1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AI being stubborn

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by MasterLooser, Jun 5, 2021.

1. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

i am not sure if i am missing some settings or what but both in the current and all the previous version i found that the AI is just stubborn.
    i usually race them on very high difficulty (around 120 on most tracks), and they are usually pretty slow around some turns, but once i get along side them, they never seem to pull out or give up.

as an example bathurst's downhill section, ai on the outside, and they just stay side by side and eventually kill me cuz they didnt bother to slow down, instead hit the wall and transfer the crash into me

i tried to have the aggression as low as 50, and it stays the same.

it might be just me expecting something that isnt expectable, but looking at racefootage around bathurst and racing in general, u usually see someone pulling out instead of staying side by side in such a technical sector

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

Race GTE at 100% aggression at both Daytona Road Course and Long Beach. These two circuits make Bathurst AI look like they are being super polite and courteous.

3. YZAKY

YZAKY New Member

For me, in Bathurst, I find that the AI brakes too late on turn 2 and therefore is too slow on the exit.

And above all, at turn 6, Griffin's mount, the AI brakes when it is almost a flat out and is found so slow at the exit that I know that I have an almost free overtake there ...

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

i tried AI on laguna seca at 120 diff and 40 aggression, with the DPI and i couldnt make half a lap without getting kicked out or atleast ran into :D
    the GTE on that track is actually quite driveable with the AI, i found them to be pretty good and almost up to my pace at max difficulty

5. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

I completely agree. I really enjoy racing GTE AI at Laguna, they have given me some fun races and I honestly have no criticisms about Laguna. This is what makes it more frustrating, that the AI at Daytona and Long Beach are so bad. I know Reiza will sort it out in the future, but for now, those two tracks for me are hot lappers only.