1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 August 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Renato did tell us there was no update in less than a sentence - quoted below for convenience -

" "
    If there had been an update there would have been words between the quotes. We get the same discussions every month. It is easier to change your expectations than to try to change someone else's behaviour to meet your expectations.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Well, I did, and with my expectations, I also changed my behaviour. Not sure Reiza is happier with someone who rarely uses their forums and doesn't provide as much imput as he used to than with someone who interacts often with their community. But that's what their communication strategy leads to.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

at least in English the saying is damned if you do, damned if you don't.

• Like Like x 2
  4. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Exactly, at least we can make the impact by ensuring our end of the conversation is civilised so Reiza can comfortably keep us updated. Right now it's a very hostile environment where you seem to need a lawyer to speak publicly and even then that guarantees nothing ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

I don't think this is a hostile environment, the conduct on here is 98% decent and considerate.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

the issue is that they've delivered just two packs of the season pass,both incompletes...in two years.i think it's not worth to have a season pass for three years with the programed content for the year one not delivered.sounds good to xtend a season pass,what it's not so good is waiting for something already paid and not delivered without any mention on the forum since august

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Reiza has people from many countries on the team (check the credits to guess some of the locations based on names). Elections affect them, as do war zones. I think the Russia-Ukraine war has already disrupted their operations far more than any election could. There were details about this posted in the past and privacy needs to be respected, but let's just say important people on the team have had to relocate from their home country, work in the middle of a literal war zone, etc. And despite this, they remain loyal employees or contractors to Reiza and her customers.

Assuming you are an Aussie, let's also celebrate that some of us (I'm Canadian) can participate in elections with minimal or no disruption to our lives or safety. Our municipal elections occurred yesterday and it took a total of 5 minutes of my time to drop by the local polling station on my way back from a tennis match. My life is 99% unaffected (except by some very first world problems) no matter who won the election (and the same applies to our national and regional governments).

I can't even imagine having to uproot myself and my family to avoid a war or the consequences of a war. And I would like to keep it that way, but have to be aware that I am in a privileged position relative to a huge portion of the world's population.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

The laws about work rights are completely grey in Brazil and the best thing to do is to make it an open day.

Personally, I believe that they will avoid to deliver the update this weekend to avoid that any external factors break their modus operante. It's just a consideration over all of their history.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Remembering that labor relations in Canada and Australia are infinite more liberal than in Brazil.

In Brazil, vote is mandatory at the same time that working rights are very demanding on companies. Most the companies that I work with (most are TI) eventually have activities on one or another Sunday (the election day), but all of them close doors on election day just to avoid any legal headaches.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Marc Collins

That was my point. Things are not the same in all countries, especially elections, so I don't assume voting is a 5-minute, 100% safe exercise elsewhere. And this is not just about Brazil and the current election there, because the team is global.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

once again, if that were the case, they would have already said something by way of promotion on networks or here. as marc collins has said, reiza's team has been working non-stop these two months on the new content and features that Renato said that they would release in future updates.
    So taking this into account and seeing that the last update was in August it seems unlikely that we will receive the remaining DLCs this year. Anyone looking for information on steam about the season pass will see that it was released in 2020 but its content is not yet released. the only thing you see is a fairly ambiguous description of what it will include.
    This does not help the sim to be attractive to new clients. I understand that it is a small studio and that there are employees in very insecure places, that is why I cannot understand why (REIZA) stopped playing their great asset, which was their method of communication with community.
    If your development times are longer than those of the big companies, take advantage of the communication with the player base not only in this forum, but in other platforms.being very specific with what is in pre-release but without giving an exact date(to not create false expectations) everyone would be happier, I think.
    I wouldn't take 5 minutes of someone's time

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Marc Collins

Please read above...

If you and others repeat the same erroneous conclusions (that an update is not coming or that no more DLC will be released by the year's end), then I, too, will not waste my time trying to communicate here on this topic any further. There is no point if the messages are not read or are ignored.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

I have not said that we will not receive some of the DLCs this year ... or that there will be no updates. you seem to ignore parts of the message as you say we do. I have said that there are many DLCs and that it is very unlikely that we receive them all this year. some DLCs are a mystery, nobody knows what they will contain 2 years after the season pass is released. the key is communication

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

All my respects to you, Marc. I hope I am not being aggressive in my messages, English is not my mother language

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

Some people needs to travel a bit to open their minds. For instance discovering that in South America we also expend 5 minutes to vote. We don't live in the middle ages. Even we abolished the monarchy some time ago.

(last post about this, I don't want the off-topic the discussion to scale. But be sure that elections have nothing to do with Renato deciding to write a dev. update)

• Like Like x 2
  16. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

I'm brazilian and I can assure you that voting here is a 100% safe exercise take won't take more than some minutes to do in most parts of the country, and we're talking about a country with more than 150 million voters. Also, it's very easy for a guy to justify his absence in the voting, it can even be done by the smartphone on the electoral justice app. You can be sure that Reiza releasing or not a new update next days will have nothing to do with brazilian voting on Sunday.

And, please, don't believe in everything this "Jugulador" guy writes about Brazil. It seems he is a brazilian that hates his own country and is always bashing it when he has the opportunity to do it (here and in the RD forums).

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Brazil has one of the safest and fastest (if not the safest and the fastest) voting system in the world.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Off-topic: I love Brasil history.. In some sense its the successor state of Portugal after the prince fled to Brasil during 1807... :rolleyes::eek: and crowned himself King of Brasil. Leaving Portugal for graps for Napeleon, but Napoleon had other idea's

19. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

delete

Last edited: Oct 25, 2022
  20. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

Actually you can't vote by phone here. You can just justify via smartphone your absence in the voting, and people who don't vote need to do it since it's a civil obligation.

We also do everything else by the smartphone here.