1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.1.1 & Racin´ USA Pt2 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.2.0

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 3, 2021.

1. JAGLeMans

JAGLeMans Member

Has Reiza made any mention of resetting leaderboards for Watkins Glen? With the new track limits it’s now impossible to better the top times.

In fact, I think it’s overdue resetting all leaderboards given the recent physics overhaul. Although I guess some may not be happy with that.

With all the talk of single-player content. Reiza could engage more players by having weekly Time Trial challenges. We see these in the likes of GT Sport and they’re a great way to ensure players log in regularly. All the better if you can offer a virtual (or real) incentive to compete. Reiza could hand pick 2-3 cool car/track combinations per week. Highlight new DLC & existing content that’s gone under the radar.

I know myself, as a single-player user, there’s so much content I’ve not yet touched in AMS2. But give me official challenges and I’ll be logging in to try it.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 5
  2. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

tbh, this is what I am looking forward to the most. Madness engine has some great loose surface physics (if PC2 RX was anything to go by) so should be ideal for those RX buggies and who doesn't like jumping Stadium trucks in VR... yes please.

Would love a Ferrari 488 GT3/GTE. My favorite car in rf2. One the rf2 devs actually got the interior looking fantastic for for once.

• Like Like x 4
  3. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Resetting time trial when they are weekly updating the physics would upset people more often than currently, no?

Agree on weekly events, although I myself I'm not fond of TT.

4. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Just be patient because "The lord Reiza giveth and the Lord taketh.''

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
  5. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

More likely that the entire sim will transfer across to another engine and become a server-based game-as-service. Mid-20s I’d guess.

6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Okay, thanks

7. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't know how licensing works but I hope they were able to get a console release somewhere in the fine print. Otherwise I would fully expect (and hope for) an AMS3 that consists of all the planned content in AMS2, polished to a very high level with some additional content of course.

I would love for this to happen in 2023 so that they could release it with cross-platform multiplayer (like the new Grid game). That would be totally worth it. Otherwise, they might as well keep developing it further. To those that say they don't have the expertise to improve the engine or graphics, etc., they could always hire former SMS staff as I can't imagine the entire team was onboard with the PC3 (or World of Speed or PCARS Go or F&F Crossroads) direction...and AMS2 seems like a project more in-line with the original vision of WMD.

However, I don't think that's necessary as they've been working their magic on the engine for a while now. The things they've improved in just the past few months were on the wishlists of people for nearly a decade (renaming/custom AI, custom championships, per car ffb, etc.). People will still complain, but the oval changes, safety cars, etc. will all be things Reiza will have implemented that SMS chose not to (for whatever reason, probably the restrictive publishing deal).

Sure, you can have ALL the cars and tracks in AC...but I'd rather have a fantastic experience that is limited in scope than something that is unlimited yet mediocre.

• Like Like x 2
  8. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There no reason for a console version to not exist at some point (unless Reiza does not want it for some reason).
    IMHO, it cannot happen before 2023 at the earliest, until all DLC are done and the sim further polished and maybe with something like a story career showcasing everything the sim has to offer, providing more "guided" gameplay.
    There's nothing like AMS2 on consoles and current gen consoles (PS5 / XBox One X) could run AMS2 fantastically well. It was not the case on prev gen consoles on which the Madness Engine did not run very well because of their weak CPU (and GPU).
    Of course it will need top notch gamepad support, but Reiza can definitely do it !

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Demeisen

How did ACC do when it crossed to console? Anyone keep track of that?

10. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Few
    Playing any of these games with a gamepad is subpar to be honest, although not undoable. Honestly though, as a person who owns a Xbox, PS5 and pc, I'm tired of nearly unplayable sim games coming out on console at the exclusion of everything else.

If Automobilista ever did want to make a console game, I would much rather it be a game made specifically for console (like Project Cars 3) but as a spin off title, then AMS2 being ported directly over as is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. sparco

sparco Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi all,
    Do you have any news concerning the NISSAN releases ???....Can't wait.....

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

SOON...:D

13. Marius H

Nissan Skyline. AMS 2: Underground, huehue.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  14. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

You mean...

NISSOON...

AMS2: diff edition...

• Funny Funny x 5
  15. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Drifting around airplanes in Cleveland at midnight?

• Like Like x 1
  16. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Acc. Pretty bad tbh. It come out to the old gen of consoles. Struggling to reach 30fps, graphics were blurry and gamepad was poor. Some settings like camera and others missing on console. I now got a Series x and the game reaches 60fps with drops but the game is still kinda blurry due to low textures etc.
    The next gen update will come out in Feb so we will see if truly improves. They should work on gamepad settings as well for the next update.

17. Marius H

I was hoping for tuning and neon-lights :p

• Like Like x 1
  18. Demeisen

Interesting. I pointed a Microsoft-phobic in-law towards the console version, but never really heard back. Sounds like it didn't do the franchise much justice. AMS2 should run on the latest gen though. It'd need a fair bit more USA/European content to fly I suspect.

19. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok am I going mad? Has there been some sort of silent update with no patch notes that ive missed since yesterday? Have the GTE tires been adjusted? Cause I can tell you this, after some thurough testing yesterday and some thurough testing today, The Corvette GTE is not acting like it did yesterday, not in the slightest!

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ams2 will only come to consoles when the game is fully ready. It is not as easy to deploy updates on console so the game has to be in mint condition before a console release. Releasing the game and all the dlc on console, from a business perspective is a great idea though. We'll see.

• Agree Agree x 2