1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AI Cornering during Elevation Changes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shaxy, Jun 28, 2020.

1. shaxy

shaxy New Member

First off, this game is fantastic. The best sweet spot I've found between simulation experience, AI, and ease of use.

As a point of discussion before requesting an adjustment - Has anyone else noticed that AI seem to really struggle with breaking into corners that have steep/rapid elevation changes, but then can hammer it while exiting the same corner? I've noticed it mostly on GT Ultimate cars. Great examples are turn 7 and 11 at VIR North, Donnington National turn 7 and 8. Also noticed they have some wizardry acceleration after a tight chicane or rapid change of direction like turn 4-5 and 10-11 at VIR North. It's like their car is on rails or has completely god-like traction control. I can match their line and RPM but they can hook up and go while I'm left fighting the rear from stepping out.

Changing the AI strength doesn't seem to effect these corner exits where I will otherwise lose the rear if I try to match the AI. It does however make them slower/faster everywhere else where overtaking becomes predictable. At VIR North, I can turn a 1:21 in the GT ultimate stock which is hauling ass IMO considering F1 is around 1:17 and superbike 1000 is around 1:23 IRL. And that's pushing it - sliding the front and rear in most corners with warm breaks and soft slicks.

...I also could just suck. I road race bikes on track and know jack squat about auto racing.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Member

The AI in general needs a lot of work. They ram you like you're not there, and sometimes pit 2 laps in a row. I assume it will be worked on a lot in the future.

• Like Like x 1