1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.1.1 & Racin´ USA Pt2 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.2.0

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 3, 2021.

1. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Problem is: only Iracing has the money to keep an infrastructure running which actually enables this kind of organized 24/7 multiplayer. If it was that easy every other competitor would just go and copy them. Good thing is that in recent years some try to get near Iracing. Let’s keep hope.

2. amsimp

amsimp Impatient Racer

^^ this. It’s not the rating system but the scheduled races. Races are populated every hour and sorted by rank quite well.

Just imagine kind of like the AMS2 lobby right now… but all lobby hosts utilise the actual rating system instead of just U1000. That’d be a dream

• Like Like x 2
  3. S-AMG

S-AMG New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello

New player on AMS2, it would be nice to have several Reiza servers of different classes, a bit like Raceroom does !
    I would love to have competitions too, maybe in the future?
    Sorry for my poor English :(

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sim Racing System does about the same, and "for free". Been doing that for years. WSS and RaceU are doing about the same, also for free.

They tried to include AMS2 one or two years ago, I joined two races and they were god awful laggy. Not because SRS itself, but I would guess AMS2 MP code simply wasn't (and still might not be) up to the standards.

What really shines in iRacing is the combination of scheduled races + large user base.

5. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

Im not disagreeing with you either ;)
    Even though I quoted you, my comment wasnt aimed directly at you.
    If you run into issues and they dont get adressed thats bad for everyone indeed.
    Fanboyism is definitly something that can hinder the development of a sim so I totally agree with you.

I always try to be constructive when I criticize certain aspects of the game, but a lot of times people dont want to hear it or it feels like its taboo to even talk about it while it should be taken for what it is, constructive criticism.
    I really like this sim but theres still plenty of stuff wrong with it.

The problem is with people who complain about their additional content not coming soon enough like their lives are depending on it.
    Im not sure they understand that the team thats working to improve things like physics and handling, balancing issues etc are not the same teams working on that new track layout.

I think the best thing for everyone would be to just trust the dev team and let them go about their job. Its not like theyre deliberately lying to people like some big publishers are doing these days (Im looking at you E.A, Ubisoft etc…) so I dont think we need to treat them that way.
    The amount of complaining on these boards during the holiday season was ****ing embarrassing…

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Extremely great graphical display.
    Thank you - this gives a mighty good overview :thumbsUp

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

My #2 issue with iRacing is the ffb but, #1 is the cost, especially as an offline player.

It seems iRacing recently hired a physics developer who formerly worked for ISI. They may be working to improve the physics, tires, and ffb (pure speculation on my part). Even if they manage to solve the dull ffb issues (imo), I still could not begin to justify the un-ending subscription cost.

Otherwise, iRacing has much to offer but, I do believe AMS2 has the potential to occupy that simulation space quite well, for my needs and wants.

8. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

One cool thing that iracing does is that ranked races mimic real races, for instance a lot of iracers are racing daytona right now because the daytona 24h race is soon, so reiza could be inspired by this

9. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

TBH with all the effort Reiza has been putting on AMS2 and its engine I don't see them moving on any time soon. First there is no real better engine looming in the market, secondly there is still a lot that can/has to be accomplished with ME. Finally I believe more season pass and DLCs will help make the classes fuller, maybe give the time for largely improved MP and involve more people, not iracing numbers but definitely there is a lot of people looking for something more than just GT3 on ACC...

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Personally I think iracing FFB is not that bad. What is really really really bad is their physics. There are things that are just otherwordly: they make no sense whatsoever IRL.
    Iracing is popular because they have a huge variety and the best MP system and because it runs even on a 1995 PC. Plus there is obviously the investment people made: when they have dropped easily $1000 in the game they won't feel like dumping it
    But when you looking at realism of physics iracing is probably at the bottom of all sims.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's due to the low sampling rate at 60hz. Meaning you are getting one data refresh per X unit of distance of travel at high speed. The problem caused by such low sampling rate is plain jerkiness and lack of subtle details since there is not enough info before a bump of after, thus the wheel "jerks" into position... People with high-end wheels will know exactly what I'm talking about.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This discussion in my opinion of Ams2 or Iracing, folks, both are great and have their particularities, good and bad things, it's up to the consumer to choose which one he likes more or just play both, we have Raceroom, ACC, AMS1, Rfactor2 all very good , there is no best, because each player has a taste, we have to stop thinking that what pleases us is a rule and therefore pleases everyone. Even when we talk only about AMS2, we end up having discussions, one wants a Rally, another wants a single-seater, another wants a GT, about physics so, what I see here in the forum about physics in AMS2 ... one wants a physics of the X car more on the ground and another thinks it's too stuck and too easy, and wants a Drift car that in the end has nothing to do with what's realistic or not, but your taste, which isn't a rule either, we have to try to be more constructive and not think that opinions are rules and represent reality, about games, everyone plays the game they like and that's what matters, no racing simulator is the best, the best is what you like the most, enjoy your favorite game and respect the other friend's favorite game.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Steve Redfox

Steve Redfox Member

AGREED ! I wonder why many simracers seem to prefer ranting on this or that product. In real life racing, you get a car, a track and the wheather and you have to make the best out of it. When thinking of my first Simracing experience with F1 GP 1 1998 ( Ubisoft ), or with GTR2 / GT Legends, we had loads of fun and raced for hours , knowing that it was a sim/ game and not a real life, professional million $ training tool ( as we used for our tanker training in the military ) Today, no matter to who's sim forum I look , many people are complaining about unrealistic physics, tyremodels an what not. As if they all would be real life racing experts , engineers and, of course, top drivers all in one go ..only to race 20 minute races or doing mainly hotlapping.

I think, we all can be very happy that we have such a great diversity of high quality racing sims, unthinkable only few years ago. And they are running with stunning graphics and sounds even on normal PCs. On top , we have the internet allowing us to exchange knowledge at a rate unparalleled just a few years ago and run races online around the world. And this is a small niche in the gaming world..I am not saying that we have to stop critique, as long as it is constructive. But we should also come down a bit from the ivorytower of total perfectionism and use those sims for what they are meant for in the first place : to have fun !

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 17
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. amsimp

amsimp Impatient Racer

…. no one is ranting at the moment though. We’re just talking about how to get the most out of AMS2 and using the best (or worst) things about other sims as a reference.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. amsimp

amsimp Impatient Racer

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
  17. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nah, let's complain about the Brabham BT52 missing. Kidding aside, I'm looking forward to this update (maybe this weekend?). Then we will still have another big one to look forward to in another 2 weeks or so.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  18. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

"The McLaren MP4/1c should be the true Formula Classic Gen 1" is a hill I'm willing to die on.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes but which Hill, Damon or Graham?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

Sam :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1