1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2023.

1. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

I've been on a vibe of "less downforce = more fun" lately, so my favorites have been the M1 Procar, Group A, Opala 86 they are all a delight to drive, specially with manual clutch.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Well I’m sorry for delaying V1.5 to next year

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I like low to medium downforce

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Turbo Granny

Agree, the Cadillac DPi is the limit of downforce to me it seems, passing that my brain cant quite follow the speed in the turns, and if it has big downforce and unreal brakes like Ultimate 1 and 2 it then becames undriveable :confused:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Apex

Apex Active Member

Bags of fun with the Group C stuff as well.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Based

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Turbo Granny

Also indeed, raced the Nissan yesterday multiclassing with the group 5 mod at Watkins, glorious.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you, I will give these a go this evening. I much prefer something with livelier handling. And I'll admit I've been spending more time with rf2 because of that, by default the cars there tend to be a little more hair raising.

Yes, the C9 has always been a favourite of mine too. I think some of the lower class prototypes are a lot of fun too, like the Roco.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The Procar is IMHO one of the best cars in the game. If you've got the skills, it's insanely satisfying to dance on the limit.

*cue absurdly beautiful footage of these cars in period racing around Monaco*

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

Procar in Gesamstrecke made me get lost from any other sim combo in the last 3 weeks! It’s that good that I just keep racing there!

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Meanwhile I had dinner, went for a walk with my dogs, helped missus in the kitchen, had a race in ACC and another in AMS2 and I had a beer to please me.
    What did you say?;)

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

Who knows if it's true, but let's be honest, we all know that there are companies who would/will/already use similarly disgusting tactics and sadly, we know that there will be certain people talking about how that idea is the best thing ever because it would make it so much cleaner online, forgetting that you could do the same thing without a real-world price tag with time delays and having to repair the car in the 'virtual workshop' yourself over a day or two.

Just like all the free to play games that stop you playing for a period of time but you could pay to speed it up, the mechanic only exists to make money from the 'whales'. They actively spoil your game experience to try and make you pay.

Terrible game and strategy IMO and will never give them a single penny of my money.

14. DavidGossett

Jokes aside, I'm quickly becoming aware of the real cost of little incidents in racing. Weirdly the most hit part of our car isn't fiberglass, but aluminum.

20230521_134230.jpg

Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ouch, do you guys have to cover all the repair costs?

16. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

While I hungrily wait for the RC of one of my top 2 favorite sims, I will talk a bit about my other top 2 favorite sim: iRacing.

Yes, I find the business model abusing. Especially considering they have AI now. I think they should let me use the content offline if I decide to stop paying the subscription.

Why am I still there (less and less, since I am more and more time in AMS2)? Simply because it offers things no other sim offers. It has the best AI, so when I want to race alone but seriously that is the best place to do so. And it has the best online service, specially for ovals. Ovals are the real difference for me. No other sim has online oval racing with proper rules. It is the only place where I can sit on the rig, pick an oval stock car and have an authentic experience in an online (or even offline) race. Period.

I really wish AMS2 can get closer in the long term in that aspect. Meanwhile I am taking advantage of each simulator in what it stands out, including those outside the top 2.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I enjoy almost every car in AMS2 bar the street cars, hypercars, karts and those front wheel drive demons in the Copa classes.

Love the open wheelers and specially going from the vintages to the modern ones, the feeling of how they got faster and faster is great.

The sense of speed and downforce in the modern F1's is amazing, can't wait to see how they improve that feeling even more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

Cars need love too but it looks like that one has been a bit of a slut. :p

19. DavidGossett

I believe so, I may have to double check what our insurance situation is. I know we had an engine fail on us and it was $25k out of pocket. Something about running too high performance of an oil filter if you believe Toyota, but we can re-use the original one after some work. Toyota travels with the series carrying all of the parts we need, so it is nice not having to carry spares for everything.

Stuff like this wouldn't really be appropriate to mimic in game apart from a career mode. The closest actual fun strategy part would be limiting your tire sets for a weekend (which we have to follow as well).

Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Should we get back to AMS2 or keep talking about IRacing?

• Agree Agree x 3