1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I took @Dylan Hale advice which was to adjust fuel and radiator opening. I was dead last at skill 70 and low aggression. Like you describe at Fontana.

At Fontana I did an 18L race with 19L of fuel and changed radiator opening from 80% to 65% FUSA Gen 2 and won the race. I don’t like having to change default setups since I don’t know what I’m doing but it worked.

Next I’ll try increasing skill and aggression to find my sweet spot of fighting to get into top 5.

That said, 70% skill? When is was in top 5 at 100 before. Something seems off at least on the ovals I’ve tested in any FUSA.

Give it a try. The racing was fantastic.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. DoomVergil

DoomVergil Active Member

Radio subtitles not showing anymore after update. Have checked settings and found no solution to this. Example when brakes overheating, having fastest lap or sector times. And my steam and reizastudios forum username is used one of AI when driving f-classic gen3 model3, specifically number 43. How is that possible? Never happened before. I found that pretty funny and odd at the same time. :D

3. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have spikes issues, my fps get lowered momentarily (freezing the image) and my ffb disappear too. The issue repeat each 10~50s

My gpu usage is normal, it seems is a engine/phyisics issue.

Combos with different tracks (monaco, barthust, Spa-20 and 22) and formula ultimate gen 2.

4. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The C3 vintage touring has been debated over a bunch in a few Discord groups I'm part of. Personally, I absolutely love it, but I know many I race with absolutely detest the thing. The car seems fastest at a fairly generous slip angle, as if the tires don't have a high peak grip, but a wide operating window.

I've never driven one IRL, but it feels fairly similar to a lot of other muscle cars of that era in other sims. Still wishing we had a couple more cars in that class, but the 2002 and C3 are a blast around the WWT Short Course.

Edit: anybody else notice the "inside clip" and "outer zone" markings at WWT? :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  5. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm happy to report that the latest patch has massively improved the driving and racing experience of the Formula Trainers. They have gone back to being a hell of a lot of fun to drive, and the AI has been toned down so that you now at least have a hope against them*. AI strength <90 I can compete against them without overdriving. > 90 I can only compete by drifting and overheating the rears. 100, not a chance in hell.

Thanks yet again for all the incredible hard work and responsiveness to issues with 1.4.

* Track dependent. I used to benchmark my AI experiences on Oulton but for whatever physics or AIW reasons that track no longer has areas where you can make up any time (eg Druids, Island Bend).

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

These CART cars are pretty simple. I wouldn’t mind sharing setups. I always lower the front as low as you can go. The right sides are a 2-3 mm higher. Then I raise the rear so you’ve got the rake and that makes them turn in easier. Stiffen the rear bar to max, from 1-2 clicks softer in front bar. There’s a few more things. 100% turbo I don’t think that’s realistic, I made it in my 50 lapper but anything longer I doubt it. Weight jacker worked, not as much as it should

• Like Like x 2
  7. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the contiuous improvement.
    Most of the cars are in a good state now, but some regressions are quite evident as well.

Below the list of cars strongly in need of further revision:
    - Opala old stock (undriveable)
    - C3-R
    - F-Trainer (both)
    - Caterham (all)
    - BMW 2002
    - F-Vee

With different magnitude, but the problems are the same for all of them: wandering left and right even in straight line, excessive slip and too low combined grip.
    As a result, they drive in constant, unrealistic, slow motion drift.

• Agree x 12
    • Like x 3
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  8. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Rename spa 2020 to Spa Historic 2020

• Funny Funny x 8
  9. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Nah. Spa Modern (Easy mode)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The 2002 and C3-R feel great around the Nurburgring, bring on the 70's version (Spa too I guess)!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Txerokk96

Txerokk96 New Member

Totally agree with you, some cars Drive fantastic, other is just drift all the time, specially the ones that only have mechanical grip

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

But with mucho nicer FFB imo...:hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'll test them again as I've not tried again after the hotfix since no change was mentioned for them.

14. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sounds like you were on a server with tire wear-off? I just tried doing what you described and after about 7 laps my tires were toast & I had to pit. I see your concern and could see how with tire wear off it makes it a bit arcadeish' though...:rolleyes:

15. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I mistakenly wrote C3-R and realized I only drove the C3. So I gave both the C3-R and the RSR a try around the 'ring and though they also felt great (as do the Formula Vintages). I love the vintage content in AMS2, can't wait for more.

I'm rubbish at oval racing lol but it's been fun and I can see it growing on me over time.

16. NikitaOnline17

NikitaOnline17 New Member

Loving this update so far, the cars feel better than ever. I know you're not done with FCY mechanics yet, but if I could request one thing: in multiclass races, have cars resorted by class on restart. Or at least an option for it.

I also feel like there's gotta be... some kind of guide for where cars should be on starts and restarts. It's rare to see people properly get into double file one the pace lap, and I noticed on restarts people either lay back to get an advantage at the restart or do not stay single file at all.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

i could be wrong but I have never seen that unless it’s a league (iracing) and an admin could do it but it would be a lot of work and more then 1 live admin

18. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Just an note. Just tried the lotus 79
    First thing I notice is ffb is weaker and steering ratio feel wrong to my previous setitngs, so I check ratio and its at 20, never adjusted so dont know what is was.
    result is having to turn wheel lots more.
    adj to 26 (also recal wheel) and better though not as it was.
    Gain 100 overall as it has been for months
    Gain in car used before fix was 70 +- . now I have it at over 130 to have anything like previous.
    This is is compared to the Man truck Also tested while writing this.
    The truck is as it has been prior to fix's.. in truck setting 70 game setting 100
    truck ffb is as it was
    The 79 is the only retro test atm but the wheel setting has me supprised and stumped atm.
    since tonights fix.
    incar at 130 would have been unusable before and an arm killer.
    game wheel and in car settings are the same for months and never an issue before but above appears to apply to retro atm, will continue test
    edit beta at 20 ratio is as it was.
    verifying files for main and restart pc again

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
  19. NikitaOnline17

NikitaOnline17 New Member

I have no idea how complicated it would be for the game to do this automatically, but tbf I don't know any games that do this either.

20. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

we ran a HPD C6r & Ford GT2. We had live admin and we’d get a FCY they’d throw. It was realistic and fun but it would have taken 4-5 laps to sort the cars. Maybe one day …