1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.1.0 & Hockenheimring Pack RELEASED - Now updated to v1.0.1.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 24, 2020.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Hey Simioni - thanks for the extremely quick patching of the setup save problem.:)

In relation to your comments about what you call "visual gimmicks" I have a question conserning replays.
    Is a replay in AMS2 some kind of 1:1 recording of the original car and path in the replay or is a replay as example seen from outside of the car only "reconstructing" the cars path between some recorded waypoints.
    Because to the best of my knowledge then most(all?) racing sims are only recording the simple waypoints - and then when you play the replay the "reconstructing" of the path and the cars behaviour in between these waypoints starts.
    Im not sure but the only sim I believe did actually record 1:1 the original driving was NR2003(and maybe its derivate iRacing).;)

2. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

For things like car positions, track conditions etc that is indeed correct also the case for AMS2 and in the case of LiveTrack it´s also why you can´t skip ahead and back the replay length. For some routines in physics, 3D animations and audio pipelines it is a bit more elaborate with a lot more data calculated in real time which can make for a really heavy replay if all data is recorded so some compromises are made.

You can always try improve those compromises, but that´s something you want to try play with only once the more critical work is out of the way :)

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
  3. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

With the mention of higher fidelity replays, are there any plans for having the replays displayed only on one screen when using a triples setup? They're already quite resource hungry when viewing them at such high resolutions.

4. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Pff, the only reason I'm playing AMS2 at all are the dynamic visual camber animations :p

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

Hi Renato, thanks for your informative posts on this thread.

About replay fidelity, I think it would be desirable to include in the future the full data for wheel rotation and pedal inputs. It will make replays a lot more informative regarding players who want to watch their driving later to analyze. Currently we need to record live cockpit gameplay to do that.

Also about replays, may be you can introduce fidelity levels for people who have the computational power to record and play the high fidelity ones, obiously if the core engine allows it. If my memory is allright, I think you can do something like that on RF2 currently.

Thank you!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Renato this final version of Hockenheimring seem to be missing some of the speed signs (200, 150, 100) in the classic version 2001 when you drive back into the "stadium" and 66 I think at the main straight.

7. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

Is it just my impression or the game colors (in track) are now less saturated? Also, is there an option or setting to increase or decrease color saturation?

8. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If you have enough time to be on here regularly writing really long posts on forums, you have enough time to improve your driving.

I am in the same boat as Micropitt. Some of the cars in ams2 were very challenging for me but I focused on putting in laps until I could tame them. My driving has improved greatly over the last month or two. My competitiveness online has improved exponentially.

In my opinion, if there are other people who are fast in a hard car, it means you as a driver have a lot of potential to improve. Otherwise you are somehow saying your version is broken but their version is not.

Even if the car is made easier it doesn't change this.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

visual effect > exposure compensation?

• Like Like x 1
  10. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

I'm going to try that. Thanks, Beccobunsen.

11. Beccobunsen

I' m with you, but, i some case like the ginetta supercup or stock car 2020 in spielger curve number 2..
    Always a little unsolvable with common sense, or experience in real driving. I enter the second corner of spielberg at 40 km / h and the car spin like a trottle, less tire pressure, spin, more aerodynamics behind, spin. I am very stubborn and i can do 40 restart try this particular curve..you have to bend to the rules of physics in Ams2 not the rules in real life.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Just to keep things in perspective, T2 at Spielberg is one of the most difficult corners in the entire universe of real racing. The top professionals make mistakes there and have lots of issues. No reason you should think you can hop in a sophisticated race car and ace it every time like you were playing a console game. I still have trouble with that corner in every car I drive every time I pass it on that track.

• Like Like x 5
  13. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

My personal conclusion with that corner (T2) is that it MUST be close to impossible to not spin off track in RL.
    The reason for this conclusion is that compared to AMS2 just test that corner in the sim that got me to HATE that corner - Raceroom :rolleyes:
    First I thought that it was some kind of bug in Racerooms TM that just gave up on this corner.
    But then when I changed my goto sim to AMS2 I realised that there must be some weird thing going on in that corner in RL - where it cannot be caused by some sim TM issue.:D

ByTheWay: For people who think AMS2 feels bad in that corner you just have to try Raceroom:)
    You will just LOVE AMS2 afterwards:p:p

14. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

At 40 kph aero won't do anything. It's all about mechanical grip (tire pressures and angles, diff locking, TC, springs stiffness etc.) and your skills in handling the wheel and the gas. 2020 Stock Cars are a handful in general out of corners, I can imagine what they to at Spielberg's hairpin. You just need to keep learning how to use the gas pedal there and improve your car's settings.

15. Beccobunsen

I have no problem in this t2 with sprintrace, f1 varius generation and other..., and believe me, at this point i know how to use gas pedal..and no, i'm not a console gamer.
    When the ginetta start spinning , start spinning, generating angular momentum
    not justified by the quantity of incoming energy.
    Well, i keep trying...and learning how the gas pedal work. ;)

The first step is to recognize the problem, Hi I'm Ginetta and I have a spinning problem

We need a New 3d, "The Spielger T2 Thing."

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  16. kodnin

kodnin Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I must say I find T1 a lot more challenging, carrying the right amount of speed, turning in at the right moment, don't overdo it on the throttle and watch out for the sausage kerbs and track limits.

17. Beccobunsen

No problem at all for me, (no problem with ginetta also) is the t2 my enemy, perhaps is the little climb that desconnect the front wheels..

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I thought it is because tyre slip angles do not work correctly in simulation games at low speeds.

19. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not talking about slip angle, but rather cambers, casters etc. Most likely in that situation I would tweak tire pressures, diff lock parameters and if nothing works probably a bit more of TC intervention. But again, I doubt it comes from the car being broken... Just my opinion...

20. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Honestly, you lot really need to think outside the box. Spielberg's T1 & T2 are exceptionally easy if you choose to drive on Spielberg '74 instead. I take them full throttle and drive in a straight line. It just takes dedication and hard work. ;)

• Funny Funny x 6