1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS 2 console release ?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Djin, Jun 22, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Madatek

Madatek Member

What settings, if I may ask?

2. micro-impact

micro-impact New Member

That tells us more about the competitors than you might guess.
    No one said, you canĀ“t drive fast.

3. maitevel

maitevel New Member

Some people here claim that games like Competizione or rFactor 2 have better handling with the controller than AMS2.

Ok, then we look on the internet and we can find more videos or threads of controller setups for Competizione or rFactor 2 than for AMS2.

I can show wins, podiums or top 5 in AMS2 online rooms in grids of 10, 15 or 20 users (it's hard to fill them so much but if the planets align, it's possible).

Here is someone with Youtube channel like FS7. Well, you could show us online races in Competizione or rFactor 2, as those games are so good to drive with the controller, I'm sure you have victories or podiums in crowded grids.
    I'm already saying that it won't be a problem of whether or not you want to upload videos of victories, but of being able to do so.

To say that the current controller handling would not be good on console (and therefore, for example rFactor 2 would be) is to live in a parallel dimension.

If you say that the controller support in AMS2 can be improved, we could agree. In my case the vibration issue, in your case the filter and vibration issue.
    However, for you to say that AMS2's handling with the controller is lousy is to have no idea which way the wind is blowing.

And look at how lost a lot of people are in the handling with controller, that the 3 or 4 control help sites all advocate setting the dead zone of the throttle and brake to 0 and the sensitivities of both to 10.
    In reality it is the other way around.

And with this I half reply to the other user, who instead of replying to me, is in favour of wanting to go better with the controller.

I actually use a very similar configuration to the default one, except for what I mentioned a few lines above and the fact that I have the steering sensitivity set to the minimum.

In very specific cases, I will increase the steering sensitivity by 5, 10, 15 or more, but if I do, it's usually for Time Trial.

The Opposite Lock, apart from being noticeably slower, I always have it deactivated, except on the Super V8. But it's not an enjoyable car for me. The Opposing Lock is an aid that I don't like and it's also easier to spin with it at certain times.

I suppose LFM will have similar features to Racecraft, including the requirement to play with realistic car aids. So I will focus on 6, 8 or 10 car classes: GT3, GT4, GT5, Mini, Formula Trainer, etc., i.e. cars that have ABS, TC or both, or affordable cars to play without them.

And I honestly think I can be in top positions.

4. maitevel

maitevel New Member

I guess I'll record some LFM races and upload them to Youtube.

No intention to gain notoriety or views but to show that you can be very competitive with controller in the game.

Having said all this, it is very possible that I am not very enthusiastic about LFM, because of the limitations in the car setup, because of the aggressiveness of the people or because you compare an online race vs AI race and I find the latter more realistic.
    The AI lacks a couple of details of closing gaps and overtaking and can be much more interesting than racing against the average user online.

5. maitevel

maitevel New Member

And this is my letter of introduction: 10 laps in a row in Cadwell with Formula USA 2023, with controller, cockpit view and a devilish pace.

In what other simulator can you go like this with controller?

Not even the Gran Turismo simcade has a circuit as tight as Cadwell.

Competizione has to be born anew to allow you to go like this with a controller.

From my video it's clear that if you can go like that in Cadwell and with such a fast car, then you can go very well with almost anything.

Ah, but Cohen, FS7 and some others say that the controller handling is bad. Of course, of course.