AMS TH8 Thrustmaster + Fanatec CSW 2.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Robets, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Robets

Robets New Member

Hi everyone, waiting for the release of Automobilista 2 I wanted to take my Fanatec with the first chapter of the series in my hands and I found a bitter surprise; the game crashes as soon as the chosen circuit is loaded. Needless to say, I have tried everything that is recommended in the event of a crash but nothing has worked. Insisting and doing a thousand tests I therefore noticed a really strange thing .... the combination Fanatec CSW 2.5 with the TH8 Thrustmaster gearbox generates the problem. If I start the game without turning on the steering wheel, it loads without problems, but as soon as I turn on the Fanatec the crash returns. So I tried to disconnect the gearbox from the USB socket keeping only the steering wheel on and everything works. Now, there are cars that need H-shifter but this is not possible because the game crashes! Has such a thing happened to anyone? Are there any solutions?

2. Descoat

Descoat New Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes mate, me too.
    I´m gonna try something to solve it. If it works, i will let you know.

3. Descoat

Ok finally I found no solution except connecting only the csw 2.5 with v3 pedals.

4. Robets

Robets New Member

exactly, I also did the same test and the game works well but without the TH8 gearbox which is absurd since there are cars that only go with H gearbox

• Like Like x 1
  5. Descoat

Let me make another try... V3 pedals with usb and Th8a or Tss handbrake.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Descoat

Ok it works if I put V3 pedals with TH8A and TSS handbrake, so the problem is with the CSW 2.5
    Strange.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Robets

Robets New Member

yes really very strange. I also tried to turn on the Fanatec CSW base after entering the game and actually, with the TH8 inserted in the USB, the game did not crash. The problem is that when I turn on the Fanatec base, it is not recognized. I also thought it was the fault of Fanatec's beta software for adjusting the whole system, but once disabled, the problem always occurred. What can you still try?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Descoat

Really... nothing. We made all the possible solutions. If you turn on fanatec base after the game is load, is exactly the same as it´s not connected.
    The possible solutions can pass if you load another profile like thrustmaster but not fanatec and reassign everything. The problem in my case, is thjat I can´t choose any more profile. Perhaps it´s a bug.

9. Robets

Robets New Member

seems to have solved my problem .... I have seen a post on the subject always in this forum, where a user said he had solved by bringing the beta version to 1.5.25 .... I tried and everything works !!! I'm happy!!! Try it this way too!

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Descoat

You did it, ...works great!! I didn´t understand why game Stock car has no problem with this combination.
    Thanks, mate!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Robets

Robets New Member

thanks to you who have rekindled my hope to try again after at least two weeks of trying!:)