1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 min lockout on joining a multiplayer server.

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by bloozmahn, May 9, 2020.

1. Madonion

Madonion Member

Odd im in south africa and have never had a disconnect? i am cabled in though via lan.

2. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, yes and no. I don't find it odd that you never get disconnected. Too many variables to begin to understand why. I find it odd that I don't have this problem in other sims. Nor did I with PC1. Granted I haven't tried that game in quite a while. Not making a big deal, really, just a mention here and there in the hopes that someone may have had the same issue and found a cure, or the culprit.

3. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

So case in point last night. On a passworded lobby we had a 20 min practice, 20 min quali session, going into a 40 min race. After quali one of the guys had an issue with the game and was dropped. No way of him joining in for the race even to start from the back so we had to restart the server with a random grid for the race. Being able to have the option for people to join in even if quali has finished would have prevented this. Ideal for password lobbies.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Exactly, this "feature" has been a nightmare for a lot of PCARS2 leagues. For whatever reason, somebody from the league may be disconnected in the last moments of qualifying, their PC may have a reset, they may need to quickly leave the session and join back to pick a different livery, there are a million reasons why this can happen.

And when it does, then they must do everything to try to join within the 3 minute mark, and sometimes they do not manage to do it and then all sorts of problems arise...do we restart the server? And the guy who got pole now must lose it? And what if something similar happens again, do we restart again? Those are very common scenarios, happened multiple times to every league out there. causing trouble for no reason really.

IMO, at the very least, this feature must be an option.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. GuiltySpark704

GuiltySpark704 New Member AMS2 Club Member

This....this times a thousand. The first sim to steal the GT Sport online model...I will be all over it lol

6. OldGamerGazza

OldGamerGazza Member

I have joined many online games but I too struggle to stay connected and hardly ever get to race, I don’t have the problems with other sims, I only like to race online:(

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm stumped as to why this is happening. I join the lobby. Leave the pits, and cars are sitting motionless all around the track. Then I lose the connection. So weird.

8. OldGamerGazza

OldGamerGazza Member

I usually am able to drive around the track, but the same as you all the other players freeze at some point, I can still continue but get the message that I have been disconnected, very frustrating but pleased to find out I am not the only player with the problem.

9. Chin

Chin Member AMS2 Club Member

My $0.02... Every person that is rejected from a server near the end of qual is a potential racer in every other server that is not within 3 min. So, 'your' server may be benefiting from another server rejecting a racer. In the end, you don't 'lose' any players, it is a wash.
    I personally like a buffer (maybe 3 min is a bit excessive?), but it should be defeatable for dedicated servers.

To be a bit controversial... I think lobbies should generally have longer qual sessions. I suspect that is more of a problem...if one picks a 10min qual session for example, it is pretty hard to get a lot of people to join in that small window. Unfortunately, based on looking in the lobbies most don't find value in long qual sessions.