tinkering with the sharpness etc that a clean up may well be a good thing :)

I think youve nailed it with the 'why'.. Im quite curious about that from an amateurish technical interest viewpoint.

• Like Like x 2
  7. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can someone confirm that it works? Changed it to 'units' but still had steps.

8. Coanda

it works for me..

9. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

I had bad FPS on some tracks (Long Beach) for example in the Beta and then deleted the folder voila - back to what i had before.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Maser V6

.(thanks for the thought )There are many here + Devs,and in beta better Qualified than myself! and some with track experience, so no expert, but 40yrs in in trade from apprentice to teaching, 45 driving, I do and will question some aspects of car behavior as we all should!..
    .I will/have interviewed Racing drivers for their feedback for specific car class in ams 2. We did secure an interview last year with RL GT3 Nords expert Fabian Schiller pro driver and sim racer who sadly at the last minute had other commitments inc racing! Some of the questions I had for him arose from the GT3 car AMG handling tc/abs and his usage. First driver was ethan Shippert re Retro /vintage class cars there is a thread for the class with his thoughts from RL

The subject (TC) is 1 of so many that come up/stay for a long time and much is discussed demostrated adjusted checked etc. The fact that a number of post have arose around the subject again recently may well indicate that more investigation is req. so reports/post from all is valid and required. Sometimes its just a case of sim/pc/rig setup that can form differing opinions, sometimes its a software thing or other. I must say that the Devs here req much credit as they listen to all, unlike some others perhaps.
    We have imo been somewhat spoilt for choice:) in the amount of enjoyment to be had in ams2 esp latest update that improve so many cars:D

Indeed!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Romeo Foxtrot

Romeo Foxtrot Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Units = steps; Rates = actual values.

12. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

I really hope that they improve the fps and the quality of the replay cameras, make it more realistic, put the camera in places that the real one are normally and not a zoomed camera in the car all the time and they need to improve the shutter speed to remove the ghosting in some tracks and cameras, the replay AC and acc are pretty good. this is important as it shows the games strengths and weakness, no grass texture during replays from distant cameras, still flickering in shadows, texture could have an ultra setting for those with lots of VRAM available. shadow distance could have a slider in game to adjust the drawing distance, dust particles when of the track could improve, the grass could be a little more realistic and cast shadows. many graphical improvements can be made, cars reflection are a little exaggerated too in my opinion.
    Don't get me wrong, I love the game and the reason I complain is that I know THAT reiza can improve all this issues or aspects of the game as they are a bunch of talented deva and hard workers.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Maser V6

Hi D. Just did quick test of GTEs and AMG GT3 Current build 2/0/5/1697

With the game setting to off as in pic it is possible to wheel spin all the 3 GTE and the AMG gt3 car from the start on wet track also dougnouts though thats not my thing. this is irrespective of 0 to 10 setting in pits. which seems to make no difference, as expected give the off setting
    (as game setting is off this pit setting 0-10 would be better be greyed out]

With the setting to Full then med ,low or high as in pics TC and ABS will work and be scalable from pits 0 to 10 [ensure stability is off]
    TC is felt and seen as the car tries to break away and is prevented Unpleasant to me. would be less so on med or low.
    For me Off Best and these cars still have very high grip esp with aero and more speed, + tyre changes etc
    So glad to say now this end all seems to work.:). For the tested and setting of these cars

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
  14. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

Yep cool. The setups do come alive. They discovered new things in the physics. Wait till they do further things and jump on gt1's instead. Play with the 3rd spring. Give the rear less downforce and add one to rear ARB with the corvette.

If they discovered things and made changes then the rest can't stay the same can it. In gameplay just turn up ai a fraction, in a GT3 and race it harder. Lower power and or coast in some cars so other forces overcome turning and suspension squats down. Can get some really aggressive planted driving.

15. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Combo surprise:
    Ultima@LongBeach

• Like Like x 3
  16. Coanda

nice one! the race version is a track killer.. I'd love to have a drive of one in real life. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  17. ray64040

ray64040 Member AMS2 Club Member

custom race.jpg opponent.jpg gameplay.jpg tyres.jpg suspension.jpg drivetrain.jpg
    Did another test with the GT3 McLaren @ Bathurst. This time a custom race with default race settings. I started with the default setup then decreased the rake, lowered the rear wing and set both TC and ABS to 1. I could tell there was less intervention with the lower settings but it's pretty subtle.

You can still drive ham fisted with little worry of brake lock up when the track is fairly level and the rear barely tries to step out. It's also quite easy to pass with two wheels in the grass.

Apologies for the video quality. The capture looks much better, so I guess I didn't do something to YT's liking.

GT3 McLaren @ Bathurst - YouTube

18. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is this a bug? Shouldn’t driving aids „off“ be the same as on but setting the TC and ABS to „0“?
    Or did I understand your post wrong?

19. Manohy

Manohy Member

Just had a special day yesterday.
    I tested the Gt4 and was not convinced.
    I took the time to compare them with the one in the other sim.
    Read the latest discussions in this thread coupled with 1 year of community reaction
    Read some testimony with people driving GT4 in real life.
    So something popped up in my mind about AMS2. A pattern is drawing but it has to be verified for final conclusions.

Facts 1:
    Brazilian modern stock cars = complaining players
    Brazilian old Stock cars = complaining players
    Gt4= complaining players
    Kart= complaining players
    GT3= complaining players
    Cup cars= complaining players
    etc.
    Complains range from a bouncy back and too much grip issues that even passed through the revolutionary v1.2 barrier. Anyway those are enjoyable for those who accept to go live in a place called Setupmanialand...Gt3 seems to be a middle ground for AMS2 that's why the cars are ranging from moderately good to average.

Facts 2:
    Inversely
    F1= universally praised
    Open wheels=universally praised
    Dpi= universally praised
    Gt1= universally praised
    GTE=universally praised
    P1,P2,P3=universally praised
    Those are mostly good out of the box so no need to go to Setupmanialand.

My question is, is AMS2 struggling with low downforce cars? Is it an ultimate limitation of Madness Engine? As it wasn't the case with AMS1. Personally I don't care because I plan to use AMS2 as a US sim because GTE cars and beyond are very good and Indycar could be great also. So I will use the best of it. I just hope it will able to provide enough US tracks to allow us to start full season championships. Pretty sure the US part 2 DLC will confirm that already.

I'm just bringing this to the table because some people seems to struggle with those low downforce cars and are waiting for fix since the release day. Unfortunately if it's a limitation there is a chance that those fix never happen and they may face deep disappointment and even may become haters. The v1.2 should have solved those issue
    once and for all. Making this clear may help us boost the growth of AMS2 in the future and avoid potential new users disappointment.
    Yes no sim is perfect, NOT A SINGLE ONE. People can understand that if it's said honestly and explicitly. The best way to sell something is telling the customers the + and - and it's up to them to decide with well guided expectations.

20. Maser V6

@Mike1304
    Is this a bug? Shouldn’t driving aids „off“ be the same as on but setting the TC and ABS to „0“?
    Or did I understand your post wrong?

Yes "off" should be same as "on" with both set to zero (0 TC ABS) that is what I found working.
    So ran the other GT3
    @ray64040
    You can still drive ham fisted
    Agreed in Mc +prsc

Just ran some early quickies. Ref GT3
    Yes just tried it, so is porsche

Yes AMG GT3 yesterday and this morning BMW and Merc AMG gt3 can be a blast with all off.

NO Car will not wheelspin away. manual or auto clutch, difficult to over cook it compare to merc and bmw same settings,

Agreed Here for Mclaren and Porsche
    Seems the settings off or 0 TC wise have a greater effect in bmw, merc

No I can't this end.

AMG and Bmw seem more alive and what I would expect with no tc though still grippy given the power applied in 1st 2nd gear with little downforce.
    Mc and Porsche seem extremely grippy as ever with no TC and rather imo dull.
    Ie BMW and AMG you can overcook it at T1 Nurbourgring GP just by too much gas seem the other 2 just wont.
    Maybe there is a vid with Tiff Needel driving these things with TC off. He hates all that wizardy and always turned it off in test drivesl
    Point and shoot GT3 RL safe racing cars, Out of these I would pick the AMG and BMW just because they will come alive a little. Still questionable as to how much real cars would handle with all off.
    Edit seems also to be big topic/discussion not just here, and class of car.:)

Now thats is a great car, reqs lots of proper application of gas and brakes. love it.

• Like Like x 3