1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I wonder why the difference?

2. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

No, but I always saw Spa as an Uzi.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. F1Aussie

And I would like to use kph as and psi.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Paul Fenwick

Paul Fenwick Member AMS2 Club Member

So just come back to this after a good 2 years... And 2 crashes to desktop already... Have only managed about 3 laps. Ffs

5. Br1am

Br1am Member AMS2 Club Member

You imply it is a driver issue. I think you misread my comment. I can find time with setup, sure. But there is even more time to be found on top of that when overdriving.

In a multiplayer game people go and find a competitive edge by using and abusing every trait of a sim. That means also slight imperfections that may exist. We’ve seen a recent example at the Spa 24h with another sim that made this painfully clear.

Now, to nuance my previous post a little, the grip issue is not that apparent in cars from series with peaky, grippy tires (formula vintage, ultimate, gt1, gt3 etc), but it is very clear in cars like the trainer, caterham academy, gr A, road cars etc. These give a lot of room to ‘abuse’ this driving style. Which doesn’t make sense. There is a difference between ‘some tire scrub’ (balancing on the limit) and just mashing the throttle and going sideways every corner to gain time (overdriving).

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Its an issue on your end. Most likely you need to downclock you GPU - its not stable.

Not exactly sure why you would post it here, tbh.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Paul Fenwick

Is that implying I've overclocked it to start with as I'm pretty sure I haven't?

8. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I know there will be people who will disagree, but my impression of the physics changes in the past few months is that Reiza is basically making cars less grippy. I tried the McLaren GT3 & GT4 at Nurburgring Veedol with default setup, cars feel unstable on corner entry and can slide under braking even with ABS on, and even with TC on cars have a tendency to slide way too much around turns. Not sure how much of that feeling is related to the AMS2 controller issues (controller filters that cause input lag, controller vibration is almost non-existent), but I've been finding cars in AMS2 less and less enjoyable to drive in the past few months. I use to drive a lot of cars in AMS2 but every update the number of cars I find enjoyable to drive keeps decreasing.
    I know there are people who think less grippy = more realistic, but I don't like that idea. I mean, in ACC cars aren't exactly easy to drive but they feel stable and have grip under braking and around corners and I feel I can push the car. On the other hand the same cars in AMS2 I feel I have to tiptoe my way around the track the entire time. The controller filters that cause input lag really don't help, I really hope Reiza will fix that soon by including the option to turn all the controller filters and dampers off.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

If you tell us the car and track combination you are using when things crash, it might help. A couple of issues with the newest content may be possible, but there does not seem to be any general crashing issues at the present.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. F1Aussie

Had a great race at autoclub road. The full course yellow certainly add an element of uncertainty to races. Just curious to know if we will ever have single waved yellows and not always full course yellows?

A couple of good shunts with damage. Would be neat if at end of race it said why they retired.

Last thing, I am pretty sure I noticed a yellow chrome or yellow metallic Mercedes gt4 car in the race. Is this a first for metallic / chrome liveries in game?

11. Paul Fenwick

Tried the Brazilian stock cars at watkins Glen and londrina so far

12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Those should not be a problem, so there is something else amiss.

Did you verify files via Steam?

Have you updated video, sound or controller files since the last time you used AMS 2 way back? If so, and also because so many things have changed in between, I would recommend deleting your user folder (\Documents\Automobilista 2) and starting with a fresh configuration. You will have to select and configure your controller again, but all else should be OK at default settings...at least until you confirm you are running smoothly.

Normally, there is no need to do this except in extreme cases like yours.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

Big fan of the physics changes with 1.4, but me and a group of friends have noticed the performance has took quite a bit of a hit with it. Lots of dips and inconsistency with framerates, and my GPU usage is stuck around 50% no matter what settings I use. Updated drivers and everything, didn't have this problem before. Friend with an RTX 3070 reported the same. Hope there is an optimization pass planned for the near future! WTT Raceway runs really poorly for me :(

14. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not implying anything. Just saying my experience is quite different. Not sure if you can trust exactly what people say over chat and even with that if their communication wasn't a bit blunt/exaggerated.
    My personal experience is that you can get within 0.5s of the world record driving clean without drifting and with clear difference (at least for my driving style) with baseline settings. My experience is that the people I race with and go faster than me don't drift the car like Ken Block.
    Therefore my conclusion is that there is something lost in translation somewhere whether it is verbal communication, FFB that seems to convince certain drivers used to certain sensations that their cars are drifting. Personally I'm more and more convinced by the day that people coming to AMS2 with a "baggage" from another sim don't find the same very defined sensation of what the limit is that they get in other sims, where the slightest hint of tires squirming means armageddon is not imminent, it's already there. My theory is that these people are genuinely convinced the sensations they get at the wheel is that front tires have gone past the peak grip and should quickly go into catastrophic understeer, reinforced by the FFB giving them this sense of tire scrubbing on the asphalt. I believe for some reason the common place has become that this is the signal the driver is overdriving or drifting the car.
    It will come as a revolution but that approach from most of the past gen sims isn't true to real life.
    I heard Tommy Milner explaining it in a stream playing a simracing title with other beta testers and developers: "There is optimal driving, then there is overdriving and then there is loss of grip and the car. What most sims seem to compress is the space between optimal driving and putting the car in the wall". In other word there is a space between optimal grip and losing grip where you are slightly slower than optimal that can be exploited against the way most simracers have been educated: "don't exceed peak grip or you will fall into hell". In reality you can be much slower by underdriving (as iracing & oth. have educated people to drive) than overdriving.
    It isn't a "problem with the driver" as in "you don't know how to drive", it's more a reflection on how users may have taken a certain habit to expect certain feelings and behaviors and take them for true and granted.

• Agree x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  15. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Im English and I want speed in mph, tyre pressures in psi, fuel in litres and temps in celsius. Can this not be accommodated? :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

That's interesting. I'm running it on a GTX 1070 with only shadows, reflections and environment dropped to High. Everything else is maxed out and I'm getting 60fps in all conditions with a full grid. If I only run in the dry, I can use my native resolution of 2560 x 1440 @60fps with everything maxed out. I always run it at 1920 x 1080 though, because it looks almost as good in all conditions (I have real weather permanently on). I do have a 3.79GHz Ryzen 9 3900X, and I get the feeling that this is doing the bulk of the heavy lifting.

17. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

I am physican and could i be able to get speed in m/s, pressure in N/m², fuel in m³ and temperature in Kelvin?
    Ähm......just kidding :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In my experience certain games make certain graphics cards unstable - it can be quite a random combination.

Obviously manually overclocked graphics cards are more susceptible to this, but I've had cases where I need to downclock a factory settings cards - one that was overclocked out of the box and another that wasn't. Usually a 5% downclock has fixed it for me in some random games. In other words: your card may work fine until you find one game that starts crashing it. To run that game stable you need to downclock for that specific game.

Ofcourse keeping all drivers up to date and verifying game files cant hurt. Moreover, I've also had problems in the past where there was an error in Windows files...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Raphael Camelo

Raphael Camelo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I did a test on it, I added 11 (totaling 17) new entries in the Passat Hot Car that originally has 6 skins available, but only continues to display the original 6 in the game. Was this a misunderstanding about this update or was it not implemented yet and if it is already working, how to do it?

upload_2022-8-28_13-22-38.png upload_2022-8-28_13-22-57.png

20. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member