AI, Corner speed and acceleration

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by SaxOhare, May 16, 2016.

1. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it possible to give the ai a higher corner speed and less acceleration?

It feels like they give me a brake test before several corners and accelerate faster then i can,

I need higher corner speed to accelerate as fast as they can, but i don't have this speed because they just stopped me doing the brake test

Can i adjust this with talent files?

2. P*Funk

P*Funk Active Member

In general I've found that AI tend to have their biggest issues in carrying enough speed through corners and as a result in order for their overall lap times to match yours it means they often drive corners unrealistically making straight up racing rather difficult, either being too fast in places that should allow you to pass them or being too slow at the entry to critical straights while then magically accelerating.

One of the worse examples I think is on the modded Catalunya where coming out of the final corner AI are often so slow that you have to avoid rear ending them, rather like a speed differential that's nearly as bad as what we saw with the two Mercs at the latest running of that GP.