1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Hank Madison

Hank Madison New Member

I’ve enjoyed ACC for quite some time and based on what I read on the ACC forums I’m not sure where this idea originates. The ACC community is quick to point out the areas that need improvement.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

You are completely right. And I also wrote that as a comment.

3. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

I couldn't resist sorry :p
    Until you know him personally to say that he is just another "seller", selling his image for money and visibility.
    Every YTber plays the "genuine" role, some are successful some not...
    Being on the same engine as PC2 doesn't help but even ACC isn't bug free or being wrong (physics/graphics)...
    Main difference is how much money rotate around them or behind them...it is easy to be YTbers' God if you have SRO license and coverage...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Split Second

Maybe it is because I don't come to the ACC forum. And the people who I follow on youtube constantly praise ACC as the best thing ever. Add that I got the Project Cars 2 sim and maybe that's why I perceive such a cocktail.

5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Please resist a bit more! :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. CrimsonEminence

So you see, that you have a distorted view on the things. (Sounds more harsh, than it should :D )
    This is not a good base to discuss things. Again here the factor of not having played the game.(And on the other side not visited the Kunos Forum, so not seeing, that they also have their issues and their communication and game fixing going on)

I know, it's banging again on this spot, but it is just not helping the conversation unfortunately. And don't get me wrong here, discussing this with you isn't either annoying, toxic or everything comparable to me at least, so don't think, you're not welcome to.
    It's even good to also see an outsider perspective here to see, what the YT bubble might do to the overall perception of a game, but it is just not possible to have a well founded perspective to discuss it properly when it comes to physics, for example. :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Hank Madison

Hank Madison New Member

It’s a reminder that the experience is unique to every individual regardless of what folks say with their bullhorns. I’m grateful that we live in a time when there are options and developers working their butts off to make their sim the best it can be for those that appreciate their product most.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Split Second

I agree completely. That's why I also don't try to say something of the physics anymore. In the way that I think they are wrong or right or whatever. Or how it should be. If I have not played it I cannot really judge. That also became clear when I saw the video (all his videos are great imo) from Billy blaze for the bounciness and the difference between gameplay and replay. So no I am not judging the physics myself. I hope that is clear. And yeah you are right on all the points.
    Just you know I know that I am a very strange person, especially here :). I don't really know why I care and don't have it. I cannot explain it myself. So sorry if I annoy people. I cannot place it myself.

• Like Like x 2
  9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

From bouncy castle to too floaty :confused: Reiza just can win with this community! I hope they don't loose hope :eek:
    So many channels trying to profit on bashing AMS2!

10. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The reason I gather people think the cars feel floaty are because the tires and load dynamics are coming through the FFB in an unfamiliar way. You can have a simplified physics package and simplified tire model where this info is crafted and spoon fed to the user in a way that is straightforward and makes sense...often confused as realistic. Or you can have actual (arguably too much) suspension dynamics at play and this info is passed along the the user, hell or high water. AMS2 is in the second category.

Where people over generalize in criticizing AMS2 in this regard is largely due to a very grippy user friendly tire model, overly soft rear suspension (so people can drive high performance racing machines with throttle confidence in their living room), default setups that by nature can only be ok at everything but not good at anything, and in some cases, car and tire parameter modeling that are "best guesses for now" and subject for further revision.

One of my biggest criticisms of commenters and forum posters is the inference that because they found a particular issue, that particular issue "proves the game is broken" and therefore it is unfixable. This is naïve and untrue.

I absolutely and unabashedly love AMS2 because I love the way I tailored my FFB to give me the information I need. The edge of grip feel (and trying my best to keep it there) is a superb way for me to know where I need the car to be and where its limits are. The loading and unloading forces of the car help me understand the car and what is happening underneath me, teaching me new driving techniques and forcing me away from bad habits. The tire temperature dynamics are what I would expect for a sim to be. (this has gotten lost in sim racing, and its sad. ) And last but not least, when I think I can improve the car mechanics using REAL LIFE principles, the cars respond exactly how they are supposed to so I can find a middle ground between my driving comfort zone and the car itself.

Is the UI simplistic and sometimes buggy, yes. Does the grass feel like ice, yes. Does the AI do some things I don't like, yes. Are the tire models on some cars perhaps too grippy when fresh and at optimal temp, yes. In short, do I have issues with AMS2, yes.

But these are far overshadowed by my enjoyment o AND I trust many of the people in this community and Reiza to keep working on improving all of the other aspects.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. 2ndLastJedi

I love AMS2 but its the audio crackles for me :oops: hands down my biggest dislike.

But i just tried the McLaren GT3.... :eek: o_O Don't let those YT'ers try it :whistle:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. CrimsonEminence

An anecdotal example of another "simulation game": (please ignore this wall of text...i really recommend to ignore it but it's a story of why the user also can be a factor :D)

I was playing PES 2021 right now with Master League Mode and was leading 3:0, then doing substitutions for the second half of a match against an inferior opponent (also one substitution on the defensive mid field position). What i didn't know is, that my DMF player is an offensive type of player, often leaving his position to support offensive.

I was getting 2 opposing goals and it was 3:2 now after one attack through my open mid field and one goalie mistake.

I actually didn't notice, that i have placed an offensive player, that is still playing on a more defensive position into my defensive "setup" and i was outrageous and complaining the whole time to myself "this game is rigged, it's scripted momentum, how could this be possible, this is BS, tactics broken" until i noticed, this player was several times acting with the other offensive players in the offensive action by nature.

Welp lol....i actually F-ed my "setup" here and almost lost a match because i didn't knew my set of "equipment" and blamed the game for it.

Normally when i see Let's Players do such kind of stuff it really triggers me, but i was actually doing such a thing by myself right now...well surprise...sometimes it's our expectations and own narrow view on some things without knowing all the coherences, leading to some unexpected outcomes. So also always listen to details.:)

(Monza(me) vs. Lecce btw.)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Split Second

I speak for my experience about floatiness. And that is in regards to Project Cars 2. I didn't play it with a steering wheel but an xbox one controller.
    I think it was the RUF. It was so so floaty. It had nothing to do with the rumbling I felt on the controler or such. It just felt very floaty. When you put an input left or right it always drifted like it was floating through the air. It never felt connected to the road. I tried everything in the setup to correct it. I think I created extreme toe-in and this corrected it very very slightly. So I am curious what they are talking about with this floatiness. Maybe it has nothing to do with the ffb. But how the car behaves with inputs and how it drifts from side to side. It is very hard to explain.
    The opposite I had with a Lotus F1 car that was so direct and easy that it felt arcade. I drove on Hockenheim and I only needed to push left or right and the grip was just insane at any speed like a very unrealistic arcade game.
    That is maybe the problem. Maybe people are not talking about the same thing and it is hard to explain. Just to remind you that was with Project Cars 2. I am not saying it is the same in AMS2 because I haven't played it. I am saying that we need to try to find out what people are exactly talking about. That's why videos are very important in my view to communicate something and point something out when someone complains about something (you saw that also with your spinning videos).
    The same with the bounciness. I think that some are talking about the bouncing you see when you are in third-person view, some are talking about the bouncing of the camera that is very different than ACC and some are talking about the bouncing in the physics (which I think most people felt for the Porsche Cup). The problem is that it all gets piled in one group. I think we need better and more accurate feedback to pinpoint what are real issues and which are choices by the developer. Otherwise, it all becomes a mess I think.

14. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

I use an external high quality usb device (for my recording purpose), and is there, and i stick with that, for lazyness i suppose, and no problem at all..

15. 2ndLastJedi

I dont understand, are you saying "is there" or "no problem"?
    I just did a GTE RSR test to try eliminate another annoying static sound that is coming from the tyre squeal (the new sounds) and it is coming only when helmet view is used!! I turned down all sliders to 20 and adjusted them until i found the tyre slider in helmet view to be this issue for the tyre static sound!! Pretty well eliminated when switched to cockpit view without helmet cam.

This does not work for the BMW GT3 pop crackle that happens when touching the throttle just a tiny bit or when just holding the revs evenly !! This is a whole different problem that plagues many cars and drives me crazy! Dom knows this issue but seems unable to solve it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Beccobunsen

Is there, the usb interface, i dont switch to internal audio when gaming.., and i dont have mayor problem with the sound, time to time some crackles is audible..

17. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Some cars in AMS2 are indeed "floaty" and driving unprecisely and with a bad suspension model, particularly Porsche Carrera Cup and the GT4 Cayman. Thats hard to deny. Everyone who ever just drove a few hundred meters in a Porsche know what I mean. All of them in game also feature a strage tendency to sport a much to easy and predictable cornering oversteer at mid corner braking, even on Slicks in the wet.

18. Beccobunsen

and whe cant ignore the street car..., and my beloved sprintcar is doomed with the last patch (poor baby)

19. 2ndLastJedi

It isnt a USB issue, i tried swapping straight to 3.5mm jack with no change.

20. Beccobunsen

I have not explained myself well, the external card has a whole other high quality audio processor

• Like Like x 1