1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(1.5.1+) AI "brake testing" when blue flagged

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Racing Heart, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Racing Heart

Racing Heart New Member

Hi everyone. I've been using All Cars+Tracks mode to test out multi-class endurance racing, in particular mixing the Metalmoro AJR and Boxer Cup cars together. The 1.5.1 patches were a great improvement to the AI drivers' race craft, but in the process, a new problem was introduced: the lapped AI cars will brake heavily while the "lapping" car is about to complete the pass.

The video below is a demonstration of the AI doing this:

The first example shows a single blue Boxer being lapped by a few AJRs: he brakes unnecessarily, as the AJR is way more than quick enough to pass cleanly under these circumstances.

The second example shows a rainbow Boxer being lapped around a shallow corner by the faster cars: despite being in a position where driving at normal pace would pose no harm, he still brakes anyway.

As a result, running mixed class races are slanted significantly in the player's favor, especially as a slower class car, as they don't have to slow down so drastically to let cars from the faster class/es by.

@Renato Simioni, could this be looked at by Reiza? Even if it were a quick-and-dirty toggle in the SRS to disable blue flag pull over behaviors altogether by setting BlueFlags in the SRS files to 0 (no flags) or 1 (advisory only), I believe it would still be a significant improvement over the new behavior introduced in 1.5.1 and onwards.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Racing Heart

Racing Heart New Member

A gentle bump for @Renato Simioni and company, don't mean to be pushy. Can record more videos and upload replays if need be, but I think the above post demonstrates the issue at hand well enough.