1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AI issues with current build

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by LewisBloom, Aug 14, 2021.

1. LewisBloom

LewisBloom Member

Hey guys,

is the current public build got any reports about the AI?

The AI the last update seems to have taken a massive dive toward being barely usable? They use to be great they would react to your car and give up corners when you had the inside or where far enough in front for it to make sense to give up and continue fighting.

Now it seems that I end up quitting races and just shutting down more and more after being rammed smashed and crashed off the track. Ive got AI at 90 and aggressiveness from 50-90 seems to make no difference. In fact its so bad I did some testing this evening and sure enough I ended up regular being smashed out the way like a need for speed game aka like I dont exist in the game. They battle themselves reletivily well but why don't they "see" the human cars, at one point they pit manoeuvre me sideways and keep driving with me 90 degree to the front of them just being slid along lol.

I've had friends of varying skill levels mention the same as we like to race online together and often include the AI to keep a full field but the AI just smashes us so much compared to previous experiences, no matter the track or car combo it seems to happen. And with multi-class being smashed into by lower classes you technically are not racing is a real PITA, esp at the start of IMSA style races where the GTE and GT3 performance are close enough that at a start the GT3's will try and smash there way through the GTE field before the GTE class has a chance to pull away.

Will this be addressed in the next update or is there some magic AI and Aggressiveness setting to make the AI usable again in the meantime?