1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[0.9.7] Wind..? (+ suggestion)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Coanda, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Wind that is reported by cardinal direction or dial (arrow gauge) reports the wind by where the wind is coming from and not by where the wind is heading to.. eg --->N would suggest the wind is coming from North therefor the wind is North to South. Personally I find this a little confusing when racing at 250 kph however once you are aware it's no big deal. In ACC they swapped this logic around whereby the live wind gauge now reports where the wind is heading to as it was causing some confusion.

How is it reported in AMS?

The HUD in the pit garage tells you the strength of the wind and the direction however there is no way to know how this translates out on track. For consideration please place cardinal directions on the circuit map to indicate the direction of the layout or better yet please place a live wind direction dial that can be either seen in the pit garage UI or the HUD or both..

thank you

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not convinced wind is that huge of a factor...and not a high priority issue when trying to get 1.0 out ASAP compare with many other outstanding issues at the moment.

3. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm only seeking clarity. It's up to the devs what they prioritize.. Wind in ACC can be 40-50 kph which is a factor. It can effect your top end by 10-15 kph for a GT3.