1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.1.1 & Racin´ USA Pt2 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.2.0

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

If you buy a tiny dash, like vocore, you can also create a radar. I've crammed it in the center and it helps me all the time.

2. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Crewchief all the way for me, i like Jim swearing at me occasionally lol

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes I am aware you can install all kinds of background programs eating up half a gig of memory and 5% of your CPU or attach external gadgets to your rig, but a radar needs to be built-in and just be there by default without fiddling.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Since the latest update, the camera views in the showroom switch extremely fast from one to the next, so that it is hard to check your livery when painting your own one. Reiza, could you please slow this procedure down again a bit within an upcoming build?
    It is not a major issue, but when modding liveries, you now always have to start a session in order to check whether your decals are on the right position, because the views in showroom change enormously quick.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
  5. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

On top of that, the point of the discussion is: many people don't seem to use external software like Crew Chief, let alone SimHub. Finishing the in-game spotter would probably go a long way. After that, do an in-game radar and we should be set for life.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't see what that has to do with positioning your radar. If you don't want to try my suggestion, just don't. Sorry but I don't like your comment here.

7. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would bet the majority of the crashes in online races are due to network related issues (be it users fault or AMS2 fault) than lack of awareness.

Adding helicorsa or whatever is unlikely to improve online racing...

Im not against it obviously, on the contrary, I welcome it. However the reasoning behind people wanting it to improve online races doesnt hold much ground.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

The in game function of engineer, pit- and spotter radio in PCARS2 were quite nice and did their part to the whole racing ambience. ACC basically did a copy of it. The subtitles are still in ASM 2, as well as the functionality... just the according speech file are missing.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

I get excessive micro stutters when using simhub in any sim. For years now I can not solve it. Anyone else with a similar issue? Because the radar is such a big help, but microstutters are not ;).

edit: Come to think of it, when I play windowed or borderless, I get microstutters so maybe there's a correlation?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Yes without a doubt. Though some/lots Im sure 'still do not know its available as option.
    Ha, yes can add a fun element esp with rain and his comments.
    Sad that he still gets tyre temps wrong.

YES, YES PLS. Devs
    Can it really be that tricky to activate the voice after such a long time in release? Maybe its a deeper issue?. It would be more accurate as well, ref tyre temps. Jim/CC says Tyres are cold half the time when there not.
    Some Devs input/response would be nice to hear on implementation of audio.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

It not anything but a humorous way of me to say that I don’t prefer the distraction ?
    Which I personally find it, so please don’t take it the wrong way. ;)

I use it in raceroom with the overlay, but that’s only because their standard hud is horrible.
    I prefer the way Ams2 runs and looks in full screen mode , so do not use any simhub overlays with it.

I would have no problem for it being added to standard hud, but only as a second option, not a replacement for what they have now.

It absolutely wouldn’t change the contacts made on me from behind or from optimistic dive bombs.
    Just like in real life, I’m always checking my rear vision to see what’s going on behind me. So no attack is every surprising , or shouldn’t be …
    And I do a lot of side by side racing with drivers I’m familiar with and never have a problem judging where they are , even with restricted view of side mirrors, so not having a fake radar adds to the reality for me.

Good judgement will always be good judgment, and vice versa .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. ponyride

ponyride New Member

13. ponyride

ponyride New Member

Gotta say these cart indy cars are a blast ,content like this you guys are going to the top!!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Steve Redfox

Steve Redfox Member

• "Added Fanatec CLS DD control sets" well may be, but mine is not recognized anymore neither in PC mode nor in CSW V2/2.5 Comp. Mode. Also the separate pedals ( Thrustmaster T-CLM ) are not recognized anymore.......this is disappointing... :(

15. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

have you tried to delete the "default.controllersettings.v1.03" file in the AMS2 profile?

16. Steve Redfox

Steve Redfox Member

Yes. It does not work anymore. Even the buttons (McLaren GT3 V2 Wheel ) are not recognized correctly anymore. Pedals are not recognized despite having them them plugged in and out. What's wrong all of a sudden. I used AMS this afternoon and everything worked just fine. Same driver, no windows 10 update....

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

It may be a glitch related to mixing and matching Fanatec and TM hardware? Just guessing as it seems most people having no issues have all one brand and those with problems could reset and recalibrate fairly easily. The thorny situations are very rare.

One other possible helpful way to jolt everything back for you:

1) Unplug all your controllers
    2) Delete "default.controllersettings.v1.03" or your entire directory if you don't mind.
    3) Restart and configure AMS 2 for keyboard only; exit
    4) Plug in your controllers into different USB ports than they were before (test in Control Panel to ensure all is well)
    5) Try selecting and calibrating as normal in AMS 2

I can also tell you that Fanatec drivers need to be reinstalled annoyingly often (including after major Windows updates and other events that normally don't affect these sorts of things). Not sure about TM drivers.

P.S., do you mean you used AMS (1) earlier and it is OK, or you used AMS 2 earlier and then it suddenly screwed-up? The problems with AMS 2 arose in the last update (several days ago) as far as we know. Have not heard of a problem with controllers disconnecting spontaneously (in between updates).

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Steve Redfox

Steve Redfox Member

Look, I am using this combination since begin of November last year with 5 different Sims. I use Fanalab to keep the separate settings for each sim..Works very well. AMS2 was the only sim I had a problem with from day one to recognize separate pedals ( separate USB port ). I used the workaround with unplugging them, calibrate the wheel and then plugin the pedals again. I went for comp.mode as there was no direct support for CSL DD in PC Mode. I also have AMS1 installed which works with the CSL DD only in comp mode. Same for rF2 even AC/ACC...so I mainly use Comp mode also for AMS2. After the recent update. I wanted to try the new CSL DD PC mode setting in AMS2...this lead to the described trouble.

19. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This one works really well if you have time give it a try : pAMS2Spotter (p stands for Perfect) | Reiza Studios Forum

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Steve Redfox

Steve Redfox Member

Hello, tbh, I am kind of p.o. by AMS2 right now. Just now, when FFB and physics are in the best shape ever, I have this controller issue, which was not there before.

I did what you ( and other members here on the forum ) recommended. Including switching USB ports for the pedals .

After searching this forum, I found, that this problem is not a new phenomenon, but actually persisting since the first release of AMS2.

Seems, somehow, I was just lucky and spared from this experience before.

The situation as of now is :
    - all drivers and windows are working with their most recent releases
    - CSL DD Wheelbase is recognized by windows, Fanatec driver software and Fanalab and 6 other racing sims ( AMS1, AC,ACC, rF2, R3E, F1 2020 )
    - TM T-CLM Pedals are recognized by Windows, TM Calibration Software, 6 ( in words six ) other sims I have on my system ( 12 months old )

- AMS2 recognizes the Fanatec Wheelbase only in CSL V2.5 comp mode and lets me calibrate the wheel - but let me not assign left and right directions (multiple inputs--- no key assigned )
    - AMS2 does not recognize the pedals ( neither in a default , User(x), Fanatec or any other setting. Due to this, I cannot assign the pedals to Throttle, brake and clutch either, of course. Same message occurs : multiple inputs, no key assigned
    - AMS2 recognizes "a" wheel and mixes up buttons and POVs. I use always the same button mapping in all sims ( having all buttons labelled on my McL GT3 V2 ).

History : My last offline race in AMS2 was yesterday afternoon and everything worked well. Until I read the full description of the latest update and noticed that direct support of the CSL DD was implemented. Which I tried and all the hassle began. So much for AMS2...

Again : AMS1, AC, ACC, R3E,rF2, F1 2020 - they all recognize the pedals and the CSL DD ( in Comp Mode )
    R3E works also with CSL DD in PC Mode which I didn't use so far as it was the only sim really recognizing the CSL DD including the McL GT3 V2 with all buttons !

• Informative Informative x 1