1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. sci006

sci006 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

In Official Events if you click on the Upcoming or Finished tabs it crashes the game

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Spa 1993 (don't think is track related)
    Car Used: Group C - Porsche 962C (may not be completely car related)
    Applicable Settings: Online Session, server with driving aids enabled for those who may need them. Personal Gameplay settings with Driving Aids as Authentic.
    Report: even with the described settings above, the car had TC and ABS on, kicking in while driving. Gave a very subdued impression of the car, and it wasn't until I glanced the HUD (I drive on VR) turning around La Source and seeing the TC on, that I understood what was happening. It was my first outing with the car after the update, mind you. Going to Gameplay Settings and forcing Aids OFF fixed it. Dicra was at the session, also with a 962C, had the same thing happening on his end, and had to resort to the same solution.
    Steps to reproduce: Setup an online session with Driving Aids enabled, have your Gameplay settings for Aids as authentic, drive cars that don't have any aids, and see what happens in your end.

3. _Was

_Was Member

Happend too in single Player tested in all formula if i restart the race , the aids are off.

4. Toni

Toni New Member

Hello good!

I have realized that with the new update you can no longer see the map, neither when I run, nor in the replay

I looked at the Hud option to see if it was off, but I see that it is on.

5. No Insurance

No Insurance New Member

Track & Layout Used:
    First attempt: Daytona Sport Cars Course - 1 hour race
    Second attempt: Spa-Francorchamps 2022 - 40 minutes race
    Car Used: GT3
    Applicable Settings:
    Race date and time: 01/06/2023 - 8:00 am
    Time progression: 10x
    Weather: 4 slots synced to the race, being Sunny, Light clouds, random, random
    12 A.I at 105, aggressiveness at medium
    Mandatory pit stop: ON
    Track conditions: heavy rubber
    Report: A.I will pit every weather change, regardless of the weather condition, even from dry to dry.

In the 1 hour race at Daytona, A.I pitted every 15 minutes into the race.
    In the 40 minutes race at Spa, A.I pitted every 10 minutes into the race.

PS: I still have to set the same races with only 2 weather slot to confirm if the A.I will pit only once by the middle of the race.
    Steps to reproduce: Set the race with the conditions above.
    I don't know if track and class choice will matter.

6. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

should be sorted now

7. DIFENZ

DIFENZ New Member

Managed to fix the issue by deleting Automobilista 2 folder within users/*username*/Documents !

8. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

V1.5.3.2
    Track & Layout Used: Donington National
    Car Used: Ginetta G55 GT4 Cup
    Applicable Settings: Race
    Report: Major AI issue at end of main straight
    Steps to repro:

The AI take to the grass before Turn 1, this takes them into the exit of Pit Lane which triggers the "Pit Lane Ghosting" when they re-enter the track this continues through Turn 1.

4 screenshots with two examples show the bug visually;

20231127195241_1.jpg 20231127195250_1.jpg 20231127195842_1.jpg 20231127195838_1.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

V1.5.3.2 (both Beta and Public)
    Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: D-box motion effects do not work on Dirt surfaces / Grass surfaces.
    • Motion effects may work on paved run-off surfaces but, often only partially (Slip effect - yes / others - no).
    • Motion effects may work on some curbs but, not all (even when rumble effects exist in ffb).
    • Motion effects tend to work when transitioning off track onto grass only momentarily, then stop.
    • Driving with 2 wheels on track / 2 wheels on grass may produce motion effects.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive on / off track with D-box motion rig. Seems to be all tracks / all cars affected.

10. vicnet11

vicnet11 New Member

I Fixed the issue, after the big update, 2 files were corrupted

11. Eduardo Santis Torres

Eduardo Santis Torres Member

Version: 1.5.3.2
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: The animation for the manual shift lever and paddle shifter does not exist (the manual shift lever moves by itself)
    Steps to reproduce: Just look at the amination from inside the cabin.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2023
  12. Eduardo Santis Torres

Regarding the previous bug that I published, I have doubts, since I saw live broadcasts where the animation looks good. However, in my game you do not see the animation of the movement of the arm to move the shift lever or the hand in the case of paddle shifters. I don't know if it's a bug or a problem with my own game, I've reinstalled it four times and it's still the same. Do I have to configure any parameters in options? :mad::(

13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Are you using manual shifts and "authentic" driving aid mode?

14. Eduardo Santis Torres

This is my configuration, I don't know what to move
    config1.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Your animation is likely disabled because you run on full aids mode with automatic gears activated. I guess it will need a bit more dev time to let the game differentiate between onboard auto and "cheat aid" automatic so it just sees it as "automatic -> no animation" currently.

16. Eduardo Santis Torres

I understand, anyway, before the update, the animation looked good, this happened after the update :(. I was wondering if any more options had been added to activate or deactivate animations.

17. Alvaro Helguero

Alvaro Helguero New Member

have the same issue in gt3 cars They try to overtake the car ahead but in the last moment brake and put behind the rear I saw porsches trying to overtake nissans for 10 laps

18. CaptainPeanut

CaptainPeanut New Member

Car Used: Formula HiTech Gen 1 (happens to all cars in the game as far as I can tell)
    Applicable Settings: Race against AI
    Report: The sparks which are supposed to come from underneath the cars in front of me are misaligned in VR. If I close my left eye, the sparks appear like 5 meters to the right of the car that should be "attached" to.
    Steps to reproduce: Play the game in VR against other cars and pay attention to the sparks. Try to close your left eye, and you will clearly see the effect is misaligned.

19. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

In the car selection screen none of the cars in the Formula HiTech pack have a blue star next to the car picture to indicate that they are paid DLC.
    In the track selection screen none of the tracks in the Historical Track Pack pt2 have a blue star next to the track map to indicate that they are paid DLC.

20. CaptainPeanut

CaptainPeanut New Member

Car Used: Any open-wheel car (Formula 1, Karts etc.)
    Applicable Settings: Race against AI in wet weather with every setting set to max and rain drops being enabled under Visual FX.
    Report: The rain drops that appear on your visor (your "face") when playing the game in 2D do not appear in VR, even though they should. I see the rain falling from the sky and the water spray coming from the cars, but no rain drops on my "face" in VR. This was also an issue back in Project Cars 2 which of course use the same engine as AMS2. It worked just fine in Project Cars 1 though.
    Steps to reproduce: Play the game in VR in the rain and notice how there aren't any rain drops on your "face".