1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.8.1 Oficially Released - Now Updated to V1.3.8.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 28, 2022.

1. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

I understand what you are saying. But I find it extraordinary that, as users, we have the opportunity to talk to whoever is building AMS2, follow the progress, give opinions and indications and somehow participate in the final result.
    It must also be considered that an acquired software must be known very thoroughly in order to get the best out of it.And this process can take a long time when the software is so complex.
    At least in my opinion

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What competition is coming out soon? Reiza probably has 9 months before the first contenders appear. Don't say Rennsport unless they ship with 100+ cars (no chance).

AC2? Maybe, but only if they make it easy to port mods, otherwise the Shutoko/Drift/cruise crowd won't migrate and they make up most of the big MP lobbies and the vintage guys are already satisfied. PC4? Maybe, but you know that it will have some fundamental flaw that won't get fixed. Forza? No vintage tracks or not enough, will still be hugely popular and maybe good this time, we'll see how wheels are implemented.

AMS2 is in a really good place at the moment. Physics are getting polished and we are going to be flooded with high quality content over the next half year. It will start gaining momentum with 1.4 most likely.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. TronLi

MP is important and it will probably get attention just as the numbers start to really climb. Right now there has to be a ton of back-end work going on. Who knows, maybe we'll see it with 1.5 toward the end of the year.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

There's regular multiplayer tests in beta.

5. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

I m a vintage car's Guy .. I enjoyed so much GT Legend

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Also happening to F-Ultimate Gen 2. Basically, all the cars I've tried to take to Suzuka behaved this way, so I would presume the issue is not car related and probably is happening to many more, if not all of them.

How did you Crimson manage to not replicate this issue is beyond me though, cause it happens here 100% of the time. On the first try, after restarting of the race, after rebooting the game, Steam, the computer...

Also, just happened to hit the DRS board with the FUG2 and the car got terminal damage (damage set to full 100%).

Finally, the AI are madly slow at the race start and on some corners, can't name them now, but giving it a go should make it easy to notice.

7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

No idea, i was able to reliably replicate it at this point though.
    It's one of the things that still miss some tuning and this tuning is part of the AI behavioural overhauls that are in the pipeline already.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. TronLi

Right? Awesome game, too bad a sequel probably couldn't get green-lit today. Just imagine a game following the Peter Auto series'...

I am seriously looking forward to the Historic Track Pack, vintage Nurburgring + Spa and all the bias ply updates that will be coming soon, not to mention any additional vehicle classes that might come our way.

The inevitable GPLaps videos/streams about said historic content will also be great to watch and will bring more vintage fans to AMS2.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would comment that the same is true for AMS2. You can have a much more rear unstable (slidey) or stable car by dialing the engine braking setting.
    I am one of the guys who likes a biting front and naturally keeps a bit of maintenance gas to control it. Others may not like that and would maybe benefit from reducing engine braking (which in AMS2 means increasing the value of the relevant setting).
    I frankly find annoying certain conversations where people try to justify anything that does not work as they expect as inherent unresolvable flaw of the physics engine, generally in conjunction with dumb (with all due respect) prejudice and considering sim xyz as the bible.
    This has been a constant song for the past two years against AMS2, sometimes even pretty aggressively, so I believe that explains why the audience is growing thin in patience with certain statements.
    For the records, especially GT4s are quite sensitive to engine braking and especially when their tires are pretty cold which is usually the first several laps, after which the rear becomes a lot more stable.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

That sounds like some of my complaints about the M1 Procar a few pages back, but in the case of the Porsche GT4 I think the AMS2 car is pretty good and more or less within the same ballpark of how this car behaves in R3E and ACC.

I took it for a few laps around the Nords because of your comment and what I'm experiencing is a very stable car that actually requires reducing the TC down until I can kick the rear end out (this while driving more or less normally, but if you really want do do a donut with this car then you can, even with high TC), and if I drive it with low or no TC then the way the car loses and regains grip if I give it too much throttle on corner exit feels believable to me. I think it's a great car actually... very fun to drive and within what I expect from it from how it drives on other sims that I enjoy.

Your description however does remind me of how this car used to behave a few updates ago so I wonder if this is one of those situations where deleting the setup files and starting again from default might fix it for you.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Now were talkin' !
    Thanx,Ettore.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Andy Sperber

Andy Sperber Member

Hi! I will give it another try in ca. 2 hrs, have to setup everything, load and save the default setup, adjust maybe only the engine braking (high values = less engine breaking, will test low and high settings). I also will test different TC settings and the finally play around with diff. But first small changes or no changes from saved default. I have to make sure that the slide character coming form the car setup and not from overemphasized physics etc. . I try to get the car to my taste. One thing: I would be nice from you @David Peres if you can post your ca. time around Nürburgring GP track. I will post my time too after test, cause i think we need a kind of reference time, cause maybe we got another limits and beahaviour ;). then you can upload my ghost car and setup. cheers

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

What do you mean exactly by "slidey"?

Does the rear come around at corner entry? (normal for this car, apply some maintenance throttle and it should catch itself quite easily)

Does the car not stick to the road? (check track temp, check setup reset)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Andy Sperber

Andy Sperber Member

yo, i´ll do soon (next 1-2 hrs) and repost my experience! What i meant by the slidey thang is: rear stepping out too easy at first but then beeing rel. stable and you can "save" this further by pumping the throttle pedal to overdrive this normally critical beahviour and get away with poweron action. I feel kind of forced to overdrive to get into the top times if that makes sense. Overdrive in an unhealthy way, too far away form real life handling, even if that´s a sim i know. But maybe wrong setup/version, we´ll see soon... thnx

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Andy Sperber

Andy Sperber Member

Ok made a test, reset setup, played with different settings, still to hoovercrafty for my taste, car feels not on the road near the limit imo, to drifty if you will. I stop playing now for some time even if there are some genre leading aspects on this Sim. I think i'll give it another try later that year. A good sim takes it's time lik a good wine. I also need ranked MP to be honest (yeah, yeah). Meanwhile i wish you and Reiza the best! Do your homework and get that sim right.;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

So... is not how i like, get it right folks..

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I recently had an article published on Racedepartment about damage in sims (AMS2 being one of the examples used). Its been up well over one week and I intended to make a video to go with it but could'nt at the time due to certain reasons.

I finally got round to making it yesterday and im so very glad now that I could'nt make it at the time, because it would have been before the latest AMS2 updates.

The A.I. in AMS2 have been through their rough patches but have got better and better consistently with every update, but this latest batch is simply amazing! The fact that A.I. are now being taylored to each different car type is astonishing! I can't think of another sim that does this, and it really shows!

Previously I could not race F-Ultimate with anything above 0% aggression and 200% damage scaling else I'd loose 2 thirds of the field by lap 3 at Monza because the A.I. would race them in the same way they'd race Copa Classics or Stocks, i.e. they'd race like a little bit of contact is acceptible, well thats just not the case with F1 cars. Even with the agression at 0% I'd still loose a fair amount of cars through contact and moves you just would'nt make in an F1 car.

Since the update I've been able to do this with 50% aggression, 200% damage and the racing has been good!

This video would not have been possible without the amazing work Reiza have been doing with the A.I. and I also have to mention the work on A.I. paths at certain tracks has been fantastic to! In this example im at Bathurst (which must be a nightmare to program A.I. for!) in the V8's. The racing is as close as it gets! The moves the A.I. are pulling on me (and each other) are incredible! The work that has been done on their approach to overtaking have near enough eliminated prior issues and I am very, very impressed! I could not have had a better time making this video!

I know that there are still tracks and car sets that need calibration, I know there will always be room for improvement, but with the increasing amount of combo's that work bloody well now there are more than enough exapmles of how damn good they can be! I also know from the Dev update that theres more to come!
    For instance I'm really looking forward to seeing what Reiza do with their strategy and drafting ability when they release the oval tracks.

Im guessing A.I. behaviour is massively important in this disipline and probably has been a major factor holding up the release of such tracks, but im all for the wait if they get the A.I. right. So many other sims have tried and failed with A.I. Oval racing, but i've got alot of faith reiza are about to do something special.

As I've said so many times in these forums... BRAVO REIZA!!! Amazing job! Thankyou!

Right, enough of my waffle, check this muthafudger out!

• Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

This is an interesting vidéo ( even I had to tune down the sound because you was very excited ;) )

Indeed AI looked great !!

I notice the ability of the AI to brake on the grass as much as good as on the track on last corner before the finish Line .. with half of the car on the grass, good luck to brake. With Slicks, grass is like ice

19. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Totally disagree with this statement. The car feels on the ground for me and not slidy at all. Tried to Drift at Interlagos but it won't do it, none of it. In fact in some corners I can go pedal to metal or feather the gas pedal at or even before the apex and the Porsche gtr will comply.
    The only instance I can spin the car is under braking if I break late, use to much pressure and try to tail brake. The car won't like that at all. Not sure this is accurate to RL but knowing the car I can easily drive multiple laps without struggles.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree, this game is the cloest thing to IRL IMO. The only thing is the brakes seem a tad too powerful, but that is steadily being reworked.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3