1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a wonderful simulator, though !!! ....

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Germano Cervini, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Member

good morning, I do not understand why such a good 360 ° simulator, physics, graphics, audio, wonderful FFB, is not so successful in Europe where I live, I personally find it, excluding the serious lack of the "competition system", the only real competitor to Iracing and Rf2, what do you think?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Hallo
    Völlig deiner Meinung . Ein Simulator muss für mich so real wie möglich sein. Ams2 ist für mich das beste was es zuz Zeit gibt, mit vr, motion rig, direct drive wheel ohne Konkurrenz. Ich spiele nicht mal mehr iracing oder rfactor2

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Member

please write at least in English !!!, however my question was: why a SIM as current motoring 2, which I find almost perfect on everything, has not been so successful in EUROPE, absurd!

• Like Like x 2
  4. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think a lot comes down to established positions of other titles and AMS2 is perceived as Project Cars 2.5 due to Madness Engine used. All this combined with unfinished state and Early Access feeling gives the market share which I find quite accurate.

A lot of people do not just "click" with it as it feels quite different than other titles triggering "realism" conversations and people are keep labelling it as simcade, which doesn't help with growing user base.

Once the development cycle gets closer to the end the share should rise, however who know what'll happen in the next couple of years...

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Member

Automobilismo 2, excluding IRACING, is the best SIM in circulation, both with FFB and physics, who says that sim-arcade?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

My personal critical points cannot explain why AMS2 isnt more used than it is -
    But
    as example the replay system is completely unfinished and does only cover the most rudimentrary functions that should be found in a racing game in 2021.:rolleyes:

But worst(IMO) is the save/load function of the setup file system that is a complete and utterly joke.
    If you like me have about 5-10 different setup files for each car destributed on all owned tracks (= 80-200 setups in total) then it takes about 30-40 sec to save/load one single setup!!
    More than ½ minute!:rolleyes:

The reason is that even if you only want to save a single tiny change in ONE setup(!) then the game does rename and load/save ALL 80-200 setups for that car.o_O
    And after that the game has further to change the index file holding the names for all the renamed setups.

ByTheWay: No this does NOT explain why AMS2 is not more used as it is but it says something about Reizas missing priorities (IMO).:cool:

7. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

If a sim had AMS2 accessibility, AMS2 VR performance, RF2 physics (you can see the ai slipping and sliding as much as you are), f1 2020 career mode, then I'd get it. The trouble is every single sim title has a flaw somewhere. I guess honest reflection provides the answers.. otherwise cars not behaving as you might expect, ai running a different tyre model and driving into hay bales rather than concede a corner etc etc might be issues keeping people away.
    I love ams2 to bits and am very impressed with the pace of updates but it's lucky there's not another sim with a half decent single player career that also does vr..

8. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Hehe I think I have said it several times but I think all commercial racing sims can be lucky that iRacings tire model is so lacking any "realism" as it is when driving on the edge of tire/tarmac adhesion.
    Because most other part of their complete 24/7 system does work reasonably close to perfection.:)

ByTheWay: This iRacings TM issue has been argumented by both a lot of existing members - and also by a lot of non sponsored pro RL drivers.;)

9. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Member

I consider RF2 a simulator up to the level of IR, but I don't think it is superior to AUTOMOBILISMO 2, the latter, I consider it very real and in some ways superior to RF2.

10. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

I forgot about iracing, largely because I will never endorse a payment model like that with my cash. It's also got its issues I guess..

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Yet rf2 is the platform of choice for most of the big esports events.. again some objective reflection might provide some answers.
    Like I said, I love ams2, it's the only driving sim on my rig right now, but let's not pretend it's capable right now of being the dominant product in the market. Maybe at some point but I the numbers out there speak for themselves and one can only draw reliable conclusions from looking at what is, not what we would like it to be. I think the approach of evolution not revolution is a good one, but I'm also concerned by the same fundamentals that basically plagued pc2 and which are well documented.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS2 is lacking too many relevant features to be able to safely host big or small esports events. There is something instrinsically weird/wrong with the multiplayer system when compared to the other titles, but I can't really figure out what it is, it just feels a less smooth experience. I suspect it has to do with the P2P, but I don't have any real data to claim that.

Aside from that, the game is also quite a bit unpolished all around and the big players are already well stabilished in the market.

I also believe the public has not found yet all the potential of the sim features, such as dynamic track and weather.

13. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I reckon too many just want 1pm, best grip so they can go fast lap after lap. People were crying that variety is the key yet majority of lobbies in ACC are dry Monza in daytime with optimal grip. Or Spa with the same settings. That's pretty much it. Even great GT4 class is near forgotten...

I don't think majority of our simracing community is ready for those changeable racing conditions and want to drive in whatever they are fastest, despite the fact that conditions are the same for everyone.

Finally - one of great AMS2 features is the fact that if you push for too long the tires will drop performance, so managing tires is a great thing in AMS2. But it stops from pushing all the time hence it's not mass market thing. That also reflects on its popularity. Sadly...

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Agreed. Once its a polished article it should be pretty amazing. It's an aggressive roadmap that Reiza have laid out and I'll be amazed if it doesn't slip somewhat. It's fair to say that it's still early days..

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

I think all racing sims have flaws but people become so invested both financially and personally they seem unwilling to acknowledge them. Couple that with the need to spend a considerable amount of time & patience to set them up to your liking makes it so tempting to go back to your favourite sim and dismiss trying others.

Even AC whom according to some is the king of realism i find has such deep rooted flaws i find hard to see past and once i got AMS1 setup rarely went back to play it as the AI are dull to race against and online it is the usual dull tracks and cars in pickup servers (only the DTM was fun). PC2 has the same latter issue although this is not the fault of the developer but of the user base.

I completely agree with Sgsfabiano's point that AMS2 has one of the most visually impressive day/night transitions along with track and weather dynamics most sims lag behind. Even with AC weather mods they are visually impressive but the wet and transitional physics are imho dodgy to say the least, but this seems to be glossed over as it is WIP and modded content. Having weather without the physics seems pointless to me and just a showcase of visual effects with no substance.

This wasn't meant as a critique of Assetto Corsa but an example of how even the "gold standard" of racing sims to some has flaws which people will disagree with to the death or gloss over. AMS2 has flaws but the core of the game is that it is fun to play and has a huge variety of cars, tracks and conditions which stops it becoming stale to me and the AI i find fun to race against for the most part.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. mansell

mansell Active Member

how can someone answer something essential to questions about opinions and preferences? the statistics answer and have been tenacious for over a year now. one can interpret the numbers as it suits him, but no one can't ignore them.
    If you personally like AMS2, what does it matter if most europeans (only???) prefer kunos simulazioni games?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  17. Danielkart

18. Danielkart

Ich schreibe in meiner Sprache mein Freund, ich bin in Europa Zuhause
    Schon mal was von Übersetzung gehört ?Das geht ganz einfach

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Da dies eine internationale Plattform ist und der Eröffnungspost in englischer Sprache formuliert ist, kann die Kommunikation in englischer Sprache eine große Erleichterung des Leseerlebnis liefern.
    Strg + A und in den Übersetzer hauen ist jetzt auch kein Akt für den Antwortenden selbst. :)

----

Because of this here being an international platform and the OP being formulated in english language, the communication in english language might ease the reading experience big time.
    Ctrl + A and punch it into the translator is also no big deal for the responder. :)

To not go too far off-topic:
    ^Basically this. There is so much stuff to come still and things take time for a small studio to realize an overall polished state for some features, some more than others but the track record and lightspeed dev cycles should already be a hint, that objectives will be met! :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Geht das so einfach? Wieso machst du das dann nicht? :(

• Agree Agree x 3