General AI Performance Discrepancy Reports (No Discussion)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 14, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

GT3 too slow in the rain in Austria.

I qualified P4 on 113 strength. In the rain however (also in other classes than GT3, so maybe this is even something for the AI line redo thread, but I didn't notice this so much in the dry) the AI lose a lot (!) of time through the two long off-camber left handers, especially on the exit of the second one.

They also brake too early for the downhill braking zone before T5.
    This is also something that happens in other classes and also happens in the dry.

2. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Thread moved from the Paddock Club to the open forum so all users can contribute with reports of persisting AI discrepancies (please no discussions to allow thread to be focused on the reports).

• Like Like x 2
  3. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned already here, but the ai line severely overlaps the pit exit line on the run up to T1 at Azure Circuit. This becomes a problem for the player when exiting the pits, as the ai cars will either ram you from behind at full speed, or phase through you completely, which is particularly jarring in VR!

it happened to me twice during practice/qualifying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

A thing I've noticed with AI when using DRS. The AI only seem to use DRS once, if for some reason they come off the throttle when the DRS is active, they don't seem to activate it again. Easy to see an example here:

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Dicra

Tried to do a race at Jacarepagua, 61 laps, car fully fueled for the entire race, but frankly lost motivation because:

F-ClassicG4 120 AI in qualifying: 1,21,0 vs me 1,20,1

F-ClassicG4 120 AI in the race on lap 2-3: 1,24,5 vs me 1,26,5

One of these needs an adjustment of three seconds. I don't care which, but AI still loses by far not enough time with high fuel load (or doesn't win enough with no fuel). I also wanted to test if they got slower towards the end of the race, but I crashed before. I guess they kinda have to be slower at the end - after all with no fuel in quali they also are a second slower than me.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Its not their pace, its the fuel weight issue, there are some classes in need of fine tuning.
    RetroG3
    HitechG2 (Haven't tested the G1)
    ClassicG1&G4 (in the G1 its mainly the Lotuses that where OP before, haven't tested them in this latest release)

I had no issues however with the following:
    RetroG1&G2
    ClassicG2
    F-V12
    F-V10G1
    F-Reiza
    F-UltimateG2

Haven't tested the others properly, but will do when I get the chance. I think it might actually even be track dependent, but cant confirm, only that I had no issues with the HitechG2 at Imola, but it was pretty bad in Barcelona.

7. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

8. Mazdaspeed

Baseline Strength: 108/Medium Aggression
    Car Used: Group C/Sauber C9
    Track: Barcelona 91
    Session: Qualifying/Race

The AI is pretty slow here, specially on both fast chicanes on sector 2.

Automobilista 2 Beta 11_28_2023 11_01_03 PM.png

9. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great AI update for 1.5.3, the overall behaviour of the AI is really fantastic and most of the immersion breaking stuff like insane weaving, driving on grass etc are dialled right back. A lot of tracks have vast improvements - it's great to see the AI no longer eat bollards like smarties at Oulton for instance :) Still a few discrepancies (dry weather, quick races):

Bathurst/tin tops

Tin top AI is pretty wild at both Bathursts IMHO. I've tried a number of classes but the GTEs are the most egregious. At anything above 90% skill the AI are faster than the player on mountain straight, up the mountain, over the mountain, down the mountain, and 20+kmh faster down Conrod. The only places they can be caught are Griffins and the Cutting. They tailgate and attempt insane passes down the mountain just for good measure. This is a track I know like the back of my hand from years of sim racing and yet I end up drenched in sweat (for the wrong reasons) battling to survive against opponents in classes and skill levels that I can just cruise to a podium with on most other tracks.

Road America/F Inter

Even at low skill (<95%) the AI magically gain 1sec on the player up the main straight, and kettle straight. If you are behind them at this point, they pull away like drafting doesn't exist

F Junior
    And while on the subject of discrepancies, I still think that F Jr AI are overpowered relative to the player. The have better brakes, and more grip and acceleration out of corners, and higher top speed on many tracks. I usually need to turn AI skill down by 5-10 to compete.

I know this is not the place to ask it, but too bad: will we ever see the return of the per class and per track difficulty slider?

10. Dicra

Yeah this is not a tin top, but an universal problem. I reported some of this in the other thread, too, but so far Bathurst hasn't made it on the "to be redone" list.

For the formula classes the AI definitely has too good traction out of the Cutting, but are rather slow in the Esses.

11. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Perhaps the Group C AI is not yet calibrated but I'll post my yesterday experience nonetheless.

Baseline Strength: 103/Medium Aggression
    Car Used: Group C (driving the Porsche)
    Track: Silverstone 1991
    Session: Qualifying + Race
    Conditions: cloudy

Copse: AI could be a bit faster here but basically nothing to worry about
    Becketts and Chapel: exit Becketts the AI is a bit slow
    Club: AI is very slow from mid to exit, they could be much faster
    Priory: AI imo could brake harder/later for this corner
    Brooklands & Luffield: also the AI could be faster throughout this tight section
    [​IMG]

12. Malaman

Malaman New Member

Baseline Strength: 105/Max Aggression
    Car Used: Sprint Race
    Track: All
    Session: All

I've been doing a custom Sprint Race championship and I've noticed the AI is 5-6 seconds slower than me in wet conditions. As the track begins to dry the difference will diminish until it's completely dry and they are at the same pace as me.

For now I'm not using wet weather, but I hope it gets fixed soon.

13. tonaz

tonaz New Member

Copa Classic, Londrina long version, at 120% difficulty, in qualification and race i'm 2.5 seconds faster than the second. And i do suck, definetely not a pro, not even close to esports drivers.

14. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

GT4, AI 95%, any track
    In full wet weather the AI brake too early and are very slow into corners, but then gain impossible grip and acceleration out of the corner (absolutely cannot be kept up with). They are 10+kms faster than the player on straights. The slow entry and fast exit/straights don’t cancel each other out, so the AI just end up several seconds faster than the player

15. Malaman

Malaman New Member

Baseline Strength: 105/Max Aggression
    Car Used: Sprint Race
    Track: Londrina short
    Session: All

It feels like they are way too slow on both chicanes.

Also my country flag is wrong, it should be Brazil.

upload_2023-12-2_8-53-48.png

16. _Was

_Was Member

McLaren MP4/6 F1 Classic Gen 4 , IA Starts Very Slow

17. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Autoclub Road Course - the AI will NEVER attempt a passing move when approaching this corner no matter how much space is given, instead decide to go single file.
    45fontanaroad-01.png
    20231203105140_1.jpg

18. Mazdaspeed

I did some wet AI testing in the F-Vintage G1&2 and the Retros G1&2. Tested in Kyalami HIstoric, 108%, medium aggression.

Vintages: These need a serious review, I was 10 seconds faster on the wet than on the dry in the G1 and 7 seconds on the G2. Tested in Silverstone to see if it was a track problem and nope, 8 seconds faster on the G1. Now the issue I think is not entirely the AI being slow, I felt I didn't lose nearly the amount of grip you should lose for the conditions, only lost 4.3 seconds from my dry time, the AI lost a more realistic 14 seconds. So I think the tires have too much grip for the player and hence the difference. Automobilista 2 Beta 12_4_2023 4_28_35 PM.png
    Automobilista 2 Beta 12_4_2023 4_44_05 PM.png
    Retros: These were much more straightforward, the AI lost 2 seconds to me from dry to wet on both classes, the grip level in the G1 felt fine although I would expect a bigger delta than 9 seconds. In the G2 it was a little too easy to drive and the delta was too low to me as well, only losing5.5 seconds from the dry time.
    Automobilista 2 Beta 12_4_2023 3_56_35 PM.png
    Automobilista 2 Beta 12_4_2023 3_39_11 PM.png

Again 108% difficulty is my baseline as I have to push to the max to finish in the top 5 in the F-UltimateG2 at Barcelona, so it should be my proper difficulty for all classes per the AI discrepancy report thread.

19. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

F-Vintage has received a wet calibration pass in the latest release.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Mazdaspeed

So ummm maybe I am just that good? :D
    Automobilista 2 12_6_2023 2_55_58 PM.png
    Seriously though, I am on 1.5.3.5.2458 which I believe is the latest main release. Did a file integrity check and it didn't change the results, they gained 2 seconds but that's not enough.

Can anyone do the same test to see if the results are the same?
    AI 108%
    Medium Aggresion
    Kyalami Historic
    Rain with the wet track state at the beginning

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.