1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 October 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 28, 2022.

1. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Fair enough. I just wanted to justify the 'obsession' with multiplayer in AMS2. It isn't really an obsession, but a natural expectation.

If Reiza wanted a different approach, it wasn't clear from the beginning that AMS2 wouldn't be league friendly. Especially when it was announced as the virtual version of the real life professional Stock Car competition. Reiza dropped the ball here, given the Stock Car decided to do it in iRacing instead.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Plus what was the other option? The only other studio they spoke to about buying their engine was Rfactor 2. Rfactor 2 is not exactly known for being a good online experience ether, so...

(And it doesn't even make for very good games as motorsports games has found out)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't think they set out for it to be this way, but rather that they were restricted by the tools they have at their disposal with this engine (seeing AMS2 is basically PC2 but fixed/upgraded and with different content). That's why it would be helpful if we would know what the possibilities are with regards to MP. Are we actually locked down in the P2P format? That's the only thing that bugs me, no clarity so all we do is keep on speculating.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. kallenhard

kallenhard Member

90% of that layout is still there, and is basically thoroughfare for the parking lots now.

I'm really hoping for more Group C cars and so I'm happy for the Corvette announcement, although like many, I'd still like the Nissan too. I just ran a 30 lap race at Spa '93 with the Group C, BMW M1 and Classic Touring Cars. I was an M1 and it was cool to be lapped, but also do some lapping myself.

• Like Like x 2
  5. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

The thing about the mp complaints is that it ignores the fact that Reiza has been stalwart and reliable in fixing things that don't work. What makes people think that they will not attempt to remedy when they pay attention to just about everything? RF2 has had broken things for years, sometimes to the point it is just about unplayable. Maybe it's because I don't care too much about mp for now, but I think it's a bit over the top to deride Reiza efforts on one thing they don't get quite right.
    AMS2 has content I've been dreaming about since my GTR2 days. I'm only here commenting and not driving because I only have a few minutes between now and dinner. After that, I gotta figure what to drive where. (I'm loving Brasilia so much lately. Never thought such a wide open track could be so much fun!)

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Unless Reiza has full code base access and has the resources to do it, I would assume that it is something that is near impossible to change. It sounds like a fundamental change in how the MP code will handle.

I hate that every damn game is so MP heavy so it is nice for some games to be more SP.

• Agree Agree x 10
  7. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I never play online, but I understand the frustration of those that do like the competitive aspect of online racing and I am sure the game would be better off with a bigger online community, there is nothing negative about a robust and content rich multiplayer experience. Did project cars 1 and 2 only use P2P? If they did and AMS2 has been in development some years now, I think there is a high possibility that the engine only supports that format, I mean 1+1=2 and all that.

Could be 100% wrong as well :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  8. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Back in the early days I was single player only as well, but once you race with other humans instead of AI that just loses it's appeal rather fast :D

All I'd like is some clarification, I want to help make this game better but it's difficult to do so when such a major part of it remains a question mark to all of us.

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the answer has been pretty clear as mentioned earlier in the actions of Reiza and their focus. It seems AMS2 will be a great offline simulator with a ever improving p2p mp experience and will likely never be able to do want many of you keep asking for...

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That sound tho...

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sounds like a gen 4 Nascar, damn

12. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

I am you from the past. I still ONLY play single player. I have no pleasant experience in online racing, not in AMS2.

13. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

W
    Wtf....

14. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope the suspension damage will get visual damage, I irk when I just see full suspension that has become detached in one piece.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, i totally agree, and if they were aiming for an offline simulator, as some people are stating, they could have just removed the multiplayer part alltogether.

A bit more clarity would be very welcome, especially for people running leagues.

16. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I dont know about that, as that video was posted just 2 months ago, and also on one of his steam profile pages he still mentions this:

Proud host of "MasterLooser15" and "MasterLooser LIVE" .
    Retired Steamworks Developer (banned for trying to publish 9/11 Flight Simulator).
    1 VAC ban on record | Info
    Multiple game bans on record | Info
    641 day(s) since last ban

I would think that if he was really reformed, the text about the 9/11 flightsim would be removed.
    Regardless of the fact he was creating a 9/11 flightsim, which is kinda sick if you ask me, but i guess there is a market for everything nowadays

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Guess its like hospitality we chef's have done our fair share naughty's alot more tamer now than it used to be 20 years ago...
    Because of the internet and soical media,had some people say they check people out online see if there good or what not.
    Can't believe he turned down ACC or if he's reading this what happend there?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Todd Norbury

Todd Norbury norbs AMS2 Club Member

I have been with Reiza 2.5 years. You're a bit late. o_O

• Funny Funny x 11
  19. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Number one Arse in Sim racing

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member