1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.8.1 Oficially Released - Now Updated to V1.3.8.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 28, 2022.

1. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Also in pursuit of more realistic lap times have a nearby loved one clobber you with bat when you contact the wall.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Renato has addressed the F3 already.

3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

They will be addressed, but they can still have issues until 1.4.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

I try to remember which one of the New brazilian track but I got a anti-sportive flag when braking at 1st corner .. was with Porche Cup .. normal braking .. we were two on track . Maybe Romero Will recall which track. ( Was on V1.3.8.2).

5. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Lots of stage detail. Factor that one location is just slightly less length than the Nords and with a massive amount of off-track (sometimes on-track :rolleyes:) objects.

I've been on a weird rally phase lately and have been digging through any sim rally content I can find. (Southern Ohio Forest Rally is to blame for that.) It's a bit of a shame that no new sim rally titles are on the horizon currently. I know super trucks and rallycross are rumored here, but DR2.0, AC mods, and occasional PC2 sessions are all I have to tide over my rally obsession. IMG_0160 (1).jpg

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. jimortality

jimortality Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope they don't change too much because I quite like them! Maybe it's down to my driving style but they drive fine for me. (I'm no expert and these are my views only and do not represent the wider public thank you)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dolph

What about WRC10?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  8. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Currently the F309 feels very arcadey, as if everything is wrong. Obviously I've no experience on how one of those drive irl, but definitely not what I expected from such an open wheel.

Used to be really fun to drive, one of my favorites. Now I dislike them as much as GT3s :(

AI requires some polishing in Suzuka, as they drive through the grass on T1 on the first lap 100% of the time and defy any reasonable physics there. Tested with F301, F309 and F-Ultimate Gen 2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

can 2nd this, the AI line compleatly cuts turn 1

10. CrimsonEminence

It was mentioned several times by now, that F3 revision is still work in progress.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. CrimsonEminence

I see AI going 2 wheels off track at T1 at race start at Kansai (which also is related to missing behavioural tweaks that will follow later), but not completely cutting the turn. Please upload a screenshot how it looks for you guys.

12. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

I did some oval test on Formula USA with AI on the available ones and noticed the AI have tires inside the Ground for about 2-3 cm.

13. Spie

Spie Member AMS2 Club Member

Can't believe 9 people disagree with this post, as it is on point! Sad times indeed.

Anyway back on topic, thanks for update, cant wait to test out some more combos, and cant wait for 1.4 and the F3's.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. CrimsonEminence

Any further stuff related to that topic please discuss over here:

General Discussion - Nelson Piquet [Keep it civilized!]

I have opened this thread for you guys, please keep it civilized and accept other peoples opinions!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

This has been corrected for the next release. My apologies for the inconvenience.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Comparing the F-Ultimate Gen2 to what I gathered from watching the Austrian Grand Prix this weekend I think the car in AMS2 is a bit und the quick side. I did this yesterday when the current release version was still in beta, and the F-Ultimate is mentioned in the patch notes several times, so this report might even be obsolete already.

I was easily able to run low 1:06: times in ERS Qualy mode without tow from other cars, but those laps weren't very clean at all, mostly spinning up the rears out of turns 1 and 3 and being really imprecise through turns 7 and 8 and slow out of turn 10 both in the lap itself and the one leading up to the fast lap. The fastest time the whole weekend was a 1:04:984 as a comparison.
    Source: 2022 Austrian Grand Prix - Qualifying results from Spielberg

The reason I think is top speed. With DRS open and the Qualifying ERS mode I was able to go 330+ km/h in several places on the track, including the run uphill towards turn 3, where in real life the cars went 320 km/h max through the speed trap which is slightly downhill and located before turn 4.
    Source: Austrian GP Speed Trap: Who is the fastest of them all?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think another important factor is wind, the drivers said irl that it was quite windy but im not sure how much it affects aero in ams2. Also ams2 Spielberg is not laser-scanned so it might not be 100% accurate (although it does seem like a very good attempt)

18. Dolph

F1 cars are known to get faster each year and this is the first year of the regulation, so there is still good progress to be made by the F1 teams. Whilst your time might seem fast now in 2022, maybe next year or in 2024 it will already be representative. And if F Ultimate Gen 2 is adjusted slower now, then we will talk how the car is slow and should be sped up to match the real performance of the cars in the coming years.

This is my theory anyway.

19. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

The car currently represents the 2022 season cars and even if it's a generic representation it should run the lap times of the 2022 real life cars. If by 2024 Reiza want to readjust it to represent the 2024 cars like they did with the Gen1 (2017 -> 2019), that's fine.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Top speed of the F.Uultimate G2 is known. Stay tuned.. :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1