1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3PA a possibility?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Obbzy_XR_, May 5, 2020.

1. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Member

Been learning the ins & outs of AMS2 for about a fortnight now. Very promising I must say.
    If Reiza can get that tyre model to feel more 'connected' to the road it'll be a winner.

One question. As AMS2 is unlikely to have modding support, how will content grow without community involvement (Like in AMS1)? Surely there are ways around this impediment?
    One solution would be to adopt what ISI started doing in rF2 before they sold off the game to S397! Third Party Affiliates could take up the slack? There are plenty of exceptionally skilled modders out there who would jump at the opportunity to produce quality work. Reiza could contract them to build certain cars,tracks or addons, and pay them a percentage of the DLC fee that the customer pays? If Reiza were too concerned about releasing the code, then the bulk of the work could be done by the 3PA modders, with Reiza implementing the final stage of bringing the material into the game. This would ensure there are quality controls implemented before a track/car/addon is released through Reiza doing final testing.

With this approach, content can quickly be made, and innovations introduced by modders who have heaps of experience. It would also mean they would be compensated for their efforts.

Win win...

• Like Like x 1
  2. blanes

blanes Member

Sounds like a great idea ... wouldn't licensing the tracks still be the biggest hurdle to overcome though ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Eh... While I'm not against the idea in principle, in rF2 is see the problem that the 3PA tracks haven't been updated in years, due to whatever reason. I'd rather have all content on the same level than have certain pieces fall behind. You also can't everwhelm the market with too many DLC.

Speaking of, Reiza already have quite the DLC list, and not everything has even been revealed yet. If the can afford to handle AMS2 like they did AMS1 there should be plenty of free content sprinkled in between. Honestly, content doesn't worry me at all regarding AMS2.

4. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Member

@Gevatter Sorry, I think you misunderstood. I don't mean using the rF2 3PA content, I simply mean Reiza could utilise the concept of 3PA to cover the loss of the modding community's ability to add products into the game, like they can in AMS1...

5. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

No, I know what you mean. What I mean is that while 3PA was a good thing for rF2 back in 2014/2015, those tracks haven't been upgraded to the latest materials and shaders, and probably won't be because the rights for those tracks don't lie with S397 but with the 3PA developers. That might be the same situation for Reiza. Other than that 3PA would be a good idea IMO.