1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Baron Bob

Baron Bob Member

As Mikael Pettersson put it I am strongly disappointed that this elephant of a bug is still not fixed. The only thing that is known about it in regards to developers is that they only planning to look into it when 24h races are introduced to the game. So I am not estimating a fix before the end of next year or even middle of 2024. The game has so many construction sites that I even can understand this. Perhaps I will come back to it by then. Or AC 2 is released before. I am shure AMS2 is going to be great sometime in the future but by then the playerbase might have been to frustrated and found something else. It is a pity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Baron Bob

Baron Bob Member

The problem exists since the relase of PC2 five years ago. It is definitely a bug related to the engine. I consider everything which is only to be fixed by the third future hardware generation a bug or engine problem. Slightly Mad never took care of it. In the same way they never integreated DX12 in the engine. Despite boosting about how well the madness engine would be suitable for it. So I am guessing it can be fixed by the developers. Or perhaps with a overclocked 4090. I am going to find out in a couple of weeks.

3. Raphael Camelo

Raphael Camelo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Any chance of bringing the TC2000 Next Gen to AMS2?

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I don’t know what Reiza’s contract with Slightly mad is, but hopefully they are allowed to make it compatible with dx12 and fix all of these annoying bugs. If they do it, the game will become EVEN BETTER and might rival other sims with a bigger team

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

This looks absolutely sick, I really want this in AMS2, it would be super unique and would fill up the sim's thin touring car offering. Would be a brilliant addition.

Reiza please!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

These cars looks all like the same with different stickers. Don't take me wrong, Tourism is one of my favorite categories and think that would be amazing if Reiza bring it to AMS2, but only one model would be enough, and I don't even bother if they make a generic car over the official specs of the TC2000.

7. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Totally agree

8. Racinglegend1234

I hope if we could get some Swedish cars. A Volvo 240 with the adrenaline pack would be very good.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Laulenture

If it even ends up happening, I just discovered the series but from what I read it's more of a revival project if anything. Also yes they are silouhette cars so the difference is mainly just bodywork in places. Anyway, I just want more modern touring cars. WTCR, BTCC, TC2000, the new TCR Brazil, I don't really care that much. Though I guess the more likely option is the latter

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

There using all the wrong cars Ford Puma, Renault Capture. Theres not much left of them I would much rather a club series like Clio's or Mazda's or fiestas

11. Laulenture

I think the Clio and Fiesta Cup are too similar to the Mini JCW and the Mazda MX-5 Cup is in another category. What I want is a top-tier Touring Car class, though I'd gladly take the MX-5 Cup with my TCR .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Racinglegend1234

Maybe they can get the new electric STCC cars

• Like Like x 1
  13. sci006

sci006 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Old dev update could have referred to TC2000

Argentina has an extremely rich motorsports culture, with several distinctive circuits spread across the country to host their incredibly popular and unique series. The tracks were originally part of a bigger project for AMS2 featuring one of these series, but sadly that got putonholddue to some licensing complications.

At that point we already had three tracks in fairly advanced state, so we figured we might as well begin our tour through Tierra Argentina with this neat track pack celebrating our hermanos and their fantastic motorsports history, while remaining hopeful we will be in position to gofurther in our exploration in the future.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  14. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Really like that idea, I think many people have asked for some form of touring cars and those seem to probably be the most easily realizable for Reiza.

15. Gerardo

Gerardo Member

The Turismo Nacional Clase 3 would be better... :D

16. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

This is why we have asked for an option to limit the number of AI cars whose headlights emit light / cast shadows when behind. The cars can still "show" a "lighted" headlight that you see either in your mirror on looking behind, but that light not cast shadow or create a beam, instead its just a non light emitting texture.

Will be interesting to see if anyone with a 4090 and VR notices a difference or whether this is just CPU crushing event. On my 3080 setup, night rain driving in VR when ahead of the pack (with very high settings admittedly) can crush the frame rate by as much as 60%.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Pretty sure they have the source code and can do whatever they want with it (except maybe use it in another game?). That was probably mentioned by Renato at some point in one of his posts here. It should be continuously developed until they start developing another title, which I hope isn't until 2025+ so we can all get some of our personal wishlists at least partially satisfied by future DLCs.

• Like Like x 1
  18. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

MSFS has gone dx12 a while ago , it’s an option , however dx11 still runs better at the moment

I think there’s a lot of work to make dx12 run as well/better before any advantages become apparent , I get the impression reiza is currently snowed under with ams2

19. Justdave

Justdave Member

Won't DX12 leave us Windows 7 users out in the cold? NO DX12 FOR YOU. NO CHEESE FOR YOU, NO SOUP FOR YOU.

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the whole VR issues thing is just the current state of the tech , it’s still in its infancy & the VR user base still seems to be a minority among users so the only user base being effected by the issues is the VR community.. in our league for example we have maybe 2 vr users for every 10-12 drivers. That said i think at some point the tech will advance enough to have smooth game play in all conditions, maybe the 4090 will have enough grunt to push the double rendering into something playable in night & rain conditions, but to hold the game developers accountable for a tec thats still developing is not really fair IMO ..

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2