1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 August 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 11, 2022.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Biggest difference is the tire, which will be a slick for the Mini B (possible that it will be also set to a more "sporty" config, but the biggest effect on behaviour is indeed the tire). The TC60s Mini runs on treaded vintage street like tires.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

:confused:
    My face shen the Class for Crappers is better than the actual touring car class.

3. PaulA

PaulA Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks!
    Sounds good to me!!

4. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

pretty much agree with what you said. However concerning the indycar circuits, I think that it would take at least an additional urban circuit. Belle Isle would be interesting because its historical version was used for the CART.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Raphael Camelo

Raphael Camelo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Why put slick tires in this category? They actually use street tires. Only Classic FL uses slick tires.

6. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

Actually, did they ever say it was in Classic B? The original post just says Copa Classic, although, the real car appears to be on treaded tires?

7. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

It's presumable that it runs in Copa B given the Puma it's racing against in the picture

8. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What you mean ‘the actual touring car class’ as there are lots of touring cars in the game. 90s DTM, mini challenge, brazilian stock cars and superv8 all count as touring cars so there is a wide variety of touring cars fast and slow.

Maybe you mean tcr, in which case that is an omission that one hopes will be fixed at some point

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

This is best in game recycling ….

Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

We originally based our Copa Classics in 2017 regulations, I´m not sure if regulations have changed since but back then there was freedom also in B class for national slicks so long as within the maximum allowed dimensions.

It´s likely true that the Minis that raced in Copa Classic were always on treaded tires, but there has been Slick-shod vintage Minis racing in Classic series elswhere, so it´s a case of creative licensing not only being allowable but pretty much the only viable choice - Classic series often have loose regulations so that more cars can make the grid, but from the game´s perspective there would be little value in another Mini 1965 running on treaded tires several seconds away from other competitors :)

• Informative Informative x 13
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As long as we get one version that isn't on crappy marshmallow tyres, I'm all for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

I´m not sure what is to disagree with that comment really, it IS indeed in-game recycling - the best type :)

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

At this time when the climate-crisis is on, the expression „recyling“ is a positiv wording. So keep cool @Renato Simioni

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. JAKS

JAKS New Member

Fantastic look ahead guys! Thanks for the hard work.
    Hate to be that guy...but still no news on being able to save my MP settings for the next time I play? or filter lobbies by ping? or any other basic SIM MP game features? I feel this is a massively underrated issue, and the lack of small features like this is one of the main reasons MP lobbies are so empty 80% of the time.

A reply to this would really go a long way to getting a lot more people back into this great game!

Thanks
    J

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  15. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can't believe the guys standing next to the yellow car could possibly be smiling. It looks like it fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. cristian51

cristian51 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

3,2,1, i need ovals please. i have no papers to do circles and my F5 buttpn is dead since last update heheh :)

17. TexasSpecial

TexasSpecial Member

I am curious, Texas Motor Speedway is in PC2 soooo why not? Indy does not race at Daytona, Indianapolis not included in a release with the Current Indy car?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. TexasSpecial

TexasSpecial Member

BTW: USA release out before the Sept4th indy car race at WWT coming up?

19. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

The plan is before September I'm thinking like the 28th and about pc2 they would have to re license it.
    Edit. I mean that reiza would have to license the track separately.

20. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

There is nothing to re-license to be fair. They would need to license it from the track owners and design the track themselves.
    There is no way to license anything from SMS/Codies/EA anymore (like EA would license anything they own xD) and even if they'd get to license the track design, they'd still need to license the track rights from the track owners.

Licensing is also no trivial affair and can take a long time to negotiate. Reiza has still to be careful with the available budget and cannot overblow their budget and hope to recoup the costs and they cannot wait for months on end to receive answers.
    Due to the lower content amount, Reiza already confirmed the DLC will be less expensive than parts 1 and 2. Maybe part 4 will be a nice bag of mixed goods, but that is for next year.

• Agree Agree x 3