1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 30, 2022.

1. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

I think some people are more sensitive to issues then others not a bad thing but can split the community. I personally agree and think the multiplayer is adequate and has issues but reiza have shown a will to fix them meaning I'm very happy they will do there best.

2. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

I don't think it is so much about missing the deadline, but more about the hype and anticipation that was build up until hours before it was delayed by a full month with these "getting hotter", "coming closer" and so on on social media.
    Had the delay been announced 1 or 2 days before (as Renato said the decision was made on Friday), there would have been a lot less complaining.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

From what I take from his words and others I think it was a late decision with Renato not even thinking he was going to have to do that.

4. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

All these discussions when, why, where and if V1.4 will be dropped are unnecessary. REIZA is a relaxed Brazilian studio where announces and milestones are depend on the weather, the rhythm and the caipirinha.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's exactly what it was. Things were rolling well in the beta until very very late. It sucks that it suddenly happened but it's part of life. Delaying was the right choice IMHO and when the users will receive a properly honed v1.4 they will be seriously impressed about it as we have been in beta.
    It doesn't mean everything in AMS2 will be fixed on that version but there will be quite some improvements all around together with quite an amount of additional content.
    Being patient will definitely be worth IMHO.

• Like Like x 8
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Ettore

So to put it in a meme that is very popular recently among some simracing streamers.. :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Paulo Frazao

Paulo Frazao Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry for my words.....Reiza likes to play with us.......but ok wake me up when this game is ready to play......
    What we needed? A good and stable MP with great physics like AMS1.... yes MP is one of the most important thing and that's say a lot of the business..... SP it ok but not rentable for a company.......

about physics: yes for all the players who complained about driving on grass, driving on grass should not being so easy its ok when the cars spinning around..... that's the simulation that is needed....

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Yet, they are the race sim studio that delivers updates in a fastest rate than any other... and not only fast, but also quality. Maybe foreign studios could learn a little more about productivity with "relaxed Brazilians".

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

I hope this update will be well polished and they promote this as a gigantic milestone update on social media and everyone gets wind of it, many streamers give it a try and a lot of people get interested in the game with it, it could be really big for AMS2.
    I don't mind it being delayed, just that it was being hyped and promoted until the very Sunday it was delayed on, when the decision as actually made on Friday according to Renatos statement.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  10. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Cool.
    Maybe we can meet some day to do some SRV racing on a 0.01G Planet *lol*

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. cristian51

cristian51 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

waiting for ovals since daytone has been released with the dlc racin' usa pt.1 back in the days. No problem for me waiting a few weeks more :)

12. Helleno

Helleno Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sim racing forums are toxic, I learnd it. But, man, some things here are going too far. People burns everyone that disagree, even in an understandable situation like a delayed schedule. And than hold hands, beside that same bonfire they burned people, to sing songs about how nice is here, about what a beautiful family they are, about how its good bo be only among friends. Of course there will be only a small group of friends if you move everyone with contradictory opinions away. And, sometimes, looks like it's all some people want: a small and precious piece of a mysterious software that only few people know. It makes you look clever, cool and special. Genetic algorithms shows us what can happen when you put no mutation between your solutions.

I can't believe some dude was hated to the hell because he told he is a customer, not a friend here. It's just crazy.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

I am Renato... they are Renato... we are all Renato... and, probably, tonight, Renato will be under your bed or inside your wardrobe, just waiting until you sleepy... and maybe never wake again... or not... could be a bad dream... or not... maybe... stay tuned!

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Could be a update.....

15. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just remember that it could be a lot worse

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Anthony 123

Anthony 123 Active Member

What is happening here. Iracing is my main sim and if I try to drive off the track, the game penalizes me. Even to avoid an accident often. How is this possible?

17. Ettore

It seems the esport grade boys found out that you can gain half a second a lap if you drive on the grass in the straights with two wheels. It's called tires dipping...
    And before your quali lap you better drive completely on the grass for good measure

iRacing 24H of Spa Showcases Strange Exploit

18. Anthony 123

Anthony 123 Active Member

This is interesting and I wonder how you could do such a thing and not get banned. My experience has been that behaving like this would end badly for you. That's why I play iracing, you have to try to be good

19. Ettore

Apparently iracing said they were monitoring the race but did nothing real time. Even if they ban the top dogs for a week after the fact no one cares because they all use their smurf accounts when they are not racing big events so it does nothing to them...

20. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1