1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.3.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.3.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2022.

1. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

I suppose the redeeming feature is pricing accordingly, so pre alpha stuff is there at discount with a health warning. As it is now, AMS2 is perfectly serviceable as a functional 'table', maybe a bit wonky or lacking a layer of varnish, but I can rest my coffee on it and every month or so the artisan improves it a little.
    I've picked up numerous titles really cheap this way, and have learnt to be selective and satisfied in the process, but it's not a philosophy that's for everyone.
    If it's not for you, wait until you consider it finished. Don't blame the market for responding to consumer behaviours though.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, i do like ams2 a lot, thats not the issue here, but apparently for a lot of people being critical equals not liking it.

The issue is getting what people paid for, when racin usa part 2 got released, or at least part 1 of the 3 parts of part 2, there was no mention of any delay on the store page, now there is, that should have been there straightaway, to prevent misinforming people who buy it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Just based on a relaxed curiosity then what do you mean by this "market" thing remark?
    Do you mean that somebody here in this forum is conserned (or unsatisfied) if the "market" move users or potientielt buyers away from AMS2?
    Because as I see it this should only be something Reiza as company should be conserned of.
    We as users are free to start one of the many other racing sims up.;)
    Hehe even if we have to buy one of them.
    Problem solved.:)

ByTheWay: Im one of the AMS2 users who have "invested" in the existing and hopefully comming USA DLCs. But I dont miss any of my sleep if some of it gets delayed further.
    Probably because my life does not depend on these DLCs.
    Thats the reason I dont get my temper up enought to participate in this ongoing Reiza harassment.:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Roy Niessink

Well, thats good that you wont miss any sleep on it, i wont either.

And its not a harassment, at least not from my end, if you think that, it just shows you're completely missing the point here, or need to learn the difference between being critical or harassing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And where are we seeing these people?

6. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

No, it wasn't my intention to imply others had adopted a position that I disagreed with. Just my own idle ramblings on the state of things. Much more important things out there, just contributing a counter view to the conversation.;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Roy Niessink

Here on the forum, steamforum, several comments on video's, livestreams, facebook groups,twitter.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
  8. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You mean the livestreams where you and your friend BCRGGaming are pushing this agenda and steam, where BCRGGaming is posting 10s of hypercritical posts of Reiza after his ego got hurt for being banned here? He is doing that on steam and you here - thats how you have dived up the anti-Reiza campaign.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

13871fiv9kBfkQ.gif

I'm gone for a while and y'all are already whining about each other in the forums again.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Roy Niessink

I dont know where you're getting at,but i post my own opinion and findings here, if you look around there are more and more of them.

If you can look further then this thread on the forum you would know i try to help as much people as i can, but that doesn't mean i shouldn't be critical about certain things.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Good advice--that's what I do for every single form of software other than racing sims. I choose to endure the pain of development by, for example, getting ACC in early release and having to wait a long time before the tire model was improved to even make the game worth playing for 5 minutes (by my personal standards). AMS 2 development is frustrating in many ways, but it's a small independent developer that I want to support and there is enough fun stuff in there to enjoy that I am happy to go along for the ride and have some influence on the aspects of the sim that matter the most to me.

Some people actually enjoy testing early access versions of Windows!!!! To me, that has to be the most frustrating, futile waste of time possible, but I bet some of those people think using AMS 2 before it's "finished" is equally dumb.

That's why it is good advice to not buy any DLC, the season pass, or even the game itself if you are going to be frustrated by continuous improvement/development. We know continuous improvement eventually brings superior quality, but it also involves change and disruption. Choose your evil...

Last edited: Feb 28, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I hope also people are not forgetting that the USA pack content was expanded when it was split into three parts. That means those with a season pass are getting more than initially promised. It means those who prefer to buy individual packs can better pick and choose what they want in case they do not want all the content (oval racing, for example, which some may skip while others will want only that part).

• Informative Informative x 3
  13. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Maybe you should look at your own outpourings against Reiza - instead of telling others that oh we just havent understand how very constructive these outpourings are.
    And if I understand others here then your constructive outpourings can also be seen on some obscure youtube thing.
    Gratulation.:rolleyes:

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Roy Niessink

Well, seeing some of your replies on other threads by you i am not surprised by this one.

Obscure youtube thing?? Thats just plain funny right there, always good to see people judge someone in this case livestream, without ever watching it, or just 5 or 10 minutes, and if they do, too scared to say hi it seems.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. Roy Niessink

Thats a valid point, but how are newcomers to know that? Thats not communicated anywhere, which is kinda key, the only place this gets spread is on this forum, which i dont think a lot of people are on.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Yeah I think this is a critical point. I remember when I first got into this not so long ago, my mentality was one of 'I've paid my money so where's the finished product', not really understanding I was buying into a process more than anything. This was pre AMS2 I hasten to add. Now I feel much more informed about the whole thing so it's not a problem, but early on it was confusing. As you say, it's not clear that it's a process rather than a conclusion, and I think the majority would be happy with that if it was more of an overt cognitive process.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Every end of the month is the same discussion...

• Agree Agree x 11
  18. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

Check your calendar mate ;). It's that time of the month again.
    It'll be better in a few day.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

We could talk about KSP.. I'm doing a kos rp1 rss playthrough so comatose quite regularly screaming at code..

• Like Like x 1
  20. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Not saying I called it, but...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1