1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.1.1 & Racin´ USA Pt2 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.2.0

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 3, 2021.

1. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

To avoid an international clash, the date format should DD-MMM-YY (02 JAN 22) where the month is abbreviated in letters.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

OMG!! This was my favorite...understanding how the time was acquired to be more apples to apples.

upload_2022-1-24_14-38-2.png

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

How about my DIY brake mod replacing any fancy load cell - any time :D

skrivebord_151125_50prcKlipTxt-.jpg

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

It was never my reason to post to change people's mind as i am well aware from prior experience how this debate goes. You point out the possible flaws in a person's reasoning, they defend their position and the debate gets more and more polarised and invariably goes nowhere.

My main reason was to question my own preconceived views on default setups and my aversion to them and to try to take onboard why people prefer them . So i tried some of the defaults on quite a few different cars in TT mode at Brands Hatch to see if i still hated them as much as i used to. On a positive note i found some of them much improved and a lot more driveable but others not so much.

It's a shame you cannot record a default lap vs a custom setup lap. For example, i mistakingly set a lap with a custom setup then posted a slightly faster time with the default, but then the other one was wiped out with no record of it for comparison. The one big difference i found with a lot of the default setups though is that they are a lot more stable if you apply a small amount of throttle under braking and turn in but this is not necessary for my own setups. I imagine that will annoy purists (and i'm not a fan of it myself), but the issue of using throttle to balance the car under braking has been an issue since the days of Grand Prix Legends and a quirk of some sim racing physics i guess.

These are completely subjective and just my observations. But what i did take away from it is as i suspected, that custom setups are more fun to drive than default and the differences in laptimes can be marginal (for me) especially at a twisty track like Brands and the cars i tried which were GTE,GT4,etc.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Silly sim racers with their unrealistic throttle while braking technique, like... Michael Schumacher:

vScBYd8.jpeg
    :p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

@ramsay By coincidence I tried the same compare some minutes ago on the historic Imola.
    OK because of my leg issues (no pedals) I had to make a few urgent adjustments to the default to be able to drive it.
    Mainly dif and brake.
    But eventhough I was able to challenge :D the until then best WR in the F US cars using this "default" setup then it was a lot more messy to keep the car on the track in the twisty corners on this track.
    Using my own setup the ride was much more relaxed and (therefore) faster.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

Don't some modern cars cut the power though if you apply throttle and brake at the same time? Sure i saw a video of Jimmy Broadbent's where this was explained by his tutor on track.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  8. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Some GT3 and GT4 cars do this. The McLaren GT4 does this IRL, but I think it has something to do with the specific electronics they use. Possibly a ECU map issue, something with TC, or to prevent the throttle being stuck open.

Off topic, but it reminds me, autoblip/autocut on sequential transmissions needs listed in the car select UI. For those who don't use autoclutch, it would be nice to know whether you need to blip downshifts or not. For example, the CART cars need blips, but the F3's don't, but the Formula Trainers do.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Mentioned many times and still hoped for: Ghost for test day
    This is another good reason to increase the value of the 'Test Day' in game by adding your own ghost to test day. PLS. at some point (pretty please):D
    Test day is pretty pointless as is. With a ghost it would have more function. Testing and compairing setups etc.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Abso-bloody-lutely

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

[flame]GT3 and 4 aren't even cars... are expensive kid toys[/flame]

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. DavidGossett

Sadly, that's pretty true. So much so that now they nerfed GTE into GTD (essentially GT3) in IMSA. Now the gentlemen drivers can have the same BOP as the big bois. The 2022 GTD Corvette is essentially the 2021 GTE car nerfed into oblivion. That said, the Rolex 24 essentially doubled from 30+ cars to 60+ because of the change to all GT3 outside of the prototypes. Maybe this could spice up IMSA and WEC with bigger fields.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

To be completely honest... these GT races are full of old fat drivers and rich playboys. I don't waste my time even with F1... imagine with GT3/4/E/D.

As a videogame player, why should I waste my time with these cars when we have a lot of much more interesting vehicles around?

I will never really get into the GT3 at Spa hype lol

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

That's actually been one of the problems with IMSA racing overall--too many classes on the track at the same time. When you have a class with only 3 cars (as was the case with GTLM most of the last year), what's the point from a fan perspective. I'm looking forward to the Rolex 24 with the much larger field this year!

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. DavidGossett

IMHO, the whole point of IMSA/WEC is learning to deal with other classes. It's learning to work with other drivers and keep out of trouble. The bigger the field the better, even if that means half of them are just rich guys with the money to buy a seat.

16. amsimp

amsimp Impatient Racer

Sportscar/GT racing was never really meant for watching and entertainment since the beginning. It’s really just for manufacturer RND and to satisfy rich driver’s hobbies. Definitely fun to be the racer but
    quite hard to watch. When you’re the viewer it’s usually fun for total of 1hr and boring the other 23. Pit strategy wise mainly just whenever the cars run out of fuel and too many battles going on at the same time it makes you unfocused and cross-eyed.

The big shows of motorsports are the open wheelers, Supercars, NASCAR and the … GT3…. Spec… DTM *sigh*

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't forget Super GT! It is a really healthy series that others would do well to emulate. The title sponsors align with a team for decades and create lifetime fans, anyone that grew up with Gran Turismo will recognize the names (Calsonic, TOM's, Loctite, Motul, Raybrig...rip). If the organizers were better at marketing they would have capitalized on the international market, I feel that they didn't take full advantage of the Playstation crowd.

Same with Indycar. Ever since the DLC dropped I have been watching older CART races and what really stands out to me are the title sponsors for the cars. They are instantly recognizable (KOOL, Marlboro, Target, Players, etc.) and we just don't have that today. There is a really detailed Indycar fan survey on their website that everyone should participate it, I think they really want to improve Indycar. One of the questions was about brand recognition and it got me to thinking about the importance of title sponsors and how cars look generic without them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. amsimp

amsimp Impatient Racer

They are trying to gain international exposure for Super Formula. would be a crazy surprise to see the Dallara SF19 in AMS2,,, a lot of Japanese people live in Brazil xd

Super GT will remain hard to find and with little English content. The new WEC hypercars also follow a similar manufacturer based strategy to Super GT. Super GT also plan to have longer races; this means pit strategy more similar to endurance racing with 3 lap pit windows just whenever the car runs out of fuel. But maybe I’m just a big fan of Grand Prix style racing, endurance is fun to drive but not mah style

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

It used to be fanboys fighting over what sim was more realistic…
    Guess now we also get to feel superior because of driving different car classes?
    Must feel good to brag about not using TC and ABS at those parties huh?

Great attitude going on this thread.
    Keep it up boys.

• Dislike x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  20. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What kinda cheese do ya'll like?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1