1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 October 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 28, 2022.

1. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Indy will be so realistic that race starts will look like this

Last edited: Oct 29, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 6
  2. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes & No.. You will be able to load a preset then adjust a race weekend value you want to change although this new config will not be able to be saved for future use..

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

I'm kinda confused since @Renato Simioni previously said they wanted to avoid the Nissan and AMR getting little to no spotlight by bunching them with too much content.. But the only car we know of that will release with the next update is the C4, adding the two Group C and GT1 Nissans would both fit the historical theme and I think neither would eclipse the other.

Anyway looks like they already got Indiana in a working state, or at least the oval variant which is really cool! Makes me think I was right and indianapolis was always part of the plans for Racin' USA Pt3 but had to be put on hold because of licensing issues. Hopefully it will have early 2000's, 2010's and current road courses.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

5. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

A 1960-70 version is all i want!

6. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

If it's not customizable or saveable, I find the point of this feature very limited IMO. Maybe in the future it can be completed.
    I find on certain aspects that Reiza does not go to the end of the process. Another example is custom championships that cannot be replayed when finished. Allow us to save the custom championship model so that we can play it again whenever we want (without having to reset everything)

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, it baffles me a company like Reiza is doing business with him, a known cheater in multiple sims/games, and very proud of it as well, i sincerely hope they doublechecked every single code for exploits.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. Roy Niessink

Yeah, there is a (little) bit of a lot of things, instead of doing a couple things and finish that properly first, then move on to the next couple things to work on

9. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

yeah i seen stuff about a "master looser" (can't spell loser)

basically uses cheats and ruins peoples races

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Roy Niessink

Yeah, apparently Reiza dont have devs that can make/implement a radar themselves, which doesnt vote well for a lot of us expecting for example major changes to the multiplayer part

• Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. Sparviero

Sparviero Member

I really love to see the Chevy GTP but... to be honest I don't understand the logic behind the chosen cars and the politics of 1 class = 1 car. It seems that filling class/grids (and so SP) is not really important. It is great to have a GTP (one of my favorite classes) but against who? 962 IMSA-spec and Nissan missing. If American racing is a key area of AMS2 (and I'm happy with that), why don't add another DPi? Is it just a matter of licenses?

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 1
  12. WhippyWhip

i know he still hacks as a friend of mine was going for top spot in a hotlap thing on ACC not long ago and masterlooser went to #1 beating all the esports pro's, my mate came 2nd

now has me wondering if i want this update, what code is being put onto my computer?

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Dady Cairo

It is not uncommon for companies to cooperate with hackers, because they usually know the code(weak points) better, like the secret service.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

If we want so see it in a positive way, Nissan now got a bit more likely to come with there already being many classes they could compliment (GT1, Group C, GT3, DPi) and now GTP being added as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Roy Niessink

I know that, but i am not sure if you would want that if you are as what most in here call "a small studio", they are struggling with increasing the playerbase for a long time now, certainly this move wont help get people to ams2 if they know his name and his involvement, how little it might be....

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Roy Niessink

I sincerely dont understand adding yet another class with only 1 car, i think it would be better to first fill up some of the existing classes, the only positive side i guess is that with only 1 car in a class, we dont have to worry about which car is overpowered compared to the others, as is the case in for example the gt1 class...

• Agree Agree x 9
  17. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

With these great news of the dev update, maybe a next milestone for v1.5:
    Removal of debris! After 15min, parts still around or on the track
    ss131848.jpg ss132001.jpg ss132051.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

A lot of hackers are hackers because they are good coders and that´s how they demonstrate their skills - once they get an opportunity to use it for good they do just that. So far he´s been nothing but professional, and we are never shy about picking up talent from the community if they can help make the game better.

I think you should consider easing up with this kind of assumption, and generally the unsurmountable amount of nagging you do in this forum. While we don´t object to criticism of us or the game as can be seen throughout this forum, frankly there comes a point where it´s time to move on to greener pastures for your own sake and that of the other users.

• Agree x 37
    • Like x 11
    • Winner x 6
    • Friendly x 3
    • Optimistic x 1
  19. Dady Cairo

I don't play online,just a joke.:D
    He is a simple hacker proofing his skills.He does not push the "red button".

Edit: Ninjaed by the Sun God himself!

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. WhippyWhip

thats like saying "i'm going to prove my boxing skills by beating up loads of people in the street"

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1