AI speed: difference between quali and race

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by F_B, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Salvatore Sirignano

Salvatore Sirignano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You are right, there are so many variables to cover! Perhaps there is no problem for most combinations.
    The format I like to use with AMS is the following.
    60/90 mins practice
    60 mins qualifying
    30 minute race.

107% difficulty, medium aggression, unlimited tyres, tyre and fuel usage normal, track progression medium/normal

I play with the F Vintage, F Retro and fabulous F1 71 mod and keep my races fairly brief as half an hour is plenty of time in which to make a mistake.

The problem I have with my combination is that the fastest times of the weekend are set in practice or at the end of the race, and the slowest times in qualifying.
    Obviously the opposite is true..

I definitely do need to do more testing, I was happy with my findings but then some overly quick times appeared..

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

All I can suggest is when you find the worst example of Q producing the slowest times, change one and only one variable at a time. For example, pick High aggression, but leave all else the same. Try a different track, but leave all else identical. Etc. And always use Reiza cars and tracks as a baseline. Mods are so easy to screw-up :(

• Like Like x 1