1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.5.1 Officially RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.3.5.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 6, 2022.

1. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

upload_2022-4-14_23-29-41.png

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

'tyres' should be replaced with 'feel' in this template tbh

3. Luke Blum

Luke Blum Active Member AMS2 Club Member

unless the Stock Car Pro Series changed regulations on their tires between 2021 and 2022, im not sure why the tire would be any different.

4. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In the current version of the sim they have the same tires
    upload_2022-4-14_17-59-48.png

5. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Very exciting!

Stock Car 2022 is a dream to drive. You can make tiny mistakes and recover. Tires still get more slippery over time but they have do so more predictably now. I feel relaxed after 40 minutes stints instead of worn out. Really makes me happy knowing the tire model will improve across the board.

The other thing that makes me feel good about this is how it just reinforces how committed Renato and the team are committed to improving our favorite sim. There's still good in this world!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I was referring to the way the 2021 used to handle. I haven't tried the 2021 in the new update and couldn't compare the 2022 to a previous version because there wasn't one. I thought that was implied.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Looks like also the same tires with F-Ultimate.

8. Darío Quiza

Darío Quiza Active Member AMS2 Club Member

In fact, I drove all 2020, 2021 and 2022 cars, both Cruze and Corolla (6 cars in total), and they feel almost the same (the Corolla being a bit more reactive, the Cruze being a bit more dampened and settled, what let me think that they have small CoG, structure and other subtle differences). Beside that, I only have two complains:
    1. 2021 and 2022 Corolla still uses the old scrubing sound effect on the tire, despite using the right model and most modern developement (stiffened carcass), while the Cruze and both 2020 Corolla and Cruze use the modern scrub sound.
    2. I expect more developments on those tires, since they behave a bit weird while braking, being almost impossible to lock the tires in straight line (they can be locked when braking while steering). I'm sure they are aware of this, so just waiting to see their job done when it's done :).
    As a matter of fact, I must say that I chose one of those cars, and I drove it through all tracks in the game (not all variants, and I didn't use the kart tracks, so not literally all ;)) and this experience with the revised tires is superb, finally AMS2 is reaching it's full potencial, and I'm happy to witness this.

Just one more thing; I still think that certain areas of Road America suffer form excesive road noise/texture, for example while braking downhill to turn 3, overcoming the FFB the info given by the car, and losing some feedback.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

As the AI does not know how to have a proper overtake, the cars in Formula Ultimate do not use DRS the way it is meant to be.
    Yes, they open their DRS, but instead of trying to pass, they go for the rear tyres of car in front and then break again and DRS is closed way too early.
    This issue is there since day one in all classes (no outbraking on the inside before corners, just fake manoeuvres and then ramming car in front, whilst car on the outside always forces it's way through). The whole AI logic needs a rework.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wouldnt you then rework just this part of the logic, not the whole AI logic?

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, in the sense that both got the same type of stiffening treatment but are obviously different tires bundled by class in the game

12. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

• Funny x 8
    • Creative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
  13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

It was not :)

14. Budgetek

Budgetek Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I dont think IRL drivers feel relaxed after 40 min stint so you are probably way too far from the limit. Keep pushing.

15. MJP10

MJP10 The Basin of Jatemans AMS2 Club Member

Yeah organic feels like a good word to use. monitoring the ai in practice or qualifying for a few laps and you can see a few mistakes. Its a pretty good way to measure how much ai mistakes you want. If ai locking up once every few laps (or simliar) isnt for you or makes it too easy, use a higher value.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is seat position shared among some cars? F-Ult G2 and F301, for example. I got the impression after I do some small adjustment to one, it messes with the other.

17. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Is seat position saved by car at all?
    I have to adjust position every time i change the car...

18. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Should be. The cars I've driven before and adjusted to my liking retain those settings and I don't need to readjust after coming back to those. Cars with no saved camera position obviously I have to set up at first outing, but first only.

I think there may be a limit of saved camera positions but from what I remember it was quite high value (50 or so, but I don't recall the exact value).

19. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Well, i'm jumping from car to car very often and so it could be that i'm running out of save slots from time to time.
    Will have a closer look at it in the future...o_O

EDIT:
    Now i remember. Positions are saved but not the angle up/down.
    And that's what i have to adjust often to get everything in sight what i need on my ultrawide display. :whistle:

20. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, I asked because every single car seem to have the wrong seat angle and position from what I expect. So I find myself fiddling with it all the time, even though I've iterated over all open wheelers to fix it... its weird that I've to keep doing it all the time.

The feeling I get is that all open wheelers have the settings of the second image instead of what should be right, like in the first image:
    upload_2022-4-16_8-24-13.png

edit: this wrong position (especially seat angle) is not exclusive to AMS2. iRacing has the very same default seat angle and I see every streamer using the angle of the second image... it is weird as fk, can't understand how people can feel comfortable with it. Except if they are not looking for realism, but rather just trying to see the track better.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1