1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AI Mistakes?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by DaveC187, Jan 31, 2021.

1. DaveC187

DaveC187 Member

I'm wondering if people are seeing AI make "human" mistakes, such as loosing grip, spinning out, crashing into walls, etc.
    RaceRoom has fantastic AI and I have seem them make human mistakes, crashing, spinning out, etc. It adds so much emersion to a race.
    I have not seen this in AMS2. Just wondering if anyone has noticed this or maybe I am just not seeing it.

2. ControlLogix

ControlLogix Active Member

The only thing I've seen so far is that sometimes 1 or 2 AI cars will go off the road. I never see what causes it, but I will pass them after they have already gone off. So they do make mistakes sometimes. I would like to see more though, like losing grip, oversteering, locking brakes etc. Hopefully it comes in time.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Have a look in the replay ;)
    Yes they do make mistakes, i have the Ai at 103-107 difficulty 90-100 aggression and see some mistakes from time to time. They could do with more but i'm sure as Reiza get all the nuances worked out this will come more.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Yes they do but the aggression level will make a difference as well as skill.
    Fine balance to achieve for devs "perfect" no error ai to more human with occasional errors.

As aside some say the ai is too slow and yes they are {car track dependent} but to say they are slow at 120/50 is not a fair. Aggression level will make a big difference from what I see.
    test show they are correctly faster at Agg 100 than 50.
    So to see more errors from them, try bumping up the aggression, they will pass each other more and maybe make errors more.
    Running 120/50 is poinless to expect a decent race from them. 100/90 or 110/100 will give a better race.
    Edit
    For Procar fans Try 120/100. blow them off at start by slipping clutch then they will try like hell to catch you and retake their positions (my case with success lol) makes for a hell of a race
    trying to stay ahead of them.

5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I guess users who allways are veery positive about the state of AMS2´s progress consider a lot of odd AI "events" as "human" mistakes while users with a more critical approach consider the same events as AI bugs/issues :D

ByTheWay: Without digging into the algoritm code behind such events I guess its pretty impossible for plain users to decide is this an intended mistake or is this an AI bug;)

• Agree Agree x 1