1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.1.1 & Racin´ USA Pt2 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.2.0

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 3, 2021.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it a known issue that your nationally flag does not display in race session screens?

2. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It is very difficult indeed, especially given the plethora of track+car+weather+car setup. People seem to underestimate that...

AI is never going to be as good as multiplayer racing in an organized league (hence why I believe MP development is far more important than SP, even though people will chime in saying for them MP is irrelevant and SP is all they do). Or at least AI development will take many many years before coming even close to that level.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd love to have some grassroots content and more short tracks but stockcars would have the greatest international appeal (and a separate grassroots DLC would be ideal). PC1 had the Caper Monterey (fun car) and PC2 has the 2016 Ford Fusion. NR2003 is considered one of the best NASCAR games ever, so that would be the ideal target for AMS2 (regardless of the year of car and number of tracks, if they nail it, it'll be successful, especially with the AI personalities/renaming, etc.).

I'm still hoping for another season pass but with so much content still to be released it's probably a bit too early for that discussion.

• Like Like x 1
  4. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Automobilista 2 2020-2022 Season Pass on Steam

According to the Steam store page there's still one more premium track, the remaining Racin' USA content, Brazilian Grand Prix Legends, Historical Track Pack, Street Supercars, and Adrenaline Pack. So there's still a good amount of content before we can think about another season pass.
    If sales are good I wouldn't mind having more DLCs after the contents of the current season pass are released, personally I'd be interested in more tracks.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Dennis

Dennis Member AMS2 Club Member

Aggression slider doesn't seem to have any effect. I like realistic AI but not an entire field full of ridiculous Verstappens!

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
  6. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It has been reported in the bug report thread that the wrong flag shows up in the Qualifying results and Race results. If you by "does not display" mean some other error, then you should report it in the bug report thread.

7. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Has anyone tested a wet track with the Cart cars yet? Anyone know of the tires are working properly now?

8. Dylan Hale

The thing is, nothing on the current list of DLC's are going to rival racing USA in terms of size and scope. Remember, this was all supposed to come out as one enormous pack, parts 1, 2, and yet to be released 3.

So all of these packs have some pretty big shoes to fill IMO. So let's go through the still to be released packs and brainstorm what they might be.
    -Brazilian GP Legends- obviously this will have a selection of F1 cars that slot into the current classes we have now. However, back when AMS2 was in beta, I remember someone talking about a career mode that took you though the life and historical achievements of Ayrton Senna. I assume if there's any truth to that rumor, it would come in this pack.
    -Historical track pack. Every track that has a "2020" will likely get a older version, which will be pretty cool and make AMS 2 the historic racers choice!
    -Street Supercars. Probably my least favorite of the DLC packs, considering we know nothing other than it contains 1 brand exclusively Street cars.
    -Adrenaline pack. "Extreme motorsports" whatever that means. I doubt you can get much more extreme than the racing Semi trucks. Although I would say potential tracks and cars are pretty wide open.

9. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Since I expect Reiza to work on AMS2 for a loooooong time, I would expect more content after all the planned DLC are done.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  10. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

I'd argue not much else of the DLC HAS to rival R-USA in that regard, I mean the whole thing costs about £30 which is nearly equal to the game, and assuming that the other contents will cost 10.99 like the seperate R-USAs or less (like the premium track cost of 7.99) we will probably see smaller DLCs with less content. I do have a feeling that the Historic pack will be pricier and, if the Senna career thing is planned, the Brazil pack too, but the current pricing scheme we have is probably a good assumption on the amount of content we'll get per DLC

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

How many sims do you know that have AI and work always without problems?

12. Darkmater

Darkmater Member

i would love for them to take a longer 10 year view for the platform, where they continue to evolve it like rfactor2, raceroom and iracing. Keep enhancing it and adding more content packs over the lifespan. Treat it like it was being published by paradox interactive with a really long tail. Since they have full control over the madness engine they can keep pushing it further and further in my view. I would love era focused packs in the future. Like a greatest hits of the 70s, 80s and 90s focused on rounding out current series and adding new ones like can-am *hint *hint.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. EmilG

EmilG Member AMS2 Club Member

RaceRoom

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  14. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

I think every sim has AI problems to be fair: iRacing only has it for a select amount of content, AC's contact physics send you spinning off if you touch another AI, rF2 has massive issues with the flag system, and AMS2 is overagressive
    AI is something that's nigh impossible to get right so these quirks are something of an inevitability :(

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

Actually I'm kind of hoping that they take a step back after the first of the year as reassess some of their plans. I buy individual packs as opposed to the season pass--I'd be much more interested in them more fully rounding out existing content sets that continuing forward with the whole sampler platter approach.

Speaking for myself at least, what I'd be most interested in after R-USA part 3 is a "USA Expansion pack" that rounds out endurance racing (Sebring, Road Atlanta) and CART (Mid Ohio, Portland).

Build out the F1 with pack of non-European tracks current and past (think Mexico City).

These are parts of sim racing the Reiza owns--I wish they'd build on that rather than having more scattered content that generates some excitement and then get left behind for the next shiny object.

Not sure how that would work vis-a-vis the season pass--just thinking about content that I'd really like to pull out my credit card for.

• Like Like x 1
  16. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Brazilian GP Legends - I agree, this is where a unique single player career will come from (maybe they also add a project cars style career to the main game)
    Street Supercars - Maybe this is how Ferrari comes to AMS2? Funded by this DLC? We'll probably also get the P2P tracks from PC2 (I hope so, I really liked those). Also, didn't Steam show this as a Pt.1 a few months ago, maybe a mistake...maybe not?
    Adrenaline Pack - My guess is the stadium trucks, the RX buggy from AMS1, RX cars and some drift cars to go with the dirt and snow tracks from AMS1 (maybe some RX courses too) + layouts with ramps for the trucks. Maybe they add snow and freezing temps back into the game, which will require some tire work. So this could be a big one (multi-part?), I'd expect it as the final DLC content for 2022.

• Like Like x 1
  17. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I also hope Reiza will work on AMS2 for most of this decade. Modern sims are huge beasts and they can be improved for years. I hope it can be sustainable. Only when you hit a technical brick wall (like it was the case for AMS1), that you must start over and use a new engine.
    I really hope Reiza will have access to future iterations of the Madness Engine done by SMS, because they do not have the expertise to evolve some of its aspects (mainly graphical) in huge ways (think raytracing for example).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope so as well. AMS 2 as lots of potential. Would be strange if they create an AMS 3 in 2025 or so, and then sell the same tracks, etc all over again. Longivity is better. Then an AMS 3 in 2033 or so. Still hoping for Reiza Rally Sim meanwhile, tho :D

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Dylan Hale

We still have at least 1 stand alone track pack coming. However I assume its European, as all the rest of the individual track packs are European tracks. If I recall, those track packs were for 2021 only, so I wouldn't be surprised to get another 6 track packs for 2022 (depending in how far along they are on the BIG packs)

I too would love a Racing USA part 4 and 5 or something of the like with a couple extra tracks and maybe some cars that couldn't fit thematically into the other packs. American 70's-80's GT racing is well worth looking into, and I still want a 1990's GT2 class with a Viper and Corvette for the GT1 cars to multi class with. Not to mention the rich history of American Stock Car racing or extensive catalog of incredible Street circuits.

So much to do and such little time and money.

Thats also not including the coming Nissan, Aston Martin, and the mysterious 3rd brand coming to the base game before Christmas, the 1983 F1 cars announced with the Monza DLC, and Road America, vintage Spa, and vintage Nurburgring also coming in the near future

20. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

As much as I also like to think of the future, I also have a connection to the past. I'd be very happy to see some mention from Reiza on the progress of historic Spa, which for whatever reason was pushed far away from when I purchased it. Not trying to start a whole "thing", but I think for those of us who purchased it in good faith many months ago, a little update on it's progress (as we've seen so many releases since that time) would do a lot to dispel some of my questions of when, or even if, it will ever arrive. And please don't down vote me, just because you can. I think this is a reasonable request.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4